Koh Lipe in September?

gc777

Hi,

Has can anyone comment as to whehter Koh Lipe is a good place to visit in September? I am thinking of heading down there but I remeber reading in the past that the island can be a bit neglected in the off-season and that there can be a lot of rubbish on the beaches as a result. Does anyone know how much of an issue this is?

Thanks a lot.

I think the other problem you could encounter are boat transport cancellations. I've read when the seas are rough, the boats don't go. If you are flexible, then no problem.

We spent August in Phuket several years ago. It rained almost every day. Sometimes several times a day. If you want the beach, it's probably not the best time to go.

Thanks for the responses above, it seems that as one of our main reasons for going is snorkelling and because my wife sufferes badly from sea sickness Koh Lipe may not be a good option for us in September. I have done a lot of research and it seems that the safest bet might be Koh Tao?

I can't tell you for sure, but have read that they have a different weather pattern there than over on the Andaman side. The ferry will stop running if the seas are rough even there. But that would only be for a day or two, typically. It is a long ferry ride to Koh Tao from the mainland.