Farang vs Motorcyle Taxi guy

I bet he didn't ask how much before he went on the ride.He should have just paid whatever it was and moved on.

He don't set A very good example for the rest of farangs.I wouldn't doubt that if this is the 1 st in counter with A farang

The Thais might think all farangs are like this.

So where's the gang of Thais that we always hear about on thaivisa that jump out of nowhere with crowbars? Outside of the nightlife areas that's not a typical scenario.

And who cares about the 'fighting one on one' crap. If you become aggressive like that guy you deserve all the slaps you get.

• Like 1

We didn't see what happened next . Silly boy . Obviously new to Thailand and he doesn't know that you keep the motor- cy boys on your side especially if they are your neighbourhood boys.

I bet he didn't ask how much before he went on the ride.He should have just paid whatever it was and moved on.

He don't set A very good example for the rest of farangs.I wouldn't doubt that if this is the 1 st in counter with A farang

The Thais might think all farangs are like this.

Sorry, but that's dumb, really dumb. The taxi guy's previous 100 foreign customers were probably relaxed and friendly, and he's thinking, gosh, all foreigners are like this.

• Like 1

Has anyone considered that it just might be the ferang who is in the wrong? Of course not, silly me!

Er..... excuse me if I am wrong, but if I read the posts before you I believe the general consensus of opinion is that.... yes..... the Farang is wrong.....or maybe you are reading it from a different angle.giggle.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, of course sometimes you need to take a stand on principle, but people really need to learn to pick their battles.

This dispute is probably over 100 Baht or less, and this guy is in jeopardy of getting beaten by a group or run over by a car.

How true, doesn´t matter who´s wrong or right. If 50,100 or 150B more or less can solve this problem I´ll always opt. to pay and let it go. There´s nothing to win here.

Finally got it to play on a PC.

I feel the farang was totally an asssswipe and should be deported after 30 days at the BANGKOK JAIL. The taxi man was very cool and remained calm for a long time before reacting.

Video won't play.
Anyone with a new link?

Have a nice day...

Has anyone considered that it just might be the ferang who is in the wrong? Of course not, silly me!

And the <deleted> was the first to attack. I just knew that big guy with the beard was'nt hanging around for a fare. clap2.gif

No idea what this French guy's problem was but he reacted like an idiot. He clearly attacked the "win motosai" or motorcycle taxi guy first and then kept attacking rather than backing off. I don't think any fare dispute is worth attacking a guy over - negotiate the fare at the beginning. If you don't, and many times I haven't (well I am referring more to Cambodia and Vietnam here as I generally drive everywhere in Thailand) you might have to re-negotiate at the end and sometimes you end up having to pay a little more than you wanted but usually not much more. In any case it's not worth fighting over. Pay the money and go away. Vow to never catch a ride with that person again, next time rent a car, whatever, but attacking someone like this guy did is just the stupidest thing you can do.

The Frenchman is a strutting, arrogant prat who thinks that 'I am going to call the police' counts as a threat here. I was longing to bat him with the motorcyclist's helmet after 20 seconds and am surprised he didn't get really done over.