• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah

Look at this tweet by Darren Lehmann.

I'd say a bit of bad blood about Pietersen's criticism of Cricket Australia's

selection and fixturing processes.

Also think there was some history a while ago when Ashes lost the Ashes.

I think KP has been great value for the Stars.

Even though he can rub people up the wrong way.

Darren Lehmann@darren_lehmann 50m50 minutes ago

More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

@KP24 @tensporttv @BBL time for stars to move KP on ,spent to much money on him and didn't win. Don't want to listen to his excuses anymore.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Woah

Look at this tweet by Darren Lehmann.

I'd say a bit of bad blood about Pietersen's criticism of Cricket Australia's

selection and fixturing processes.

Also think there was some history a while ago when Ashes lost the Ashes.

I think KP has been great value for the Stars.

Even though he can rub people up the wrong way.

Darren Lehmann@darren_lehmann 50m50 minutes ago

More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

@KP24 @tensporttv @BBL time for stars to move KP on ,spent to much money on him and didn't win. Don't want to listen to his excuses anymore.

Does Boof drink at nights ???

Seems like he going out of his way to publicly air his grievances recently...I think KP makes it three players/ex players in the last month???

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

The clock was turned back tonight. Mitchell Johnson 3 for 3 off 4 overs. First and 4th ball wickets in his first over. Great bowling.

Final will be played in Perth after the Scorchers big win. 

It was the 3rd best international T20 bowling figures of all time

MOST ECONOMICAL T20 BOWLING FIGURES OVER FOUR OVERS

4-2 Chanaka Welegedara
2-2 Chris Morris
3-3 Mitchell Johnson
1-3 Shoaib Malik
0-3 Sunil Narine
2-3 Zulfiqar Babar

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/big-bash/mitchell-johnson-on-fire-as-scorchers-skittle-stars-in-big-bash-league-semifinal-20170124-gty1mk.html

14 minutes ago, BookMan said:

It was the 3rd best international T20 bowling figures of all time

MOST ECONOMICAL T20 BOWLING FIGURES OVER FOUR OVERS

4-2 Chanaka Welegedara
2-2 Chris Morris
3-3 Mitchell Johnson
1-3 Shoaib Malik
0-3 Sunil Narine
2-3 Zulfiqar Babar

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/big-bash/mitchell-johnson-on-fire-as-scorchers-skittle-stars-in-big-bash-league-semifinal-20170124-gty1mk.html

Lasith Malinga also took 6 for 7 from 4 for the Melbourne Stars against Perth in 2012:shock1:

24 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Does Boof drink at nights ???

Seems like he going out of his way to publicly air his grievances recently...I think KP makes it three players/ex players in the last month???

You can expect a reply from KP as he's not one to ignore stuff like that.

For the record, KP hit 62 from 36 balls in their semi-final win against the Scorchers last

year and hit 74 from 39 in the final against the Thunder.

I reckon he would be in the first 4 or 5 picked from the comp if you were choosing a batsman.

Edited by Will27

If I was KP, I'd be on the phone to his manager asking why he isn't the highest paid.

Melbourne Stars boss Eddie McGuire hits back at Darren Lehmann’s bizarre Kevin Pietersen comments

McGuire, never shy to speak his mind, hit back at the Australian coach when speaking on Triple M radio on Wednesday morning.

“KP is not the highest paid player at the Stars for a start, he has delivered is spades,” McGuire said.

“The last three Big Bash Leagues, KP is second only to Chris Lynn for runs scored. He has brought in that many people.

“The last two years which team has had the biggest crowds in the history of the Twenty20 Big Bash? He is a crowd favourite.”

Lehmann’s tweet came after Pietersen was dismissed for just five runs as the Stars were bundled out. The Melbourne import is yet to respond.

But Lehmann’s attack seems bizarre when considering Pietersen has been the Stars’ high run scorer over the past three seasons. This season he scored 268 runs at an average of 38.28 and again led the side to finals.

I think it's more to do with KP whinging about players being taken out for Aussie duty.

I would say also that that spray KP gave Mark Waugh about still being a selector didn't do him any favours.

IMO Cricket Australia really needs to have a good look at their fixturing.Fans want to see the best players on display all the time,resting players is a farce as they get paid the big bucks to play. 

Final of Big Bash will be Scorchers V Sixers. 

Sixers were coasting but ended up with a super over. The Sixers won their first super over since the BB started. 

Well done sixers. I hope they can win but I think the Scorchers will be too good in Perth.

4 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Final of Big Bash will be Scorchers V Sixers. 

Sixers were coasting but ended up with a super over. The Sixers won their first super over since the BB started. 

Well done sixers. I hope they can win but I think the Scorchers will be too good in Perth.

Another great game.

Gee Botha got a bad decision in the last over.

I reckon next year each team should have 1 review.

Shaun Marsh being out is a big blow for the Scorchers.

Five GF's in 6 years for the Scorchers and 2 cups.

Justin Langer has a done a great job I reckon.

Well done to the Sixers,thought Heat might have gone with a spinner in the super over keeping the wicky up at the stumps to apply pressure but was not to be.

Far from unhappy,great game and i think the Scorchers will match up better against the Sixers.

Bring on Saturday.:smile:

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I thought the time would've been right to make Warner stand-in captain.

Wade to captain Australia, Smith injured

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1079693.html

Oops,

I forgot Warner is not available so I guess Wade is the logical choice.

I still don't think he should be in the side though.

• 2 weeks later...

Alastair Cook: England captain resigns after a record 59 Tests

Of the six men to lead England in more than 40 Tests, Alastair Cook has only the fourth best win percentage; behind, in descending order, Vaughn, May and Strauss.

Not always sound on tactical decisions, and he did suffer a loss of form and there was that Ashes whitewash in 2013/14 and the dismal, after the first test, performance in the recent tour of India.

Did win two ashes series, though and also led England to some historic victories; securing England's first series victory in India for 27 years in 2012 and beating the then number one side, South Africa, 2-1 in South Africa in 2015,

His reign had it's ups and downs; but overall I'd say he was a success.

So who will replace him?

Root is the favourite; but how will the responsibilities of captaincy effect his batting?

Stokes? Remember the effect the captaincy can have on a charismatic all rounder; Botham and Flintoff being prime examples.

Broad? Well respected, senior member of the squad and has captained England in T20s; but coming to the end of his career.

Buttler? Again, well respected and has international captaincy experience in the limited overs game. Although recalled to the Test side as a batsman in India; his inability to retain a consistent place could count against him.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Alastair Cook: England captain resigns after a record 59 Tests

Of the six men to lead England in more than 40 Tests, Alastair Cook has only the fourth best win percentage; behind, in descending order, Vaughn, May and Strauss.

Not always sound on tactical decisions, and he did suffer a loss of form and there was that Ashes whitewash in 2013/14 and the dismal, after the first test, performance in the recent tour of India.

Did win two ashes series, though and also led England to some historic victories; securing England's first series victory in India for 27 years in 2012 and beating the then number one side, South Africa, 2-1 in South Africa in 2015,

His reign had it's ups and downs; but overall I'd say he was a success.

So who will replace him?

Root is the favourite; but how will the responsibilities of captaincy effect his batting?

Stokes? Remember the effect the captaincy can have on a charismatic all rounder; Botham and Flintoff being prime examples.

Broad? Well respected, senior member of the squad and has captained England in T20s; but coming to the end of his career.

Buttler? Again, well respected and has international captaincy experience in the limited overs game. Although recalled to the Test side as a batsman in India; his inability to retain a consistent place could count against him.

Root is the obvious choice for me.

As expected, Joe Root has got the job of England captain: Joe Root: England name batsman Test captain, succeeding Alastair Cook

But there are reservations: Joe Root: Is England Test captain the right Alastair Cook replacement?

"Root is the outstanding candidate, but you wouldn't want it to be a case of making your best player captain, only for it to backfire on you later," said former England off-spinner Graeme Swann.

"I'm still not convinced Root is the right man for the job. I want him to concentrate on being the best player we have ever had, rather than having his talent curbed by the pressures of captaincy.

"He has tried to be more sensible later, but part of his cheeky chappy persona makes him the player he is, and I don't want to see that taken away."

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Let's see of the aussies can finish off india today.

I'm a terrible judge:smile:sat there cursing Smiths decision to play and bowl O'keeffe.

Then he produces a masterclass spell to turn the game on its head. 

I reckon Mitch Marsh is playing for his spot.

They didn't bowl him so he's basically playing as  bat and IMO he isn't good enough

to hold down number 6.

I hope he just plays his shots like in the BB. A quick 50 would just about put the game

out of India's reach. If he's going to go down, go down swinging.

Shaun Marsh's spot is also in jeopardy as well.

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Let's see of the aussies can finish off india today.

I'm a terrible judge:smile:sat there cursing Smiths decision to play and bowl O'keeffe.

Then he produces a masterclass spell to turn the game on its head. 

Great call FJ. Who would believe that India at home would be dismissed or 105 and 107?  Interesting story on the ABC.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-25/australias-brilliant-first-test-win-over-india-in-numbers/8303920

• 2 weeks later...