Quarter million Spaniards call for Yuyee’s release

Lite Beer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the women on both pictures the same ?

one has nice firm breasts, the other one is sagging

one nice smile, the other one of a troll

If you're compelled to analyze and then post, it means you'd do both! Haha.

I dont use drugs. But if I did I wouldnt be stupid enough to use them in a foreign country with very strict penalties for anything drug related.--toyoungtoretire

I don't think this is a foreign country to her ToYoung

Rules and laws are made to protect society.--Bearboxer

That's a really cute (Naive ) Idea BearBoxer, I think you will find that rules are made to keep people in their place... what protection would I need from a 40.Klg young lady who privately sniffs as her choice of drug. When I am home in England or Australia I would like some protection from the drunken adolescents that spill out onto the streets, wanting to show their friends what they have learned from watching the latest MMA show. Oh there are no rules to jail drunks for 15 years.

Yuyee is a known, habitual and serial drug user,--ezzra

So many people -know so much about this lady...... If she is (was) a habitual drug user ezzra & has no police record or caused no problems to anyone over the years she has been using it---- Does that tell you anything.....w00t.gif

3. habitual---Grammar Designating an action or state that lasts for or is repeated over an extended duration, years---- http://www.thefreedictionary.com/habitual

Look Guys you can still be anti drug-- but recognize that this sentence is completely out of wack, compared to the sentencing of other drug offenders even in Thailand.

To have a just penal system the punishment must be relative to the crime---

So the laws that try to protect people from druggies, rapists, robbers, burglars, reckless drivers, violent attack and murder are made to keep people in place? One way of looking at it. The majority of people, who are decent law abiding and don't have criminal tendencies, perhaps don't need to be kept in check - but do appreciate being protected from the lawless elements that would otherwise prey on them. Depends on which side of the fence you sit.

Alcohol is legally, and therefore, more readily available. Therefore, it is far more likely to be the cause of issues than other drugs which are not so available or far more expensive. However, having had to deal with drunks and drugged up people bent on causing trouble, I know which is the more violent and far harder to control. I certainly wouldn't recommend walking through many British towns and cities on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night with your family, especially at closing time. That would pose much more of a threat than this lady is ever likely too.

However, rightly or wrongly alcohol is legal. Other drugs are not and their possession, consumption and supply are illegally. Different countries have different rules and deal with the offence and punishment. She took the risk, apparently, to fuel her addiction. What evidence there was and why the court chose to convict her and then punishing her heavily isn't clear. So, hopefully she will appeal and more facts will emerge.

If you see a law that you believe is there to keep you in check, you are really saying it's an oppressive law in you opinion that you don't agree with. Everybody has different views and society needs to regulate to ensure some don't force their view on others.

If you can think of a better system then let's here it.

Whilst her sentence may seem a little excessive, do remember she has 'previous' and she continued to do wrong regardless, this must also be taken into account. There are other factors such as her demeanor in court, did she show any real remorse - if not, longer sentence for example. I agree on the surface a little excessive but I am sure there is more to it that we don't know...

and will only harm the LOS with future tourists searching for more friendly destinations

Many (most?) of us can enjoy a tourist destination without shoving some unknown and potentially deadly substance up our hooters....

Drug taking is IMHO, for sad losers who have forgotten (or never known) how to enjoy life without a 'crutch'.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Life's not been good to her check those saggy breasts

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You're a real class act.

• Like 2

The man was offloaded with mechanical assistance from a flight that arrived on Phuket from Australia about 10pm.

Photographs showed the man, whose name was given as Christopher Boubis, 39, stretched out on the floor at Phuket's Thalang Hospital, stripped down to his underwear and a t-shirt.

Yea, but that's an accepted recreational drug. It's the drug taken by most law-makers and most law-enforcers. If you asked any officials about alcohol, they'd say something like; 'oh, ok, some people drink too much. But they're funny, and we tolerate it. We laugh when they fall down. ha ha ha. Plus alcohol is great for seducing girls, didn't you know that?'

If you ask the same officials about any other recreational drugs, they'd say something like: "They're all bad. Everyone who does any illegal drug is a criminal and addict. They should be locked up, no matter how small the amount of the drug, or if they're sitting in their home with earphones listening to the Monkees. Lock the criminals up and throw away the key!"

Does the $1 trillion alcohol lobby have any influence on lawmakers - paying/compelling them to maintain alcohol drinks as the only legal recreational drug? You tell me.

She probably would have gotten less time if she was drunk and killed a cop driving a car... justice system is a little ting tong

....or shot a cop dead in a nightclub.

Do you have any statistics to back up your comment that many lawmakers are alcoholics?

How about this: The #1 law enforcement official, Mr. Chaleum, is an alcoholic. As for the others, just look at the higher number of empty liquor bottles left behind, whenever they go to a restaurant or bar. Edited by boomerangutang

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She got what she deserved.

By a punch of pesky Farang protesting, hopefully the authorities dig their heels in and make her see out her full sentence.

What a helmet. 15 years for basically a dust stain. I sincerely hope you get 5 years for going 10 clicks over the speed limit.

I agree. The amount she got caught with is like the amount of salt most people sprinkle on their fries. I would not call that trafficking.

• Like 1

and will only harm the LOS with future tourists searching for more friendly destinations

Many (most?) of us can enjoy a tourist destination without shoving some unknown and potentially deadly substance up our hooters....

Drug taking is IMHO, for sad losers who have forgotten (or never known) how to enjoy life without a 'crutch'.

Are you always this nice and compassionate? I don't do drugs, but putting someone, who apparently has harmed no one but herself, away for 15 years is a crime in itself.

• Like 1

"The suspect claimed the was given the tube of chocolate by a passenger on the plane during her flight back from Vietnam, adding that she had no idea that the tube was filled with cocaine."

That's from the MCOT article about the sentencing on June 20th. Unclear is what type of endangered animals she was trying to smuggle into the country, a feat 'earning' her another 3 months.

maybe the sentences given to her should have been switched. 3 months makes more sense for 5- 251 milligrams! there is doubt as to what the amount of the drug in her possession really was.

I just found an article from the BangkokPost of 2012-11-12 saying Ms. Yuyee had 5mg in her purse and said she used it in Vietnam, only had it for her on use.

The 'endangered species' parts was said to relate to a raid on her house in Bangkok in June 2012 with various animals and birds found, some endangered species. The article has Ms. Yuyee saying she cared for them to later release them in the wild.

IIRC, the wildlife case included 2 ferrets, 7 performing clawed warriors and 2 mallards. biggrin.png

And four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Number 1 she is a Thai citizen. She grew up knowing the laws here. Fame got her nothing. We will worry about her little sentence when Spain abolishes Bull Fighting, Bull Running and the stupid tomato fights. Until then, enjoy the fish heads and rice meals, coke head Yuyee.

So the laws that try to protect people from druggies, rapists, robbers, burglars, reckless drivers, violent attack and murder are made to keep people in place?--Baerboxer

All laws made by the state are to keep people in there place---, All arms of the law (police / Army etc) are there for-mostly to protect the state----IMO

There are many world leaders I could quote to back that view-but as we are in Thailand lets leave it to the puppet master---A company is a country. A country is a company--Thaksin: The Business of Politics in Thailand 2004

The amount the lady was caught with--in volume amounts to about 1 -2 Yabba pills, its a ludicrous sentence --as Ludicrous as the sentences they give out in our country, where to beat an old age pensioner up & steal her handbag will get you a community service.

If sentences (punishments) do not reflect the crime, then the judicial system becomes irrelevant.

Thailand has a drug problem, that's evident--when I was first here in the 90s, I used to see the Nightclub raids, where girls were urine tested (most of the men were farang & didn't get tested) some were positive & a day or so after they would return after paying the fine---no one got 15 years. The thing that worries me about the Red-neck type letters saying she deserves it etc, that if you go back far enough, these same type of people would be saying the same things about Taksin letting lose his dogs & killing 2,500 suspected drug takers / dealers--- Yup they took drugs Ergo-they deserve death,---its the law, its there to protect us all.

Is there any justification in this sort of sentence ? in other words do those sort of sentences stop drug use. Look no further then our American cousins-- they make up 4.5% of the world population -- they presently have incarcerated 25% of the worlds prisoners .http://www.documentary.org/magazine/war-without-end-house-i-live-deconstructs-americas-failed-drug-policies

A lot of that is fueled by the mindless Knee jerk reaction you will see on here when the words "Drugs" are mentioned, even though they have come from a country that has tried this policy (Bush-war on drugs) & spectacularly failed, they seem to want to see it implemented again in the new country of their choice...expecting different results.

• Like 1

Number 1 she is a Thai citizen. She grew up knowing the laws here. Fame got her nothing. We will worry about her little sentence when Spain abolishes Bull Fighting, Bull Running and the stupid tomato fights. Until then, enjoy the fish heads and rice meals, coke head Yuyee.

ok post those laws here.i want to read where 5 micrograms of coke will be punished with 15 years...i am gonna send you 10000 baht if you do this

• Like 1

ok post those laws here.i want to read where 5 micrograms of coke will be punished with 15 years...i am gonna send you 10000 baht if you do this

Yeah, he can't justify the crap he is writing

• Like 2

Did she not know the punishment in Thailand for smuggling drugs possible she can’t read? It can carry the death sentence so she should be happy with her 15 years ‘do the crime serve the time’ did she not have a financial option with some common corruption regarding her crime pay police or judge to get off with a lesser sentence.

• Like 1

said by someone who has no idea. whistling.gif

What would you expect from a tourist police volunteer?

• Like 1

"The suspect claimed the was given the tube of chocolate by a passenger on the plane during her flight back from Vietnam, adding that she had no idea that the tube was filled with cocaine."

That's from the MCOT article about the sentencing on June 20th. Unclear is what type of endangered animals she was trying to smuggle into the country, a feat 'earning' her another 3 months.

maybe the sentences given to her should have been switched. 3 months makes more sense for 5- 251 milligrams! there is doubt as to what the amount of the drug in her possession really was.

I just found an article from the BangkokPost of 2012-11-12 saying Ms. Yuyee had 5mg in her purse and said she used it in Vietnam, only had it for her on use.

The 'endangered species' parts was said to relate to a raid on her house in Bangkok in June 2012 with various animals and birds found, some endangered species. The article has Ms. Yuyee saying she cared for them to later release them in the wild.

IIRC, the wildlife case included 2 ferrets, 7 performing clawed warriors and 2 mallards. biggrin.png

And a Partridge in a Yaba Tree .violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

• Like 1

And the little rich girls who kills 10 people in a commute van gets 2 years probabtion and limited annual community service.

Their legal system is so dyfunctional meaning those who make pays offs get off...

In this case she was punished for non-thai behavior. The judge/lawyers should be investigated...

CB

Yes sure ................Another job for the General before he signs off ! coffee1.gif