Truevisions, Setanta Sports problem

Chiengmaijoe

I'm trying to watch the rugby, but the signal keeps coming and going with an error message coming on the screen about checking cables. This happens every now and then, but somehow it seems to me that it only ever happens when the rugby is on. The World cup via True has been no problems at all so it seems that it isn't a cable connection problem, but an invalid message. It comes back on by itself, so it seems like a signal problem. As you can imagine, if I call True out, by the time they get here it will be working okay and they'll put it down to me being a daft farang! Are you watching or did you get to watch All Blacks v England uninterrupted via Truevisions?

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

That means there is a signal loss that happens.when it is raining or other problems are occurring with the satellite.

Have you checked the signal strength by selecting menu on the remote and selecting setup then system setup then signal setup (2321) then keep pushing OK until you get page that shows the signal strength and gives a tone. If you do not get a full signal shown the dish needs to be adjusted.

If you need the dish adjusted you would need to contact true unless you are brave enough to do it yourself.

That means there is a signal loss that happens.when it is raining or other problems are occurring with the satellite.

Have you checked the signal strength by selecting menu on the remote and selecting setup then system setup then signal setup (2321) then keep pushing OK until you get page that shows the signal strength and gives a tone. If you do not get a full signal shown the dish needs to be adjusted.

If you need the dish adjusted you would need to contact true unless you are brave enough to do it yourself.

Thanks. Certainly no weather problems at the moment. Sometimes it was off for a few seconds, sometimes a couple of minutes, so not enough time to mess about with menus in the middle of a game. Fortunately it was mostly on for the second half and uninterrupted for the last 20 minutes or so and unfortunately.... England got a rugby lesson from the All Blacks. Now that it's finished I'll check the signal.

not fully related to signals,but i would like to congratulate true for a wonderful and professional,showing of the world cup outstanding. well done true visions.

In no way, shape or firm related to signals, but credit where credit is due. It's not often that True gets some good comments. I tried to see signal strength but came across a menu asking for a 4 digit number. 0000 didn't work. It's playing up again with World Cup replays.ER16 no signal available.

Not seen any of the soccer, not interested, but the Setanta rugby coverage was fine for me. Australia- France, All Blacks -England and later this evening SA -Wales, brilliant stuff!

Thanks, it may be my system, but difficult to figure out when it's intermittent. I've tried this, let's see.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/relocation_0913_update_en.pdf

In no way, shape or firm related to signals, but credit where credit is due. It's not often that True gets some good comments. I tried to see signal strength but came across a menu asking for a 4 digit number. 0000 didn't work. It's playing up again with World Cup replays.ER16 no signal available.

If the zero's don't work, 1234 usually does. Certainly worth a try.

not fully related to signals,but i would like to congratulate true for a wonderful and professional,showing of the world cup outstanding. well done true visions.