Non Immigrant B extension married to a Thai Wife

Couple questions guys,I got my Non Immigrant B visa based on been married to a Thai lady,Got 3 months which runs out on August 22nd,.So I am going to apply for a extension one year stayI have the 400,000 baht in bank been there nearly 4 months,I have the photos(Im guessing they have to be different than the first lot we gave them??)Also how detailed does the map of your home have to be?anyone got any examples of what they did?

Is the process same day or do you have to come back?

You probably have a Non Imm O Visa.
Get you Wife to draw a rough map.

A Rough Guide.
(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.
OR.
If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.
If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.
Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)
Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.

I think you got a non-o visa based upon marriage not an B visa.

It would wise to do some new photos.

Map does not need to be that detailed. It needs to be from the nearest main road to your home.

The first time you applying for a conversion to a non immigrant visa.entry.

Just photos of you and the wife in and around the house, One must show you both with the house number shown in the photo.

Already have the conversion,they converted from tourist to non immigrant O,they give me 3 month stamp,now I need to apply for extension to stay so what photos are acceptable?

What ubonjoe posted, photos of you guys together at you house, at least one in front of the house with the house number visible.

My local immigration are always happy with just one shot in front of the house with the number visible and they insist on hand drawn, not computer generated maps.

Incidently, the photos dont have to be proper photographs,

Pictures printed on normal A4 paper will do.

I take one showing us with the house number.

one in the kitchen.

one infront of the wardrobes showing our clothes.

(we point at our clothes...Thais like that).

one in the living room.

when dealing with immigration always think more of, the better.

Have a Nice Day.

I think you got a non-o visa based upon marriage not an B visa.

It would wise to do some new photos.

Map does not need to be that detailed. It needs to be from the nearest main road to your home.

I have just renewed my Thai spouse visa for the fifth year using the same documentation including photographs that I used for the previous four years; why would you want to use new ones, unless of course you have moved since your last application? I use the appropriate section of Google maps and mark the position of the house; simple.

I agree, I have used google map with highlighting, arrows etc.

Letter from bank and bank book must be within 24 hours. I had to do again one time because letter dated and bank book updated on Friday arvo but applied on Monday morning. Same day is best. They have also sent me off to deposit 100 baht in the a/c to be sure.

We also had to have a (1) witness, and letter from the village head along with copies of his ID and blue book.

Of course this all my differ from officer to officer, office to office,

They may also want to make a house visit and request tea or fuel money.

Best to be prepared for anything.

Good luck.

I have a related question. My 12 month extension for marriage expires on Oct 15, but the US Embassy does their outreach in Udon also on Oct 15, which is when I get the notarized income verification. Is there a grace period? I need to go to the Nakhon Phanom immigration office to apply for the next extension. If I show up at the Nakhon Phanom office on the 16th will they penalize me? Or should I go to the outreach in Khon Kaen on July 16th?

Edited by JimMagee

I have a related question. My 12 month extension for marriage expires on Oct 15, but the US Embassy does their outreach in Udon also on Oct 15, which is when I get the notarized income verification. Is there a grace period? I need to go to the Nakhon Phanom immigration office to apply for the next extension. If I show up at the Nakhon Phanom office on the 16th will they penalize me? Or should I go to the outreach in Khon Kaen on July 16th?

There is no grace period to do the application.

I suggest you get your affidavit on the 16th of July,.The rules allow it to be up to 6 months old.

So you get a tourist visa to get in and then apply for Non Imm O Visa?

You can apply for a change of visa status that will give you a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You have to submit the same supporting documents need to get an extension of stay. If you using money in the bank option it just needs to be in bank on the date of application.

This can only be done at immigration in Bangkok if applying for it based upon marriage.

You can apply for a change of visa status that will give you a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You have to submit the same supporting documents need to get an extension of stay. If you using money in the bank option it just needs to be in bank on the date of application.

This can only be done at immigration in Bangkok if applying for it based upon marriage.

Thanks for the info 'ubonjoe'; sorry to be splitting hairs, but if I come over on a 60 visa and then apply - say of the 50th day - is that a) possible and B) then get 90 days after that ?

Thanks for the info 'ubonjoe'; sorry to be splitting hairs, but if I come over on a 60 visa and then apply - say of the 50th day - is that a) possible and cool.png then get 90 days after that ?

You need at least 15 days remaining on your entry to do the change of visa status. If not you could apply for the 30 extension and then apply for the change during the same trip to immigration.