Cosmetic Industry/Hypocracy

Having persuaded Krusapha to accept that my professional qualifications were equivalent to a BA in Law, Honors Degree, and grant me a temporary teachers licence I was taken aback by a recent interview I had with a representative of a large, "reputable', teaching agency.

Prior to the meeting, as requested I sent him an e-mail with my CV and papers attached. I expressly stated in my e-mail that I had the equivalent of a BA. However, it soon became evident, during the interview that he had not read the same. He was evidently very interested in recruiting me to teach at a local High School, seeking to impress me by boasting how his agency could grease the wheels as far as immigration work visas/permits were concerned. As he put it they were very well connected. Wow I thought! However, when I could not produce a BA document his interest nosedived. Consequently it came as no surprise 48hrs later to receive a 'Dear John' rejection e-mail. In this letter he stated that if I could acquire a BA which could" pass muster" within the next few days they would hire me.

In hindsight perhaps I should have sent a reply requesting clarification of the aforesaid! Sadly, this would have been pointless as I already knew that the majority of the English Language teachers working at the school held fake BA's. Presumbably, this is a practice being condoned nationwide!

I guess the moral of this story is that it doesn't pay to be honest, if you want to teach in Thailand.Can someone please explain how Fake degrees that can pass muster are preferable to papers approved by Krusapha?

If you had a letter/email or some confirmation from the TCT, then that should have been sufficient to get you hired. I've had one teacher who had a degree, but it didn't specifically say BA. The degree was approved as being equivalent to a BA and the person got a non-immigrant B visa and work permit. Some countries have different standards and names for the degrees.

I now have a teacher who has no Bachelor's degree, but does have a Master's Degree. In her home country the course she took required a MA and there isn't a point where you get the BA. It will be interesting to see how the TCT views this degree.

That is if you are willing to work in a semi rural area.

Mr ArtHay, that's rather cruel! Phrae is a vibrant, "rocking", buzz of a town where new ideas flourish and new concepts are welcome as well! All of the High School teachers eschew outside activities for their students as it hampers the students education. The schools themselves are models of inovative design with every room cooled by "state of the art" electronics (fans).

We all know that ESL teachers are living on the fat of the land and, believe me, if you teach in Phrae you'll need a lot of spare fat, the falang teachers here look as if they're starving sheep!! Ribs sticking out everywhere!!

At every level of local government only lip service is paid to any sort of progress! A common cry is "We like Phrae just the way it is!!" facepalm.gifwai.gifsad.png

Never heard of a BA in Law....BA in Pre-Law, but then you still need three more years to get a law degree. Sounds like you're bitter because they wouldn't buy into your scheme. The fake degrees are a huge problem. I put on my resume to not call if you employ persons with fake degrees. I just got an offer from Hunan for 78K THB per month + free apartment. We'll see if they can produce the visa.....

That is if you are willing to work in a semi rural area.

Mr ArtHay, that's rather cruel! Phrae is a vibrant, "rocking", buzz of a town where new ideas flourish and new concepts are welcome as well! All of the High School teachers eschew outside activities for their students as it hampers the students education. The schools themselves are models of inovative design with every room cooled by "state of the art" electronics (fans).

We all know that ESL teachers are living on the fat of the land and, believe me, if you teach in Phrae you'll need a lot of spare fat, the falang teachers here look as if they're starving sheep!! Ribs sticking out everywhere!!

At every level of local government only lip service is paid to any sort of progress! A common cry is "We like Phrae just the way it is!!" facepalm.gifwai.gifsad.png

I live in a village in Phare province and I like it, some people can't adjust to the particular challenges of life in rural Thailand though.

True enough concerning the "rustic" nature of education in Phrae.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by ArtHay