Thailand's corruption index improves markedly for the first half of the year

webfact

Thailand's corruption index improves markedly for the first half of the year

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s corruption index for the first six months of this year registered a marked improvement for the first time in five years scoring 46 out of a total of 100, said Mr Thanawat Polvichai, vice rector of research and director of economic and business forecast centre of University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, on Thursday.

In the last survey conducted in December last year, corruption index was registered at 39 out of a total score of 100, he said, adding that the improvement was a special case because the survey was conducted during the period when the National Council for Peace and Order launched a cleanup campaign to get rid of corruption and all unlawful activities such as illegal parking by mini vans and increased examination of corrupt practices. These, he said, have boosted the feel-good public sentiments.

Mr Thanawat disclosed that the survey showed that the rate of under-the-table payment to officials and politicians by the private sector to secure procurement or development projects had declined to 15-25 percent of the project costs from an average of 25-35 percent.

If the corruption index can be retained at above 40 until the end of the year, Thailand’s Corruption Perception Index would be improved.

Meanwhile, Mrs Saowanee Thairungroj, the university rector, said 54 percent of the 2,400 survey samplings admitted that corruption problem has become more serious mainly due to the law which empowers authorities concerned to use their discretion which is conducive to corruption.

The survey showed 20.8 percent of the corruption was in the form of bribes and rewards; 13.8 percent in the form of financial benefits paid in return for benefits.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailands-corruption-index-improves-markedly-first-half-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-27

This is a survey on Thai corruption conducted by Thais at a time when everything being reported has to be positive ?

Accuracy guaranteed then ?

Who in their right mind when canvassed about corruption, either in verbal or written form, and even with a ' guarantee ' of anonymity would answer truthfully ?

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Wow. You can measure corruptions? How do they conduct the survey? Who do they do the survey with? The officials who took the bribes are stupid enough to disclose the truth? How do they know how many corruptions there are? Amazing Thailand. It amazes me what they can do there. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ok. Educate yourself I would say. Start here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709899-thailands-corruption-perception-index-cpi-worsens/
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow. You can measure corruptions? How do they conduct the survey? Who do they do the survey with? The officials who took the bribes are stupid enough to disclose the truth? How do they know how many corruptions there are? Amazing Thailand. It amazes me what they can do there. cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Ok. Educate yourself I would say. Start here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709899-thailands-corruption-perception-index-cpi-worsens/

That's a very enlightening article. (hahaha) I learn so much from it. When I see the word 'perception', I cannot help myself, but smile. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by stickyrice2000

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow. You can measure corruptions? How do they conduct the survey? Who do they do the survey with? The officials who took the bribes are stupid enough to disclose the truth? How do they know how many corruptions there are? Amazing Thailand. It amazes me what they can do there. cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

That's a very enlightening article. (hahaha) I learn so much from it. When I see the word 'perception', I cannot help myself, but smile. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Maybe you are right and maybe there really no corruption in Thailand. All perception.

dont worry we will soon see it rise again (means lower on the tableblink.png ) when a government takes over

Nothing happened the army is lying they only scared the tourist away

Check there accounts those are improving only

This is a survey on Thai corruption conducted by Thais at a time when everything being reported has to be positive ?

Accuracy guaranteed then ?

15-25% loss to corruption is good news?

I guess so, when it was up to 30-40%!

• Like 1

dont worry we will soon see it rise again (means lower on the tableblink.png ) when a government takes over

:cheesy: Great! The most predictable answer and right off the bat at the top of the page. Y'all bashers are as predictable as Pavlov's Dog. Ohhh, such wit! :whistling: Truth is that it is unlikely that you know squat about corruption here except for major media exposés and traffic violator bribes.

Maybe you are right and maybe there really no corruption in Thailand. All perception.

As my friend fabs always likes to say, if there's no tangible evidence then it might not be true. rolleyes.gif

BTW a friend of mine has a nice property in Nong Khai I think,. It includes a beach front, at least to all with the right perception. Interested?

As my friend fabs always likes to say, if there's no tangible evidence then it might not be true. rolleyes.gif

BTW a friend of mine has a nice property in Nong Khai I think,. It includes a beach front, at least to all with the right perception. Interested?

Ever wonder why it's not called the Tangible Corruption Index, rubl? There is a reason for that.

Ever wonder why it's not called the Tangible Corruption Index, rubl? There is a reason for that.

You mean to say our friend Eric was just talking nonsense, or at least simply stating the obvious as in "it might or it might not be depending on one's perception'?

Mind you, none of you had anything to say on whether or not Thailand knows corruption. Coming from the both of you that might mean there is no corruption in Thailand, or maybe there is, depending on ones perception (only).

Next we'll invite people reading here to sign the petition to the right organisations to state that corruption in Thailand is just a matter of perception and as such only valid to those who look at the wrong things whistling.gif