Developments in Chiang Mai Overview?

nikster

Try google earth.....can't think of a better overview of chiang mai.

Should have worded that better.

I meant a website that lists all the developments currently underway. I know there's lots of them.

Google Earth is often behind the times by a year or five... although they're apparently about to change that & map the world daily! Which is cool. But they're not doing it yet ;)

Good idea.

I think I just might set one up.

Buyers agent for all CM off plan. Negotiate discounts on buyers behalf. Slice a finders fee off the developers side. Developers have more sales. Everyone's a winner.

Cheers

;-)

Good idea.

I think I just might set one up.

Buyers agent for all CM off plan. Negotiate discounts on buyers behalf. Slice a finders fee off the developers side. Developers have more sales. Everyone's a winner.

Cheers

;-)

You set one up, I'll set one up, you can buy me out for a million baht. I don't know about you, but i'll be very happy.

^ By all means, please do it. I'll consult for free.

You could add information that a surprising number of CM real estate websites are missing such as: Map; Size of the house (I am looking at you TV classifieds!), size of the land. Actually with developments there's usually a standard contract where they have a map with available plots / sold houses / available built-up plots, a base price for the different house types, and a price per additional sq wah.

This could seriously be a whole business. Driving around Chiang Mai to hope to randomly run across advertisements and developments seems a really inefficient way to do it.

• Like 2

I can stand my Condo balcony and watch 4 new projects going up. All condo's. Condo's are quieter less dog and rooster noise. I would be careful of any big real estate investment at present for 2 reasons. The first you know and the second is that I feel a real estate bubble is in the making. Don't get caught at the top of the cycle.

For all new condo and housing you really cannot go past the CMHouse magazine. Its out monthly and sold at some 7/11s and Rimping that I know of. Has a map in the middle and extensive listing/index. Also a lot of website links for the developments as well through the ads and index. Its the most comprensive, current, cheap, available, and easy to navigate thing I have seen. Flick through one on sale but they seem to sell quickly.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1

^ Thank you! That sounds like the ticket, will check it out!

I dislike condos; longevity is questionable and they seem very expensive for what you get. Also I have a family, cars, tools, bikes, etc etc - we need space! If I was alone different story. With kids you want a house.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 2

^ Thank you! That sounds like the ticket, will check it out!

I dislike condos; longevity is questionable and they seem very expensive for what you get. Also I have a family, cars, tools, bikes, etc etc - we need space! If I was alone different story. With kids you want a house.

Defiantly agree I had all those things and after the kids and a little older found that they no longer served my needs and a condo did.

But at the time a condo would have been a nightmare.wai.gif

Edit

Maybe if I was into gardening a small house would be OK. But it would be the main reason for the house.

Not into gardening so it is a pass.

Edited by northernjohn

The quick answer is a somewhat time-consuming but thorough search. Much better than on-line and blind agent searches. Armed with your iPhone or whatever, get in your auto or hire a tuk tuk and do a one- to two-day tour of those areas in which you are interested. Take note of all sales office phone numbers. They all have them posted! Keep a record of photos and make notes on location and surroundings. Just based on initial sales offerings, you will begin to establish a range of desireable places. Then, start contacting the sales offices.

Then the process gets difficult, much more so! Nevermind getting into that!

You do not need to rush. If Chiang Mai isnt in a real estate bubble, I have never seen one --- and I have.

Take your time. Happy hunting!

By the way, web search for a copy of the Thai condo law. It is interesting.