Samsung Black Screen Problem

nikster

I have a 3 year old Samsung 42" LCD TV.

It's generally a good TV set - however, it had an issue from the very beginning where the screen would go black (audio still running, so the TV is still on).

We had this issue fixed under warranty 3 times, and one time outside of warranty. Now it's happened again.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can actually fix this in Chiang Mai? By actual fix I mean fix it in a way that it doesn't come back a few months later.

Any other ideas of what to do with it or experiences with this? Just get a new TV?

Fix it, sell it, buy another one smile.png

I had that thought but decided against it. Karma and all that :)

Then again - I could fix it but tell prospective buyers about a potential issue and give them a discount on it. That'd be good... hmmm... I think that's what I'll do. Thanks ;)

Fix it, sell it, buy another one smile.png

I had that thought but decided against it. Karma and all that smile.png

Then again - I could fix it but tell prospective buyers about a potential issue and give them a discount on it. That'd be good... hmmm... I think that's what I'll do. Thanks wink.png

So long as your up-front about it being repaired, I think you're alright from the karma side of things.. I'd even give them the repair receipt... but I'd use that as leverage for getting a better price... "it's even got a brand new thing-a-whats-it!" :P

• Like 1

If it was broken under warranty and it hasn't survived a full warranty period without failing, you should argue that it has not yet completed the warranty.

Did you actually find out what was broken and what they did to fix it?

If it was broken under warranty and it hasn't survived a full warranty period without failing, you should argue that it has not yet completed the warranty.

Did you actually find out what was broken and what they did to fix it?

In theory yes. But this is Thailand.

Did not find out what was broken, no. The issue used to be intermittent which didn't help things. You'd have to have the TV on for 10 or 20 minutes to see it.