Chula academic calls for enforcement of Thai traffic laws

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy has been reading ThaiVisa Forum recently. Good.

What would Thailand do with out THAIVISA?

Why do some people have an over inflated opinion of how this forum influences Thai society!

• Like 2

"He proposed that it should become mandatory for drivers to stop and let pedestrians go when they cross the roads using zebra crossings."

Chula's political scientist (whatever one of those is in Thailand, as there ain't much science applied to Thai politics currently)?

Most Thais think a zebra crossing is a few lines in the road which were once markers for speed humps, but have since been flattened by heavily laden lorries and 40' high Isuzus carrying cardboard.

Glad to see he's on the ball though, for what the function of a zebra crossing is. Must have taken him 4 years of a PhD to get P<0,05 in that cars are supposed to stop.

• Like 1

yes, have to agrree, make people not only able to answer the driving questions correctly but then make them all have to adhere to them as well, somehow I doubt it will happen. With all the excuses not to have to do so it is impossible, my truck is bigger, newer than yours, I am rich, my number plates are better, I want to go that direction not the one the lane goes, I am in a hurry, I dont use mirrors other than to look at my complexion, you should have read my mind because I dont indicate, I flashed my headlights so I can use your side of the road, I was on the phone, I am more important than you, I dont know how to stop, I needed to double park because I wanted to buy something without having to walk more than 10', didnt want to turn on my lights because of the ghosts/it uses more power/petrol and the best one, I can do whatever I want because I am thai.

Mate,you have hit the nail on the head,laziness,ignorance and a total disregard for others,the three things most Thai drivers have in common.

• Like 2

Enforce trafic laws? What traffic laws?

Traffic laws do actually exist in Thailand, believe it or not. They are on a par with British laws and standards.

However, it is much easier not to employ or enforce such and, as a result, dectuple your monthly income if you wear a brown uniform. wink.png

Edit: My apologies: 'centuple'... giggle.gif

Edited by UbonRatch

The clamp down on traffic laws needs to be right across Thailand , not just BKK , that's if you are going to have bipartisan laws, lets aim for less B/S and more action , quiet honestly Thai's couldn't sustain any co-ordinated action for more than a week, then it all go's into melt down , the systematic of administration failure in leadership at all levels in Thailand beggars belief.bah.gif

• Like 2

The only time a car would stop is if they actually saw a zebra crossing the road

That's making an assumption that they are actually paying attention to the road and not the destination.

And not too annihilated on white whisky to react in time.

I would seriously consider executing all the current traffic police officers. Their incompetence and laziness has costs Thailand tens of thousands of lives every year. They might deserve the death penalt.

I would seriously consider executing all the current traffic police officers. Their incompetence and laziness has costs Thailand tens of thousands of lives every year. They might deserve the death penalt.

Ah! Good afternoon.

• Like 1

As my nickname says, I travel a lot.

Have been to almost 100 countries.

By far, is Thailand the worst offender in this regards.

Never any other place (maybe some city here and there), is the total disregard for the traffic regulations so universal, as it is in Thailand.

Never been to Vietnam then ?

73 times.

Since you seem to know about Vietnam.

You remember when they decided to implement the "rice cooker" law?

The very next week, 99,9% of the population followed the rule.

Edited by Travel2003

Never any other place (maybe some city here and there), is the total disregard for the traffic regulations so universal, as it is in Thailand.

I would suggest that you have never been to India then. Indian drivers make Thai's look like First World driving instructors

I would suggest that you have never been to India then. Indian drivers make Thai's look like First World driving instructors

50+ times.

Good to see that the usual set of racist asshats with nothing in their lives are here to comment on their perceived lack of intelligence among our host country people. Some of you should just <deleted> off and be miserable somewhere else.

Not perceived at all, it was actually proven various studies that the Thai IQ is lower than most of their Western counterparts

http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/

• Like 1

50+ times.

And you still believe that Thai's are the worst ? Maybe you should open your eyes next time you visit somewhere

• Like 2