Medallion Signature Guarantee

• 1 month later...

Thanks for nothing.

Unfortunately, it may be that nothing is available in Thailand.  When I've looked, I haven't been able to an Thai-based institution that would provide such a guarantee.  The last time I did check, I made the following notes in case it came up again:

A medallion signature guarantee is a special signature guarantee for the transfer of securities used in the United States and Canada. It is a guarantee by the transferring financial institution that the signature is genuine and the financial institution accepts liability for any forgery.

Most institutions will not guarantee a signature of someone who has not already been their customer.

When US citizens are abroad and unable to obtain a medallion signature guarantee stamp, some financial institutions may accept a United States embassy seal in its place.

Yeap, when a certain signature program is specific to a certain country/area like the Medallion Guarantee is specific to the U.S./Canada, probably your only option is an embassy seal/notarization which financial companies "will" accept if their customer can not obtain a certain type of signature guarantee especially when the customer lives in a foreign country.   Yes, yes I know some customer rep from the financial company may say "no can do" without the type of signature guarantee they prefer, but those companies still allow exceptions...but the customer may have to push for that exception.