Visa Report: Non-Immigrant O (Family) Visa, Savannakhet

i had my non-O visa based on marriage in savannakhet last year and now i have to go back there again. I read the posts and saw that nobody is mentioning the Kor Ror 2 anymore.

So, no need of copy of Kor Ror 2?

I can’t get the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet website to work. Can anyone confirm if they are open on July 8, 9, 10, 11? (I know 11th is Asalha Bucha, just wanted to confirm).

Also, can anyone confirm if the following travel plan makes sense time-wise?:

Day 1:

Air Asia – DMK to Nakhon Phanom (15:10-16:20)

Van/bus - Nakhon Phanom to Mukdahan

Stay one night in Mukdahan

Day 2:

Cross border, Submit visa application, Stay one night in Savannaket

Day 3:

Pick up visa

Van/bus Mukdahan to Ubon

Air Asia – Ubon to DMK (19:25-20:30)

***Will I have enough time to get from Mukdahan to my 19:25 flight in Ubon after I pick up my visa?

Thanks a lot.

They will only be closed on the 11th of July.

You could make it to Savannakhet on day one. The bridge does not close until 10. That would eliminate the early morning dash across the bridge on day 2.

You will have plenty of time to make you flight to Ubon by van or bus. You will arrive at the main bus station and can get a meter taxi to take you to the airport. About 70 or 80 baht.

I landed in Nakhon Phanom about 4:30pm, got the Air Asia van about 4:45 no problem, got to the Savannakhet border crossing about 6:15...

...and they told me farang cannot get visa after 6pm and that I have to come back in the morning.

I am now sitting in a 350Baht hotel room in Mukdahan.

So FYI.

I can’t get the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet website to work. Can anyone confirm if they are open on July 8, 9, 10, 11? (I know 11th is Asalha Bucha, just wanted to confirm).

Also, can anyone confirm if the following travel plan makes sense time-wise?:

Day 1:

Air Asia – DMK to Nakhon Phanom (15:10-16:20)

Van/bus - Nakhon Phanom to Mukdahan

Stay one night in Mukdahan

Day 2:

Cross border, Submit visa application, Stay one night in Savannaket

Day 3:

Pick up visa

Van/bus Mukdahan to Ubon

Air Asia – Ubon to DMK (19:25-20:30)

***Will I have enough time to get from Mukdahan to my 19:25 flight in Ubon after I pick up my visa?

Thanks a lot.

They will only be closed on the 11th of July.

You could make it to Savannakhet on day one. The bridge does not close until 10. That would eliminate the early morning dash across the bridge on day 2.

You will have plenty of time to make you flight to Ubon by van or bus. You will arrive at the main bus station and can get a meter taxi to take you to the airport. About 70 or 80 baht.

I landed in Nakhon Phanom about 4:30pm, got the Air Asia van about 4:45 no problem, got to the Savannakhet border crossing about 6:15...

...and they told me farang cannot get visa after 6pm and that I have to come back in the morning.

I am now sitting in a 350Baht hotel room in Mukdahan.

So FYI.

ubon joe can you confirm that laos visas are not issued after 6pm to westerners .... it sounds like a inconvenient scam... Will I have to adjust my itinerary? I was hoping to just pop over the border and spend an extra night in laos ... or do I need to find accommodation in Mukdahan?

S.J.C

• 5 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I did return today from Savannakhet. Did get a Non-Imm-O (Marriage) multi 1 year without any questions, easy and relaxed at all.

Didn't leave Thailand since 3 years, did make extensions in the past.

I did arrive 26.06 little bit late at 10:10 am at Savannakhet Consulate, no other customer only me showed up because of the late time. The consulate stuff checked my documents within 3 minutes, I was asked to pay 5,000 THB and they told me to come back the same day at 03:30 pm which was a surprise because I expected next day. I did receive my passport and visa at 03:30 pm and everything is fine.

AirAsia and the bus service from Nakon Phanom to Mukdahan worked fine.

Thanks to all for the info supported in this forum.

Thanks for this update, I go there next week on the 12th of August witch is the Queen of Thailand birthday so the Thai Embassy will be closed, hope I can apply next day and get my visa the same day so I only need to sleep there one night.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I did return today from Savannakhet. Did get a Non-Imm-O (Marriage) multi 1 year without any questions, easy and relaxed at all.

Didn't leave Thailand since 3 years, did make extensions in the past.

I did arrive 26.06 little bit late at 10:10 am at Savannakhet Consulate, no other customer only me showed up because of the late time. The consulate stuff checked my documents within 3 minutes, I was asked to pay 5,000 THB and they told me to come back the same day at 03:30 pm which was a surprise because I expected next day. I did receive my passport and visa at 03:30 pm and everything is fine.

AirAsia and the bus service from Nakon Phanom to Mukdahan worked fine.

Thanks to all for the info supported in this forum.

Thanks for this update, I go there next week on the 12th of August witch is the Queen of Thailand birthday so the Thai Embassy will be closed, hope I can apply next day and get my visa the same day so I only need to sleep there one night.

I read on another forum that a guy had been last month and the consulate were offering pick up for visas at 3-30pm for applications submitted on the same morning believe it was on &lt;URL Automatically Removed&gt;,a same day service, cant find any further confirmation of this on the net, also would presume they will be closed on the Monday 11th August as well as the 12 th in line with Thailand and are yet to move to the new building?

Edited by sapson

They are doing them the same day that you apply. You have to be at consulate before 11 am to make the application. And then pick it up a 3:30 pm.

This has been discussed on another Savannakhet topic.

Thanks Joe, couldn't see the topic on tvisa, did look, since you are well informed maybe you know...............the consulate I presume will shut on Monday 11th the recently confirmed Thai holiday, of course the 12th closed, however I believe that the 13th is also a Laos public holiday so I guess the consulate will be closed then as well.....................so for myself and others needing to go next week it seems its not possible until Thursday the 14th.However cant confirm this from the consulate website.

Edited by sapson

They are doing them the same day that you apply. You have to be at consulate before 11 am to make the application. And then pick it up a 3:30 pm.

This has been discussed on another Savannakhet topic.

Thanks Joe, couldn't see the topic on tvisa, did look, since you are well informed maybe you know...............the consulate I presume will shut on Monday 11th the recently confirmed Thai holiday, of course the 12th closed, however I believe that the 13th is also a Laos public holiday so I guess the consulate will be closed then as well.....................so for myself and others needing to go next week it seems its not possible until Thursday the 14th.However cant confirm this from the consulate website.

Just found another thread dated 27/6 where a member has contacted the consulate who have confirmed opening on the 11th and 13th so IF? this info remains current along with the new same day service that's a great help!!!

The 11th was only added as holiday a month or so ago. Their calender only shows the 12th as a holiday.

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate/officehours/?PAGEN_1=2

Yes I saw the website also .............just have a feeling going tomorrow to submit Monday for a one day turn around, I may find the place deserted as they are taking the Monday holiday afterall even though the member had contacted them a only a couple of weeks ago confirming they would be open.

Should have called myself before the weekend..................tried phoning today hoping for a recorded message with their next opening day but no luck on that one.

Adopted the Thai style...................lack of forward planning!

• 4 months later...

Hi ubonjoe I have to travel to Savannaket this april have marriage certificate and copies I live with my wife in rented house

You did mention my wife should take her documents what would these be for rented accommodation we have the rental

Agreement from landlord and that is all thanks in anticipation ug

Hi ubonjoe I have to travel to Savannaket this april have marriage certificate and copies I live with my wife in rented house

You did mention my wife should take her documents what would these be for rented accommodation we have the rental

Agreement from landlord and that is all thanks in anticipation ug

You need a copy of her house book (tambien ban) registry. Every Thai is listed in one. It could be in one of her parents or another family members or even an acquaintances house book.

You will also need a signed and dated copy of her ID card.

You do not need proof of residence for where you are living.