Looking for info on Vehicle Auctions in Khon Kaen / Udon ?

pianoman

I have a Freind who is looking for a "Deal" on a decent used Pickup Truck and wants to attend some Vehicle Auctions to get an idea if this might be the right way to shop for what he wants... I have heard that there are monthly Auctions in both Khon Kaen and Udon but can not seem to find any further information..

Any suggestion and/or Information would be greatly appreciated...

Pianoman

I've been to several auctions in different cities in Thailand and they are a complete joke. The reserves are always set too high by the banks that have the loans, there are loads of shills in the audience bidding up the price artificially, and I saw very few real bargains when the hammer struck.

I felt the same when I went to the auctions, lots of shills bidding it up and high reserves. Also the vehicles are in very poor condition.

Yes, lots of absolute trash vehicles. I think the repo banks must place the good ones with favored tent dealers and the rubbish goes to auction.

• Like 1

I've been to several auctions in different cities in Thailand and they are a complete joke. The reserves are always set too high by the banks that have the loans, there are loads of shills in the audience bidding up the price artificially, and I saw very few real bargains when the hammer struck.

Thanks for your insight. It's, sort of exactly as I'd expect here in the Land of Smoke and Mirrors. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know anything about it, but Toyota has a used car outlet, I believe the name is Sure, it might be a good place to look. I would think they would have some sort of quality control and perhaps a warranty.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was at the Siam car auction in Khon Kaen yesterday looking for a reasonable buy.

Car details can be seen online before the auction which starts at 10am and it doesn't take long for 200 or so cars heaps of s#xt to go under the hammer or really should be go to the crusher. Well inflated prices and many attracted no bidders whatsoever. What made me giggle was many had to have a jump start and some were clearly non-runners, even some with flat tyres and they still tried to run them through the auction lane. Mostly traders there looking for heaps that they could repair.

TBH, I had picked several online that I could have been interested in but on inspection they were damaged or had clearly been totally neglected. I bid on one, a Honda Jazz but it went for way beyond my limit (to a private buyer) and I'd already priced similar models up online and at street dealers which worked out far cheaper. IMO, out of the 200 or so motors, maybe only half a dozen were actually worth looking at.

An entertaining way to spend a Saturday morning with a friend while the women went shopping but I won't be going again.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about it, but Toyota has a used car outlet, I believe the name is Sure, it might be a good place to look. I would think they would have some sort of quality control and perhaps a warranty.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Another pretty good and reliable place seems to be Mitusbishi Sisaket. The one on Kantaralak rd.They don't sell you trash. Please be aware that so many Pick ups here are redone after a total crash with new cabins, but still not fixed chassis.

Worth to take any car to a place like Mitsubishi, get that thing checked. Most second hand car dealers turn the clock a few hundred thousand km back.

There're certain ways for example by just removing the camshaft cover and an expert will see how many miles are on.

Had my Mistu completely redone at a garage in Kantharalak, but they didn't fix the chassis, many steering parts were broken and other main issues.

Then the whole stuff had to be done again, but this time by Mitsubishi. Took over a year to get my car back.