can witnesses at amphur office be farang or do they have to be thai citizens?

ghworker2010

My Daughter and her friend were the witnesses to our wedding in Bangkok Amphur.

No problem at all.

In fact on Wednesday my Wife (Thai) and myself are to be witnesses for a Danish friend of

ours who is getting married to a Thai Lady in Bangkok.

As with any wittness only a valid ID is required.

Have A Nice Day.

My experience some amphurs (eg Minburi) wont do it as dont know how to handle farang, will just give you the run around. Went to Lak Si, no witnesses, no probs, boss lady just wants money in envelope, we gave 300 baht.

Actually funny thing happened to us there. Farang in line before us and head lady there got into arguement as he tried to bribe her into providing paperwork to take wife's children from previous marriage out of country. Farang got angry, mainly with wife coz she said a bribe would suffice and it didnt turn out that way. Head lady (a real stuck up bitch) gave him all his paperwork back but in the confusion gave our application and envelope as well (she was very disorganised with paperwork scattered all over her desk.) and farang and wife stormed out still arguing. We were called up next the sh..t hit the fan as they couldnt find our documents. They couldnt deny receiving it because it has to be checked by lady on front counter first and she passes it on to boss. This counter lady is the one who informs you that a "donation" to the boss is required. Anyhow boss lady now turns the story around to save face and says that the farang grabbed all the paperwork, it wasnt her fault and basically says all farang are trouble. She is really pissed off now as all the documents have to be done again and she has lost her envelope.

After an hour all is well and we are married and out the door. Five minutes later we get a phone call from a taxi driver who informs my wife that he has our paperwork and an envelope of money left in the back of his taxi. Thought it looked important, found wife's phone number in it and wanted us to know he had left it at front counter of Foreign Affairs Chaeng Wattana where he had just dropped the irrate farang and and his wife! We got all our documents and money back and he refused to accept a reward,

So karma and good honest taxi drivers in Bangkok do exist!

I concur about Bangrak even my husband and I did not get a registered of married there. As some Amphur will require one witness to act as interpreter and I was interpreter for us.

Good luck and congratulation !

As said normally office can supply a witness but most would offer to pay for there lunch in that case. There must be witness signatures on paperwork. Also if foreigner does not understand Thai an interpreter may be asked to prevent any misunderstanding in the writing of paperwork - but they do not have to be officially qualified by any body.

As said normally office can supply a witness but most would offer to pay for there lunch in that case. There must be witness signatures on paperwork. Also if foreigner does not understand Thai an interpreter may be asked to prevent any misunderstanding in the writing of paperwork - but they do not have to be officially qualified by any body.

As I am in Bangkok, I heard about donation or lunch fee (whatever you name it) @Laksi. But other Amphur will required 2 witness as one must perform an interpreter.

I had seen people mentioned Bangrak a lot. If it's not troubled you perhaps you should go there.

But if you prefer any other regards to your convenience, you better give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app