No Straight People Allowed!

Scott

The straight people should be allowed in the village as long as they don't try to impose their lifestyle on others. They can at least try not to act straight and I hope they don't have any of those awful straight parades and ruin the ambiance of the community.

Like gays will act straight when they enter a straight community ?

Yes, many do. Some do it very well, like Rock Hudson.

I didn't know this was the history forum.

I'm talking about gays, not gays in a closet.

I don't "act" straight. People wouldn't think I'm gay, and even when going to gay bars (happened in Paris, Milan and Singapore), the bouncer said "this is a gay place".

However, I know people who you could tell are gay from a mile away but when they want (need) to, they will act straight. That is not their natural behaviour, but why do think they do it. You must be straight if you don't understand it, even in the 21st century.

I don't "act" straight. People wouldn't think I'm gay, and even when going to gay bars (happened in Paris, Milan and Singapore), the bouncer said "this is a gay place".

It's not really worth the effort of explaining. There are people out there who really do think that all gay people are camp. They seem unable to understand that being gay isn't the same as being effeminate.

• Like 2

It's not really worth the effort of explaining. There are people out there who really do think that all gay people are camp. They seem unable to understand that being gay isn't the same as being effeminate.

True. We were discussing restaurants the other day, and one of my straight friends referred to an effeminate gay restaurant owner, saying he is a "real" gay. As opposed to me.

I feel so bad shattering people's beliefs and prejudices. Worlds fall apart: Do I really want to be responsible for that?

Edited by onthemoon
  • Like 2

True. We were discussing restaurants the other day, and one of my straight friends referred to an effeminate gay restaurant owner, saying he is a "real" gay. As opposed to me.

I feel so bad shattering people's beliefs and prejudices. Worlds fall apart: Do I really want to be responsible for that?

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

I've worked in San Francisco for 2 years. I still for a corporation that has a corporate office in San Francisco, although I work from home now.

There are many Butch (straight acting) gays in San Francisco.

Really? We'd never have guessed!

An off-topic post has been deleted. The discussion does not need go completely off-rails and you do not need to respond to everyone.

If you have nothing to say about the topic, please refrain from posting. If you wish to talk to another poster, then use the PM function. Forum rules apply to PM's.