Page Loads Not Completing

JetsetBkk

I had a similiar problem

Here ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/730619-computer-problem-soloution/

That 'Loading Goggle content' seems to make my page load hang.

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with IMHO:

If thiss thread was a job application for a sysad position, so far only one applicant got past the first gatekeeper tongue.png

biggrin.png

I tried restarting Firefox (I am also on XP SP3) without any luck.

But, as the footy is on, I decided to restart the PC, and the bloomin' problem has disappeared! ohmy.png

I can't believe it! I was sure it was an Internet problem. Of course, it has just gone midnight, so maybe it was an Internet problem - International speeds tend to pick up dramatically after midnight.

If the problem starts up again, I'll see if rebooting fixes it.

The first thing I would try is to press ctrl+F5. This will force a hard refresh which means the computer won't look to its cache for the page, but will override that and go through DNS for a complete fresh page from the server. If you have a corrupt page in your cache, you might just keep getting that if you simply click the refresh icon, or press F5, or close the browser and reopen, or even reboot your computer.

Just a thought...

Good luck.

Set your DNS to Google public DNS 8.8.8.8 and you will have less problems. Especially if you are accessing from within Thailand.

Do not use the DNS provided by your ISP.

Already is, george. wink.png

Edit:

I think it was just a 3BB or Internet screw-up yesterday. Or maybe my ISP was throttling me Internationally because I'd downloaded lots of files earlier in the day. As soon as midnight arrives, it's a new day and the throttling stops.

Edited by JetsetBkk