Thailand downgraded to be among worst human trafficking centres

Lite Beer

What about the criminal ways Thai employers deal with farang workers too?

Although this is bad and another blight on the country, it can hardly be compared.

Do you think murder and rape are the same as not paying wages on time, constant lies or no work permits?

Yup it is murder and rape in question too, not just wages or work permits, damn right its comparable because its all part of it and happens... you do understand the term slavery and slave labour right ?

If you think slavery (which involves rape, beatings and murder) is comparable to <deleted> (hate that racist word) workers issues then you may have moved to the right country. I am sure most of the expat community are free to go home when they like and don't have their daughters taken to be locked up as sex slaves for the entertainment of the locals.

It is a complete different issue as we have choice

• Like 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the criminal ways Thai employers deal with farang workers too?

Although this is bad and another blight on the country, it can hardly be compared.

Do you think murder and rape are the same as not paying wages on time, constant lies or no work permits?

Yup it is murder and rape in question too, not just wages or work permits, damn right its comparable because its all part of it and happens... you do understand the term slavery and slave labour right ?

If you think slavery (which involves rape, beatings and murder) is comparable to <deleted> (hate that racist word) workers issues then you may have moved to the right country. I am sure most of the expat community are free to go home when they like and don't have their daughters taken to be locked up as sex slaves for the entertainment of the locals.

It is a complete different issue as we have choice

You clearly have no clue just what it encompasses do you ? rolleyes.gif wake up bud the worlds wayyy ahead of you here.

I read that a Thai journalist, caught up in the Rohingya scandal, when attempting to ask questions of a Thai General was asked by him 'Are you Thai?. How many times have we seen examples of this ultra nationalist mindset? And no, it won't ever change.

• Like 2

The military does not have a good track record for " getting this sorted". Couldn't be further from the truth if the past in anything to go by. Perhaps General Prayuth will prove to be different from the long list of predecessors. I hope so.

The problems do seem to be piling up for the junta and they seem to be trying to deal with far too much in too short a time.

Perhaps they should prioritize their "to do" list before it all gets out of hand?

So true and evidence how much everything has spun out of control (especially the past three years), the damage is incredible and will take a long time to fix.

The sad thing is that I still don't believe they learned anything from this and that the whole funfair will start over again after the so called democracy is installed again.

So far, over a long time these people (Thai) have proven they can't manage them selves and what about face if you have been with your pans down all this time.

Time for a real lasting change this time, I might be dreaming though.

Edited by Rimbuman
  • Like 2

This issue is already making headlines in the international press:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/20/world/asia/thailand-trafficking-report/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I think the junta must have seen this.

If you saw last night's live " information" broadcast you will know what I mean. There was an attempt to justify what has gone before and what will be done. It seemed a bit like a panic attack.

Same thing with the Cambodian, Myanmar worker issues, a major about face.

Edited by Thailand

The military does not have a good track record for " getting this sorted". Couldn't be further from the truth if the past in anything to go by. Perhaps General Prayuth will prove to be different from the long list of predecessors. I hope so.

The problems do seem to be piling up for the junta and they seem to be trying to deal with far too much in too short a time.

Perhaps they should prioritize their "to do" list before it all gets out of hand?

Yes, and the "Premium World" countries ain't helpful to assist but rather prefer to blow whistles and being nothing but a mere pain in the a.. Despite haven proven more than once already that they are just experts in pointing fingers and messing things up even more than they are.

The Thai military must not succeed in getting the Kingdom's problems solved 'coz this would be evidence that the big brothers do nothing than just barking in the wrong tone themselves and hence the target appears to be worsen the situation rather than trying to improve it. Pathetic, isn't it?

Therefore, keep going General Prayuth and stay focussed to the benefit of the Kingdom and its people. wai.gif

Edited by Richard Hall
  • Like 1

Says the country that was built on Slavery clap2.gif

but finally had the sense to change................do you see any change here?

The US couldn't have built on slavery without the very active involved efforts of Europeans catching and bringing Africans over. Plus they supplied many other places in Americas. Now that is trafficking!

I agree with you here. I think the Junta has done way too much too soon. It's all good,,,,I think, but how can they do a good job with everything at once when they aren't even trained in these matters. Who's pulling the Junta's strings? Think about it. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing, then everything. Something is going on behind the curtain.

The Thai Ambassador to the US said on BBC that the country could do more and will, he then detailed all that's being done and felt it was enough for LoS to remain in Tier 2.

Now it remains to be seen if any sort of sanctions will be imposed after 01 Oct or will the US decide that a warning to an ' old friend and ally ' will be enough ?

Does the US really think the Thais will worry about mere words from foreigners who don't understand Thainess whereas sanctions might actually get their attention ?

Considering how much time was given the this subject on the militaries live broadcast last night you can rest assured that there is a major concern over the perception of how other countries are currently viewing Thailand,it was even the first item on the broadcast!

It all starts with the children understanding what national pride is, but I am glad that the army cares about the perception of how other countries view Thailand

After years of warnings, the US named and shamed Thailand, Malaysia and Venezuela, dumping them at the bottom of a list of countries accused of failing to tackle modern-day slavery, AFP reported from Washington.

Hmm...oil producing countries. Two of which are at odds with the USA at the moment. What a load of &lt;deleted&gt;.

• Like 1

The Thai Ambassador to the US said on BBC that the country could do more and will, he then detailed all that's being done and felt it was enough for LoS to remain in Tier 2.

Now it remains to be seen if any sort of sanctions will be imposed after 01 Oct or will the US decide that a warning to an ' old friend and ally ' will be enough ?

Does the US really think the Thais will worry about mere words from foreigners who don't understand Thainess whereas sanctions might actually get their attention ?

Considering how much time was given the this subject on the militaries live broadcast last night you can rest assured that there is a major concern over the perception of how other countries are currently viewing Thailand,it was even the first item on the broadcast!

Yes, and the military will get it sorted out... They are not screwing around now, when they say something, they mean business.

It really shows what the Thaksin regime has done for Thailand's image over the years.

The Yingluck administration got downgraded the last time and vowed to make changes..... they did nothing.... Why?

Because there was no money to be made from it for ministers.... that's why.

If their is money in it.... The PTP put 'their all' into it.

Looking forward to the huge clean up...... Many heads to roll on this one.... Maybe another gross negligence charge for Yingluck won't go amiss.

As stated in another thread, try reading the report.

Get it sorted out, lol. They are named as one of the causes.

Well done to America in this issue and hope they follow through with heavy sanctions and consumers boycott all products linked with slavery

Don't you think its strange the that US is suddenly taking a stand on this matter, even though its been common knowledge for years? Isn't it possible they are just looking for ways to punish the Thai Military for instigating a Coup and toppling their chosen government in power? The US knows exactly what is going on here despite all the stupid comments and stupid moves they have made. Money and power are again at the enter of the issue. As always. They got stung and they are not happy.

• Like 2

How much do you know about the Spanish Inquisition? The British Empire? French Indochina? The Russian Gulags? etc etc etc. This is a shameful practice and the world is watching. You seem to be having a good time pointing fingers and just HAVE to say something rather than have SOMETHING to say. What does that make you? Wise? If you have a better idea about how to address the problem please do enlighten us.

• Like 2

It all starts with the children understanding what national pride is, but I am glad that the army cares about the perception of how other countries view Thailand

I don't think they did but they do now.

To put it more precisely, "One of the countries that was built on slavery".

England, Portugal, Spain, France & The Netherlands all became rich off the slave trade. Would you happen to be from one of these countries? No need to answer but certainly something to think about. Also, perhaps a little knowledge of world history would have prevented the need to post a smiling face with hands clapping to emphasize your ignorance of man's cruelty to man throughout the world..