School beating

luudee

My nephew came home today all bruised up (see pics).

Apparently this was the teachers punishment for him doing

bad on a Math test. Is this the norm in Thailand ?

He goes to the Wat Boonsampan School in Pattaya ...

luudee

post-81891-0-24732800-1404143362_thumb.j

post-81891-0-96390600-1404143377_thumb.j

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the differences between a local school with Thais as teachers (who teach like they did 100 years ago- due to outdated training methods) or sending your child to an (authentic) international school. If I was you, I would instruct them that this is the 21 Century and there are better ways to discipline a child. How about taking play time away from him and have him do his homework then.

• Like 2

If this is the teacher, then Tywais and others have the right of it, time your nephew's family to seek recompense and justice. Not to mention that level of beating is nothing but sadism, somone enjoyed doing it.

• Like 2

My advice is go to the police and invite the local press along too, that should get things moving.

Making a kid shit scared of getting it wrong again is not going to improve his maths, it will just make them withdrawn and want to skip school.

Waiting for the teacher at the school gates is just sinking to his level.

I would get a great deal of satisfaction from "sinking to his level."

I think it would be good for anyone to get and watch the movie:

A Time To Kill

If nothing else, it's another perspective which is usually good to take in.

"Set in Canton, Mississippi, the film involves the rape of a young girl, the arrest of the rapists, their subsequent murder by the girl's father, and the father's trial for murder. The film was a critical and commercial success, making nearly $110 million at the U.S. box office."

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

There is one or two foundations Pattaya I have read about, One is something

like "Women and Children Protective Services" and the other one is named after

some person ...

I see them periodically being mentioned in various posts, but of course now

that I want to find them, can't find either one ...

If anybody knows them and/ or a link to them, I'd appreciate it.

PS: It was a female teacher who did the beating, and apparently there are

3 more kids who got it worth ... great way to develop a math phobia ...

luudee

Edited by luudee

If the teacher thinks he had the right to punish your nephew like this, you have the right to do the same to the teacher.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

That need looking in to. I can't believe that is legal in schools ? It needs following up on and get to the real facts. If was some teacher that did that then I would be looking at retribution 10 x fold - and then report it !

• Like 1

If anybody knows them and/ or a link to them, I'd appreciate it.

Not Pattaya specific but the main one is the Paveena Foundation. Unfortunately can not find a functional website for her organization but here is one link.

http://www.survivorsconnect.org/map/reports/view/301

Thank you Tywais !!! That's one of the ones I was looking for !!!

luudee

If the teacher thinks he had the right to punish your nephew like this, you have the right to do the same to the teacher.

Two wrongs do not make a right...wai2.gif

I do not think teachers have immunity from being prosecuted for assault on a child, I hope not anyway.

Two wrongs do not make a right...wai2.gif

I do not think teachers have immunity from being prosecuted for assault on a child, I hope not anyway.

Basil- it's a bit too simplistic that quote. Two wrongs maybe do not make a right and I can accept that in certain scenarios. However, when an adult beats a child to that extent ( school teacher - allegedly ) - then I'm afraid that this sentiment doesn't cut it with me. It's " bat time " and that <deleted> needs to be on the receiving end of at least 6 good swings of it !

• Like 1

Basil- it's a bit too simplistic that quote. Two wrongs maybe do not make a right and I can accept that in certain scenarios. However, when an adult beats a child to that extent ( school teacher - allegedly ) - then I'm afraid that this sentiment doesn't cut it with me. It's " bat time " and that <deleted> needs to be on the receiving end of at least 6 good swings of it !

What good would the parent being arrested for assault do for the child?

• Like 1

What good would the parent being arrested for assault do for the child?

Teach every other physco not to beat your child ? For the record, I don't say that the parents should do it, but that behavior is unacceptable. I will be in the minority here, but I would rather bash the culprit about and then get the reporters to photograph and report it! If it was my child then I doubt anything less would feel satisfying ! Writing reports is for the office, this isn't !

Difficult to imagine this was done in full view of the other students, but that's exactly how we were caned back in the 70s in Oz. We even had one psycho who used to get a run up - cricket style - from outside the classroom. Hurt like hell in Winter - lots of hands being rubbed feverishly the morning after a maths test and our French teacher didnt even restrict himself to caning people at the start of class - his specialty was rapping you on the knuckles with a piece of wood the mad bastard carried expressly for that purpose. Sadistic mofos, but any new teacher who didnt accept that 'discipline' was part of the curriculum was clearly seen as a lesser being. Interesting times.

Apologies to any Monty Python fans out there, but tell that to young kids today and they wont believe you.

how many kids would be needed to take down a teacher off school grounds ?