Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

So what I read and here so far there granting the month of December 2013...

Has eany one herd if they have started granting peoples that have applied in January 2014 as we're almost in the 10th month now.!!!

So from what people are saying on here, it's around the 9 month mark.

You lodged early Feb so unless you get lucky, you probably have around

another 6 weeks to go.

Dumb question I know, but have you advised your agent that you partner is in Australia

on a tourist visa?

So what I read and here so far there granting the month of December 2013...

Has eany one herd if they have started granting peoples that have applied in January 2014 as we're almost in the 10th month now.!!!

So from what people are saying on here, it's around the 9 month mark.

You lodged early Feb so unless you get lucky, you probably have around

another 6 weeks to go.

Dumb question I know, but have you advised your agent that you partner is in Australia

on a tourist visa?

Yes agent knows and has advised them that she's back in Thailand from the 1st October .

So if it's around the 9 month mark they should be starting to grant the ones lodged in January !!

Hope to here some soon

Hey guys all is we'll have the gf back here which is nice once it's all said and done it's well worth it!!! Any questions about how I did it etc you can inbox me and I'll answer the best I can!!!

So another topic not sure where to post this, I have a friend in thailand from aus he has had a brain tumour and had it operated on in thailand (covered under his medical insurance) he is married in thailand... His question is will and can he get a disability pension and live in thailand??? Any help or if someone can steer me in the right direction would be very much grateful as he is not capable of reading now and his speech is impaired

Edited by Nav7544

Hey guys all is we'll have the gf back here which is nice once it's all said and done it's well worth it!!! Any questions about how I did it etc you can inbox me and I'll answer the best I can!!!

So another topic not sure where to post this, I have a friend in thailand from aus he has had a brain tumour and had it operated on in thailand (covered under his medical insurance) he is married in thailand... His question is will and can he get a disability pension and live in thailand??? Any help or if someone can steer me in the right direction would be very much grateful as he is not capable of reading now and his speech is impaired

Your friend would have to return to Oz to make a DSP claim. Info for overseas payment once DSP has been granted at:

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/centrelink/disability-support-pension/disability-support-pension-while-travelling-outside-australia#a3

Another one confirmed on the Thai wives Facebook Group.... an astounding record of 7 months 2 weeks... hmmm.

Lodged 11FEB2014

Medical 16 FEB2014

Granted 23SEP 2014

Oz

Thats Awsome"!! So there is hope,can be done under the 9 month mark.?

Another one confirmed on the Thai wives Facebook Group.... an astounding record of 7 months 2 weeks... hmmm.

Lodged 11FEB2014

Medical 16 FEB2014

Granted 23SEP 2014

Oz

Thats Awsome"!! So there is hope,can be done under the 9 month mark.?

I just read up on this one - she's sick and undergoing treatment, timing of the transfer of the treatment to Australia apparently assisted in expediting it - so definitely due to exceptional circumstances.

Though still hoping to see some January applications get approved soon!

There's a cost threshold of future health costs, as long as whatever you have is under the threshold then you can come in. Only TB is on the 'bad' list irrespective of cost, however if discovered you get a chance to have treatment then if you get an OK offshore it's considered OK, they just add a condition you need to get checked out in Australia too.

Along with the disclaimer that the above is just my understanding of what I have read and not advice biggrin.png .

I applied for a partner visa subclass 820/801 (De facto - same sex) last April in Australia and both temporary (820) and permanent (801) visa were granted simultaneously within a month of lodging the application. I had lived with my Aussie partner in Thailand since 2005 before we moved to Australia early this year. - that may be the reason of fast approval.

However, if you applied an application outside Australia, you would be granted a visa subclass 309/100.

Edited by Thaibrisbane

That's what the extra $1,000 dollars or so is for onshore applications then, the Aussie version of 'tea money' smile.png

Oz

Mate, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

The stated time for on-shore applications is actually longer then off-shore ones.

I would, more like presume that the extra money is to cover the higher cost of processing using Aussie staff as opposed to Thai Staff.

But heck ... I'm just guessing ... facepalm.gif

I applied for a partner visa subclass 820/801 (De facto - same sex) last April in Australia and both temporary (820) and permanent (801) visa were granted simultaneously within a month of lodging the application. I had lived with my Aussie partner in Thailand since 2005 before we moved to Australia early this year. - that may be the reason of fast approval.

However, if you applied an application outside Australia, you would be granted a visa subclass 309/100.

May I ask what Visa your Partner was issued which allowed the initial travel to Australia on before he/she applied for the Partner Visa?

What conditions were attached, if any, to that initial visa to travel to Australia?

Thanks

Edited by David48

May I ask what Visa your Partner was issued which allowed the initial travel to Australia on before he/she applied for the Partner Visa?

What conditions were attached, if any, to that initial visa to travel to Australia?

Thanks

Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574)
Condition - 8105 Work limitation
Condition - 8202 Enrolled in a registered course (unless they are a secondary exchange student who holds a subclass 571 (Schools sector) visa, in which case they must be enrolled in a full-time course of study or training);
Condition - 8501 Maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance during their stay in Australia.
Condition - 8517 The visa holder must maintain adequate schooling arrangements for their school-age dependants who join them in Australia on a student dependant visa for more than 3 months.
Condition - 8532
If the visa holder:
1) has not turned 18; AND
2) is not an AusAID student or a Defence student; AND
3) is not staying in Australia with:
a) a parent;
b )a person who has custody of them; or
c) a relative who has been nominated by their parent or a person who has custody of them, is aged at least 21 and is of good character;
they must maintain accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements that have been approved by their education provider.
Where accommodation, support and general welfare is being provided by the education provider, the holder must not enter Australia before the welfare arrangements are due to commence.
Note: The visa holder must not change those arrangements without the written approval of their education provider.
Condition - 8533
The visa holder must notify their education provider of their residential address in Australia within 7 days of arriving in Australia.
The visa holder must notify their education provider of any change in their residential address within 7 days of the change.
The visa holder must notify their current education provider of a change of education provider within 7 days of receiving the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment certificate or evidence of enrolment from their new education provider.
  • Like 1

^^ Mate, thanks for coming back with such detail.

You and your partner do seem to be in a class of your own (meant in a nice way).

Congrats on a quick turn-a-round ... most of us are jealous as heck!

Actually, I'm an ex-Brissie Boy, growing up in the inner North West ... think Bardon, Ashgrove area.

I think my application was quickly approved because it was based on the fact that I and my partner have been in the relationship for nearly 10 years. Moreover, I could provide clearly evidences of a genius relationship such as signing house contact in BKK together (since 2005), sharing bills - I paid the internet, water/ he paid electricity and telephone etc. at the same address, buying a car together, joining bank account, transferring money each other and also getting 4 Australian friends/my partner brothers to sign Form888 to confirm our relationship (The requirement is only 2)

Also, I provided health examinations and police clearance before submitting my application. - Something called "Decision ready application" (I read in many forums and they did not recommend if you were not confident on your documents because the process may take up more than 12 months and you may have to provide heath and police checks again)

I guess that may be the main reason. I don't think it is about application fee.

Sorry, I may make lots of mistakes in English as it's my second language.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's what the extra $1,000 dollars or so is for onshore applications then, the Aussie version of 'tea money'

Oz

Mate, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

The stated time for on-shore applications is actually longer then off-shore ones.

I would, more like presume that the extra money is to cover the higher cost of processing using Aussie staff as opposed to Thai Staff.

It was meant as nothing more than a tongue in cheek comment Dave48, thus the smiley face. I do however think, in retrospect, I should have gone that route and had the family settled ahead of the game rather than the other way around. I'm sure Mrs. Samurai could have got a 12month tourist easily enough. For the extra grand or so, I think it may well have been worth it...again hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Oz

Does anyone know how my partner obtains an international driving permit for Aus?

Check over in the Motoring Forum ... question has been asked before. Off-hand, I don't know the answer though.

Checked the pinned topics at the top of that page.

Also, on a Thai Drivers Licence, most Australian States allow 3 months driving on a valid Thai License before insisting on more.

Does anyone know how my partner obtains an international driving permit for Aus?

Check over in the Motoring Forum ... question has been asked before. Off-hand, I don't know the answer though.

Checked the pinned topics at the top of that page.

Also, on a Thai Drivers Licence, most Australian States allow 3 months driving on a valid Thai License before insisting on more.

Yeahh but qld doesnt i read!