Ram Hospital Prices?

Vincimus

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong.

Any foreigner, Thai in the company of a foreigner, or person with foreign surname gets charged double (or more).

You are incorrect on this point, regardless of what your ex-MIL has told you.

7 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I disagree with that. It is not true.

I copied this from another post (my post) a few days ago since it applies.

Having required a couple of procedures recently that my insurance would not cover, I price-shopped at all the hospitals in which my surgeon practices, and Chiang Mai Ram was the cheapest. I checked at Sriphat, Bangkok Hospital, and C.M. Ram. Bangkok Hospital was by far the most expensive at almost 80%! higher, followed by Sriphat, and Chiang Mai Ram being the cheapest. Also, C.M. Ram was the only one who was open to negotiation beyond the already lower fee. They contacted me about 4 times offering adjustments and further discounts to have the procedures there. Sriphat is still an excellent resource of excellent medical professionals, but everything has gone way, way up in price over the years. Also, Suan Dok (government hospital) is not much cheaper than Sriphat for certain procedures. I needed a specific MRI and Sriphat was 25,500 Baht while Suan Dok was only a little less at 20,500 Baht (and the wait was almost 4 months). But yes, the follow up appointment was 60 Baht.

Edited by elektrified

On 10/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, MrKFC said:

All around I've had good experience with Chiang Mai Ram, the dental department in particular, but have also consulted with a excellent orthopedic surgeon as well as doing a full cardio exam.

But just yesterday I had my eyes checked and there was a brand new, inexplicable 'hospital fee' of 850 baht, in addition to the checkup, which was 880 baht.

Is this just an example of corporate crooks picking farangs pockets when they can? Never seen it before, and the cashier wasn't able to explain it.

I have an appt with a dermatologist next week, but if this is something they've started doing, I'll cancel and go elsewhere. 

So I went up to accounting and sorted this out.

The mysterious 'hospital cost' that appeared on my bill for my visit to the eye doctor was actually a legitimate charge that was connected to my dental visit the day before ... needed a filling.

Didn't appear on the dentist's bill for some reason, paid for the checkup only, not the cleaning and filling, but they did include it with the bill for the eye doc. Looks like it was in fact spelled out on the bill but I don't read Thai ... 

DS