Buffet Staff Attempt to limit me to Three Plates?

deknoiJT

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever been to the buffet scrum with the Russians at the Pattaya Park rotating restaurant? Not pretty.

It's like a wild herd of desperate Deknois grabbing at the last morsel of nutrition left on planet earth.

Shame we can't see how Deknoi defends his "Buffet Rights" against a crowd of Russians instead of a polite Thai waitstaff.

Whadya say, Deknoi, are you ready to rumble?

Ever been to the buffet scrum with the Russians at the Pattaya Park rotating restaurant? Not pretty.

It's like a wild herd of desperate Deknois grabbing at the last morsel of nutrition left on planet earth.

Who playing ? US versus USSR ?......first one to the diet Coke wins ?

I've been shoulder charged in a buffet by a female, Chinese tourist. They take their gorging seriously

You need to barge them back and give them a mouthful of abuse.

He can't his mouth is full of buffet food :P

I note that deknoiJT is 6' 3" and weighs 120 kgs. I am 5' 10" and up to about 3 years ago also weighed 120 kgs. So compared with how I was then, I am sure that deknoiJT looks a real "slim Jim".

In my own opnion 120 kgs. is too big to be healthy for 6'3" especially if the diet/drinking/eating habits are not good.......

Way too much. I am 6'2" and have done sports all my life. I am currently trying to lose 4 kilos to get me to 86kg.

I've been shoulder charged in a buffet by a female, Chinese tourist. They take their gorging seriously

We were reaching for the last slice of salami. My IQ is higher than 75, so I know that another tray is on its way shortly.

• Like 2

We were reaching for the last slice of salami. My IQ is higher than 75, so I know that another tray is on its way shortly.

Many a time I have reached for the salami only to be given a mouthful of abuse!

• Like 1

Makes me think that the restaurant should put up a large sign, reading "Buffet - 3 Plates maximum"... and watch the customers flood in.

And you will see some people manage to construct a 1 meter high food mountain on the plate.

• Like 1

I was at a Japanese buffet in Siam paragon or one of those big shopping towers

You has to order from a menu

So we order various sushi rolls and sushi and hotspot ingredients

About 15 minutes later the hot pot ingredients come along, a few minutes later the sushi rolls come but no sushi (nigiri)

We assume they forgot them so we reorder them

A few minutes later one of the waitress comes along and says "oh we are out of rice"

If I was back home, I would call the manager and ask for a please explain, I mean no rice at a Japanese restaurant is like saying kfc buffet with no chicken,

However this is thailand, do we didn't say anything,

I personally think letting the customers would be a bare minimum courtesy, but I guess not in Thailand

What goes through their thought process I have no idea nor do not understand

Edited by hellohello123

I mean no rice at a Japanese restaurant is like saying kfc buffet with no chicken,

It actually happened to me in Tokyo many years ago.

I was the guest of a Japanese investment bank, and my hosts decided to take me to a futuristic new area, then recently opened, built on reclaimed land in Tokyo Harbour. (Locals know where I mean.) The restaurant had been opened less than a week. Much to the embarrassment of my hosts, this restaurant too had run out of rice. Still had a very memorable meal, though (and not just because of the lack of rice).

I didn't think that could happen in an organised country like Japan wink.png

I'm sure they were terribly embarrassed and did apologised profusely and tried to fix it

I'd expect the next truckload of rice would have had to be sacrificed - to soak up all the blood from mass-hara-kiri

I didn't think that could happen in an organised country like Japan wink.png

I'm sure they were terribly embarrassed and did apologised profusely and tried to fix it

I'd expect the next truckload of rice would have had to be sacrificed - to soak up all the blood from mass-hara-kiri

your comment reminded me of this video a few years ago

Cannot imagine that would ever happen in thailand

Edited by hellohello123

Have you ever tried the Alan Partidge scam with the 12 inch plate?

attachicon.gifamb035_alans_big_plate.jpg

12" plates are for amateurs. The real pro buffet-busters smuggle in at least 16 inchers hidden in their laptop/shopping bags. The staff aren't (usually) paying attention so don't notice...

A considerable amount of food can be loaded onto a plate this size. An added benefit is less-frequent trips to the buffet table. Which, in turn, reduces exertion and extends one's eating time...

DekNoiJT should consider this method next time he visits the various smorgasbords on offer at Lek's, Apex Hotel, Diana Inn, etc (or wherever his budget allows). Unless, of course, his boyfriend is paying for it...

I was at a Japanese buffet in Siam paragon or one of those big shopping towers

You has to order from a menu

So we order various sushi rolls and sushi and hotspot ingredients

About 15 minutes later the hot pot ingredients come along, a few minutes later the sushi rolls come but no sushi (nigiri)

We assume they forgot them so we reorder them

A few minutes later one of the waitress comes along and says "oh we are out of rice"

If I was back home, I would call the manager and ask for a please explain, I mean no rice at a Japanese restaurant is like saying kfc buffet with no chicken,

However this is thailand, do we didn't say anything,

I personally think letting the customers would be a bare minimum courtesy, but I guess not in Thailand

What goes through their thought process I have no idea nor do not understand

There was a little Japanese joint near my work catering to the lunchtime crowds.... It was a common thing for them to have no rice on any given day of the week.

The question of why they do not go next to to the 7/11 to buy a few bags was always greeted with a blank stare.

OP,

Whats the point of your thread?

To show that you are rude and a bully to wait staff who are just trying to keep a job?

You have to be American...wouldn't be surprised if you have some kind of camo clothing or hat right now.

There are plenty of boorish British and Aussie balloon chasers as well as Americans. Don't be a twit.

Well said. Theres plenty of that going around unashamed!

The staff at sizzler give you your bill before you finish eating your ordered meal these days. Some of them even bring the bill with your meal. I don't bother with the salad and stuff these days.