Pest Control / Wasp's Nest

moo9

Hi,

anyone can recommend a pest control company in the Maprachan area to remove a wasp's net?

Thanks for your help!

You could try contacting:

Rentokil (Thailand) Ltd

47/35-36, Moo 9, Sukhumvit Road Central Pattaya Road

Tel : 038 422 686-7, 038 429 795

Fax : 038 426 016

:o

I had a wasp's nest in the garden, I asked about getting it removed, the Thai people I asked thought I was Baa! - Crazy, it is considered very lucky to have a nest! To remove it - insanity!

Work that one out?

When the nest is small then buying an insecticidal powder in a puffer pack and dusting down the nest will do the trick, but as the size of the nest increases it also becomes busier. Wasps have flight paths to and from the nest and if you stand in the wrong place you will get dive bombed and stung. Wasps also have guards who are able to marshall their forces and attack you. If for example you are stood outside a nest and you swat one the wasp will give off a pheromone (scent) which will penetrate the nest giving off alarm signals to the other wasps to attack you.

To treat a mature nest takes expertise, it is a risky business especially if it is situated inside the house under the eaves or in an awkward spot in the garden.

I remember a few years ago having a wasp nest in the loft area of my house. I opened the trap door and made my way towards the nest and suddenly there was a whirring sound and what looked like a dark mass as though hundreds of the blighters were coming towards me........Let me tell you if there was a world record for a person to escape from a loft then that day I think I must have broken it!

The professionals these days have very long hollow poles through which they can fire insecticidal powder and rapid knock down liquids into the nest which are not normally available to joe public.

My advice would be to get a professional in. :o

Best method is to approach nest with flamming newspaper.

As the wasps fly out, their wings are burnt off and they fall to the ground.

The nest can then be wrapped in a plastic bag and disposed of.

For a huge nest, stuff a cardboard box with scrunched up newspaper and put it on the end of a long branch or pole, set fire to that and you have a weapon of mass destruction.

Its a lot of fun too.

For a huge nest, stuff a cardboard box with scrunched up newspaper and put it on the end of a long branch or pole, set fire to that and you have a weapon of mass destruction.

Its a lot of fun too.

Lol...thanks for all the tips...sounds like I have to have a few Singhas before I will do that :o

Never do it in daylight. Wait until dark, cover the nest best you can with a plastic bag, tape up the open end if you can, poke a small hole at the other end and spray, repeat a few times over 24 hours.

Its a lot of fun too.

Let`s hope that the nest isn`t inside the house......cos that wouldn`t be so funny :o