What plants from other country's can grow in Thailand ?

Just don't do it ! Look at all the beautiful plants and flowers that abound here and then remember the Astralians and the cane toad,that was an import, and then remember Japanese knot weed in England brought in by some clown who thought it had a very nice flower which in some ways is ok, BUT now for the first time since Queen Elizabeth the first had all the trees in England cut down to build war ships we have a new jungle and yes it is a jungle one that regularly breaks through 6 inches of solid concrete and will come the surface from more than a metre down in the ground. So just DO NOT do it.

Basil for your mozzarella, easy to grow. Zucchini, no problem. I would like to try peaches and apricots, these I am missing here.

Radishes.

Apricots, peaches and radishes grow well in Northern Chiang Mai.

When season, you get apricots for 20 baht / kilo.

Also you get Avocado for 20 baht / kilo when season.

Last year a planted Apricot, Peaches, Avocados, Pears, Apples, Cherry at my house in Chaing Dao.

Radishes I get at the neighboring Yunnan Chinese village, Thai don't use it.

• Like 2

OP. Weeds grow extremely well. Take it from first hand experience. Most of my gardening time is spent pulling & poisoning bloody weeds. They do soooo much better than any vegetables or flowers.

Cheers..... Mal.

Pests come in on live plants, not seeds. That's where the danger lies. Seeds do carry fungus sometimes but if the seeds don't germinate the fungus dies. Fungus can't live if the host dies. One needs the other but each other. Also seeds are treated chemically to give better results so the chances of bring in foreign species are near zero. Since I have a brown thumb anyway, no chance anything I plant will survive.

Hey brown thumbs, that's not correct at all. I send and recieve seeds from all over the world to Australia. Insects are often found . Sometimes endemic so no problems. Sometimes unknown or a noxious pest. And therefore destroyed at my expense.

To import seeds you need a Phyto sanitary certificate from the country sending the seeds. This report has to show the species and in some cases fumigation proof. In chiang mai near the immigration dept at the airport there is a plant export department. It's these guys that will give you the right info on what you can bring in and what you require to legally bring it here.

You can get into big trouble trying to bring it in undeclared.

At swampy at the red and green exit points there is a sign saying you need a phyto.

• Like 1

Basil for your mozzarella, easy to grow. Zucchini, no problem. I would like to try peaches and apricots, these I am missing here.

Radishes.

Apricots, peaches and radishes grow well in Northern Chiang Mai.

When season, you get apricots for 20 baht / kilo.

Also you get Avocado for 20 baht / kilo when season.

Last year a planted Apricot, Peaches, Avocados, Pears, Apples, Cherry at my house in Chaing Dao.

Radishes I get at the neighboring Yunnan Chinese village, Thai don't use it.

I'd really like to have some of those. could you help me with that? I live in Chiang mai city, would they do well here?

Edited by Rimbuman

• 2 weeks later...