Lifan 200 Cross

AllanB

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to the NE Thailand stockist for Lifan, in Mugdahan and they are not ordering any more of the off-road models, they have no bikes now in stock, only a secondhand one for 25k. She said they normally buy a small batch, but not any more.

Also the main company Moddaeng (Red Spider..which bite you!) have a really bad reputation for service generally and with Lifan being a "cheap bike" it is basically "Sod off Baldrick".

We are a planning a drive down south, so will take a look around there.

Just spoke to the NE Thailand stockist for Lifan, in Mugdahan and they are not ordering any more of the off-road models, they have no bikes now in stock, only a secondhand one for 25k. She said they normally buy a small batch, but not any more.

Also the main company Moddaeng (Red Spider..which bite you!) have a really bad reputation for service generally and with Lifan being a "cheap bike" it is basically "Sod off Baldrick".

Yawn...

Jesus H. Christ with a torque wrench. 7 pages of this saga. If you really wanted one, you would already be in posseession of one. It's not rocket science to find one, put your cash on the table and ride away. As for service blah blah, everybody with a generic Chinese (made in Thailand) motorcycle, knows this already. If you are not handy with spanners and SIMPLE (capital letters) maintenance, buy a Honda. These bikes are extremely popular in the States, most arrive to the customer in a crate for self final assembly fer crissakes. Parts purchased on Chinese/US/UK ebay. You're on your own once bought bar help with specific forums (Chinariders.com et al).

Yawn...

Jesus H. Christ with a torque wrench. 7 pages of this saga. If you really wanted one, you would already be in posseession of one. It's not rocket science to find one, put your cash on the table and ride away. As for service blah blah, everybody with a generic Chinese (made in Thailand) motorcycle, knows this already. If you are not handy with spanners and SIMPLE (capital letters) maintenance, buy a Honda. These bikes are extremely popular in the States, most arrive to the customer in a crate for self final assembly fer crissakes. Parts purchased on Chinese/US/UK ebay. You're on your own once bought bar help with specific forums (Chinariders.com et al).

I don't know what you problem is, why would a buy a secondhand, non-running, clocked bike, sold as seen from a miserable old bag in the middle of nowhere....and all for the price of a brand new one, I am not that desperate? If I buy a new bike, I don't expect to be fixing it up before I start and getting spares won't be a pleasurable experience at all.

If you DELETED them off by ordering it, trying it and then not buying it, that is your problem friend.

She said it was secondhand, with no warranty at all, it looked secondhand and she didn't want to sell it to me anyway and besides I don't do business with people who are rude to me. You think it/she is so great go buy it yourself, but be assured this is a bike that has been "recycled" by Lifan, meaning it has been in stock for a long time and shipped back under an SOR agreement. They told me that at Mugdahan.

I am happy to find and pick a new one up somewhere else, from a nice polite friendly dealer.

If you are bored with this thread, there are many others to follow.... have a nice day.smile.png

Jesus H. Christ with a ball pein hammer. Where did i mention the DEAL i put you on to in my local town? That was by pm. This and the other Lifan topic are running at 15 pages. Any excuse to not buy one, but keep talking about it. There's a town called Nong Han, 40 kms from me, has 3 in stock, 49k. There's another town on the way to SN called Sawan Dan Deang, has a proper Lifan dealer, owner speaks excellent English, he has another 3, plus the X Plore, starting at 52k. I'm sure driving around for a day you'll find some locally in KK. A Lifan/Keeway /Whatever purchase is not/will not be the same shopping experience as from a Honda big bike dealer. Most NEW bikes do not sit on showroom floors with filled batteries in them , inc little Waves. A Lifan X Cross is a dual sport bike, and if ridden sold for purpose, ie, used off road, you will break h/bar levers. You will scratch it and you will brake plastics. So, if the throttle and clutch cables had some rust on them, whooppee do (3-400 baht to replace with shiney ones?). The bike was a full 10k off list, and WAS and still is new. Perhaps between you/your wife and the saleswoman something got mixed up in tech translation. Now if i was in the market for a Lifan X Cross, i would personally buy one with 25% off list price from a "miserable old bag in the middle of nowhere", because it's 10k cheaper, you aint gonna get that Triumph/Harley/Ducati sales experience anywhere else in a Lifan dealer. Oh, and the sales girls are'nt "old bags", quite nice girls actually, just not very good sales people.

As for buying it myself, why should i. I like what they can do off road, but on road they are unappealing just as a KLX 250 i test rode was. This is my personal opinion. I am now off the 200/250 dual sport idea. "Recycled by Lifan", was told to you by another Lifan dealer who's wares you also rejected? Listen, i wasted an hour of my life trying to be helpful, going in the shop, checking the bike, asking the girls(yes, on my own - i can speak fluent Thai, i don't need the missus to hold my hand) and replying to your pms.

I'll re-post pics of the very same bike that is still for sale at 39,900 baht cash. Inc all paperwork and registration sorted. Finance available only to people with a blue house book in the local ampur. It don't look very second hand to me, inc plastic wrapping still on various parts. Yes, it may have been stored badly, a little rust on cables, a couple of fasteners, but what do you expect for basically Wave money?. If it was a 390k bike, not 39k, yes i would want immaculate. But a Lifan dual sport - i'll take the one with 25% off please, and i'll fix it myself when it goes wrong. Oh, and i did'nt check how old the tires were...post-139129-0-54212300-1447219364_thumb.post-139129-0-00065100-1447219503_thumb.post-139129-0-53062300-1447219615_thumb.post-139129-0-73413300-1447219740_thumb.

If, and when you buy a Lifan X Cross brand new, i'll eat my hat and change my name to David Dimbleby. Have a nice time shopping.

Jesus H. Christ with a ball pein hammer. Where did i mention the DEAL i put you on to in my local town? That was by pm. This and the other Lifan topic are running at 15 pages. Any excuse to not buy one, but keep talking about it. There's a town called Nong Han, 40 kms from me, has 3 in stock, 49k. There's another town on the way to SN called Sawan Dan Deang, has a proper Lifan dealer, owner speaks excellent English, he has another 3, plus the X Plore, starting at 52k. I'm sure driving around for a day you'll find some locally in KK. A Lifan/Keeway /Whatever purchase is not/will not be the same shopping experience as from a Honda big bike dealer. Most NEW bikes do not sit on showroom floors with filled batteries in them , inc little Waves. A Lifan X Cross is a dual sport bike, and if ridden sold for purpose, ie, used off road, you will break h/bar levers. You will scratch it and you will brake plastics. So, if the throttle and clutch cables had some rust on them, whooppee do (3-400 baht to replace with shiney ones?). The bike was a full 10k off list, and WAS and still is new. Perhaps between you/your wife and the saleswoman something got mixed up in tech translation. Now if i was in the market for a Lifan X Cross, i would personally buy one with 25% off list price from a "miserable old bag in the middle of nowhere", because it's 10k cheaper, you aint gonna get that Triumph/Harley/Ducati sales experience anywhere else in a Lifan dealer. Oh, and the sales girls are'nt "old bags", quite nice girls actually, just not very good sales people.

As for buying it myself, why should i. I like what they can do off road, but on road they are unappealing just as a KLX 250 i test rode was. This is my personal opinion. I am now off the 200/250 dual sport idea. "Recycled by Lifan", was told to you by another Lifan dealer who's wares you also rejected? Listen, i wasted an hour of my life trying to be helpful, going in the shop, checking the bike, asking the girls(yes, on my own - i can speak fluent Thai, i don't need the missus to hold my hand) and replying to your pms.

I'll re-post pics of the very same bike that is still for sale at 39,900 baht cash. Inc all paperwork and registration sorted. Finance available only to people with a blue house book in the local ampur. It don't look very second hand to me, inc plastic wrapping still on various parts. Yes, it may have been stored badly, a little rust on cables, a couple of fasteners, but what do you expect for basically Wave money?. If it was a 390k bike, not 39k, yes i would want immaculate. But a Lifan dual sport - i'll take the one with 25% off please, and i'll fix it myself when it goes wrong. Oh, and i did'nt check how old the tires were...attachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.15.50.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.16.05.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.16.16.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.16.28.jpg

If, and when you buy a Lifan X Cross brand new, i'll eat my hat and change my name to David Dimbleby. Have a nice time shopping.

post-224886-0-97603300-1447223312_thumb.

Look forward to getting mine and off to build a ramp for the pickup.

Thank god that you have at last bought one..only taken 16 or so months since #20.smile.png

Don't forget you must have a cover on the bike when on the pick-up and all relevant paperwork for bike with you also when bike is on.

I'll re-post pics of the very same bike that is still for sale at 39,900 baht cash. Inc all paperwork and registration sorted. Finance available only to people with a blue house book in the local ampur. It don't look very second hand to me, inc plastic wrapping still on various parts. Yes, it may have been stored badly, a little rust on cables, a couple of fasteners, but what do you expect for basically Wave money?. If it was a 390k bike, not 39k, yes i would want immaculate. But a Lifan dual sport - i'll take the one with 25% off please, and i'll fix it myself when it goes wrong. Oh, and i did'nt check how old the tires were...attachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.15.50.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.16.05.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.16.16.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-28 15.16.28.jpg

Hello David Dimbleby...Do you want sauce to flavour your hat?..tongue.png

LOL. Bear with me, he has'nt actually purchased it yet. There's still a way to go before he rides off into the sunset, after plonking his cash down on the counter. Lots of twists and turns;

Incorrect model as opposed to the photo.

Wrong colour.

Tires look old.

Not enough air in the tires.

Stickers not on straight.

Anything.

I await confirmation and photos for proof before going to the embassy/council registrar by deed poll. I'll take Colman's Mustard...

LOL. Bear with me, he has'nt actually purchased it yet. There's still a way to go before he rides off into the sunset, after plonking his cash down on the counter. Lots of twists and turns;

Incorrect model as opposed to the photo.

Wrong colour.

Tires look old.

Not enough air in the tires.

Stickers not on straight.

Anything.

I await confirmation and photos for proof before going to the embassy/council registrar by deed poll. I'll take Colman's Mustard...

Do you nag your wife as well?bah.gif

I will be sure to take lots of photos, duly verified by Edward Snowdon and Tony Blair, if they haven't killed the smirking piece of excrement by then, then it it's all down to you, my outback friend.

Don't forget the strong indigestion tablets and stomach pump, oh and fat wallet for all that paperwork procurement. You should be able to get your money back when you start making the TV programs.

I am hoping for plenty of twists and turns, but after I get the bike.

The photo they took was of the actual bike, so fingers crossed.

Could you post a picture of the hat, is it one of these?cowboy.gif

Congratulations ,but believe me you have bought the wrong bike. Obviously you wanted something cheap so went with this thing.You should have got the bennelli ,these things are the most uncomfortable bikes to ride two up.....You are pushed to far forward with a passenger on board and you have to move your feet further forward or the passengers feet get in your way,I'm a healthy young lad pretty slim build and after one 70 km ride on a similir kind of bike ,I swore never to take a passenger again......Good luck?

Congratulations ,but believe me you have bought the wrong bike. Obviously you wanted something cheap so went with this thing.You should have got the bennelli ,these things are the most uncomfortable bikes to ride two up.....You are pushed to far forward with a passenger on board and you have to move your feet further forward or the passengers feet get in your way,I'm a healthy young lad pretty slim build and after one 70 km ride on a similir kind of bike ,I swore never to take a passenger again......Good luck?

We hired a KLX150 on Kho Summet and it was a squeeze, this is a little bigger and I know, by no means perfect, however, this will not be my only bike. The plan is to sell the NV400 and buy something light like a Benelli TNT25 with the money, then the Lifan will be used for playing in the dirt with a mate who also has a cheap dirt bike. and also riding around town.

My best fun on a bike ever was in VN with MrsB and luggage on a 100 Wave, not what most of you guys would consider either. I am a very big fan of Ed March who seems to have a real laugh on his exploits, I don't profess to be a serious biker, or even a good one, we just want to have fun.

If not, well we all make mistakes..as the Darlek said as it got down off the dustbin.

Thinking about the Mae Hong Song Loop on it......... how hard can it be?biggrin.png Thinking about a tank pannier?

We hired a KLX150 on Kho Summet and it was a squeeze, this is a little bigger and I know, by no means perfect, however, this will not be my only bike. The plan is to sell the NV400 and buy something light like a Benelli TNT25 with the money, then the Lifan will be used for playing in the dirt with a mate who also has a cheap dirt bike. and also riding around town.

My best fun on a bike ever was in VN with MrsB and luggage on a 100 Wave, not what most of you guys would consider either. I am a very big fan of Ed March who seems to have a real laugh on his exploits, I don't profess to be a serious biker, or even a good one, we just want to have fun.

If not, well we all make mistakes..as the Darlek said as it got down off the dustbin.

Thinking about the Mae Hong Song Loop on it......... how hard can it be?biggrin.png Thinking about a tank pannier?

of coarse your best fun was on a wave in vn because it was your first real trip,all my adventures on bikes are fun weather it be wringing its neck on the track,touring Thailand ,playing in the dirt or Sunday rideouts in the UK of 350 miles + all done on different bikes that are fit for purpose,maybe it's just me but if I am uncomfortable on a bike I don't find it fun and don't look forward to doing it again.

As you mentioned earlier you don't like riding the long highways because it doesn't suit your riding style you have just proved my point you don't like it because you are not comfortable with it...

You are gonna have the same problem on the Mao hai song loop crazy drivers moving faster than yourself .

Get onto the 108 and I think its the 105 much better roads with less traffic

Edited by taninthai

Thinking about the Mae Hong Song Loop on it......... how hard can it be?

Minivans coming around the corners in the wrong lane, broken pavement, and you with a passenger on a 20hp bike trying to get up the hills and around the switchbacks ...

Edited by canthai55

of coarse your best fun was on a wave in vn because it was your first real trip,all my adventures on bikes are fun weather it be wringing its neck on the track,touring Thailand ,playing in the dirt or Sunday rideouts in the UK of 350 miles + all done on different bikes that are fit for purpose,maybe it's just me but if I am uncomfortable on a bike I don't find it fun and don't look forward to doing it again.

As you mentioned earlier you don't like riding the long highways because it doesn't suit your riding style you have just proved my point you don't like it because you are not comfortable with it...

You are gonna have the same problem on the Mao hai song loop crazy drivers moving faster than yourself .

Get onto the 108 and I think its the 105 much better roads with less traffic

So we are all different, but doing Mae Hong Song the way everyone else does, well that isn't for me.

I have done 1/3rd of Mae Hong Song in my truck, looked at vids and it isn't a dangerous road, but you do have to keep your wits about you, getting out of the way when the need arises. You guys "wring the necks of your bikes", riding faster than everyone else on the planet, in case you get rear ended by a nutter, which, IMO is ten times more dangerous, but it is your choice.

What is "fit for purpose", it is a vehicle built for two people and all biking is a risk that we way up in our own mind. So, I don't want to get in an argument of who is safer, because it is all subjective, I know I am, you know you are.

I will be comfortable doing it, or I won't do it, I have no compulsion to do and die and in past activities I have failed certain challenges when I considered the risks unacceptable. But surely we all do that, the old adage of "he who fights and runs away lives to fight another day".

The 108/105 isn't Mae Hong Song.

Lighten up mate, this is a leisure activity, nothing more.,,,,and they are my trousers.ohmy.png

i don't think you understand mate or take on board others views ,the mai hong song loop is indeed a dangerous road we saw 2 crashes when we done it,one of them we was one of the first on scene bloke was over the barrier and down a slope in the jungle we talked with him and waited for emergency services and helped with his bike,you have never ridden with me who says i wring bikes necks everywhere thats for the track mate ,i don't even ride sports bikes on the road,kawasaki 650 is my choice of bike for touring here parallel twin with something like 70 bhp hardly a beast of a bike.i guess you know best though if you have done 1/3rd of the loop in your truck and watched videos of it.dont really care if you don't listen to my and others advice but please don't make assumptions about the way i ride.

i believe the 108 is part of the loop but you turn of it to continue the loop if you don't turn off it i believe it carries on to the 105.not to sure as was playing follow the leader.

Edited by taninthai