Non O extension based on child

I have 3 months Non immig O visa from the airport until 23 August and our relationship with my wife is rocky that we may start divorce process but not sure yet. Can I extend my visa based on our child (she is dual citizen) if I can what are the requirements?I believe I can apply earliest 30 days before expiry day.

Yes, you can extend based on your child. But untill the divorce, you might need to do some convincing before immirgation will allow it based on your child instead on based on your marriage.

You need to show basically the same as for the extension based on your wife, only now you have to show that you live with your child and take care of him. I woud recommend talking with immigration first before you actually apply for the extension.

You can extend for 60 days at immigration

Bring

Passport

Copy of passport info page

Copy of visa and departure card

Family blue book

Copy of blue book pages showing baby and mother

Original birth cert

Copy of birth cert., both sides

Copy of mothers thai id, both sides and signed by her

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i doubt immigration will allow you to apply for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai child unless you are divorced.

The rules are written in such a way that it is clear that the extension is only meant for a single parent.

My wife left ,we not divorced and I got my extension based on supporting my child who lives with me ,was very easy ,more easy than based on Thai wife ,same requirement of 40,000 a month

Did you get 12 months extension?What were the requirements?

I may soon get WP from an employer. In this case can WP be used to change Non-immig O visa to Non-immig B visa and also get 12 months extension same time?What would be required documents?When can I apply for such extension/alteration?

I may soon get WP from an employer. In this case can WP be used to change Non-immig O visa to Non-immig B visa and also get 12 months extension same time?What would be required documents?When can I apply for such extension/alteration?

You cannot change non immigrant visa classes. You can apply for an extension of stay based upon working with a non-o visa if the company and your salary qualify for it,

If you you already have an extension you cannot change the reason for it until it ends or you have documents to cancel it (IE: Divorce decree).

I'll just jump onto this thread instead of starting a new one.

I'm married with a child born in Thailand. I've already had a oe year marriage visa which has now expired.

I have been in country for two weeks now and want to know my optios fora lengthy stay, probably for the rest of the year.

I have already had 60 days extension for my child prior to obtaining the marriage visa.

Is there anything I can get here or is it a case of going to Laos and getting a non o visa again?

You can get another 60 day extension. You can only get one for each entry is the only restriction for getting them.

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet based upon marriage. Or a single entry there or in Vientiane.

Same as last time.

Fee of 1,900

copies of passport, arrival card, marriage certificate, house hold registration book or proof of address if living elsewhere, copy of wife's ID-card plus the originals.

wife

birth certificate child and copy

passport photo

Thank you for your replies. I went to Immigration Office. Their main requirement was sufficient bank statement. Whatever I asked he kept saying "No problem". I will make application (will try without my wife) on 23 or 25 July.I will let you know the result.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife left ,we not divorced and I got my extension based on supporting my child who lives with me ,was very easy ,more easy than based on Thai wife ,same requirement of 40,000 a month

What did you need to provide to prove the 40,000 THB per month income?

Thanks!

Thanks!

If from abroad you need an income letter from your embassy. If from working here it is proven by tax payments and showing your work permit to prove you are working legally.

• Like 1

Thanks!

If from abroad you need an income letter from your embassy. If from working here it is proven by tax payments and showing your work permit to prove you are working legally.

Thank you ubonjoe - I have read this many times but in the case of working here in Thailand what is specifically required to 'prove your tax payments'? As far as I can find I need the last 3 months tax receipts (PND 1) and personal income tax receipt for previous year. Is this correct?