Lotus Superbike Racing Academy - Pirelli Track day - 23/24 August, 2014 - BIRA Track, Pattaya

ll2

yahoo, new track day is on the way!:) Of course nearly 7 weeks to come:(

it will be held at BIRA Track by the same guys but this time main sponsor is Lotus? - what is the relation of Lotus with motorbikes apart from the big, overweight concept bike they created recently?

Bigwing will have a special track session and pit area dedicated to Honda users again.

As usual, first day will be the racing academy where trainers pass their experiences and knowledge to the track riders. Second day will be track day plus races - 250cc limited, 650cc limited, beginner, intermediate, advanced levels.

it will be great fun and will be cool to see the track buddies again.

Hope it wont rain though at the peak of rainy season if not we will learn how to lean nicely on wet which is another experience but not preferred sure!

Trainers will be the same again it looks like.

Thanks for people organization these events, they are opening new doors to riders both experienced and newbies.

Hope, i can get a nice pipe until that time and will get a set of pirelli supercorsa sp just for track use again with 15 percent discount there.

Hard to wait that long!

post-184955-0-28054700-1404194128_thumb.

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do I have to register in advance? Looks great.

yep, just give them a call and tell them o register your name. it is too early though and even if you don't register, no problems.

Would it be OK to turn up on a PCX? I am not trying to be funny but my big bike is out of commission at the mo with an electrical bug.

And I would like the opportunity to revue my skills.

PS: I have a Suzuki Smash as well but it's not a bike you would want to get to adventurous on! shock1.gif

Edited by BSJ

Would it be OK to turn up on a PCX? I am not trying to be funny but my big bike is out of commission at the mo with an electrical bug.

PS: I have a Suzuki Smash as well but it's not a bike you would want to get to adventurous on! shock1.gif

You could turn up on a PCX but I doubt if they will let you on the track with it as the speed differential with the other bikes would make it dangerous not only for you but for other riders as well.

I know that you can rent bikes there though.

As long as its the 150cc lol

Just rent a bike for the day. A PCX will make you look like a <deleted>.

Do I have to register in advance? Looks great.

yep, just give them a call and tell them o register your name. it is too early though and even if you don't register, no problems.

Nice one, Cheers.

Can't wait, will be my first track day.

• Like 1

if you dare, i think no problems with pcx 150 provided that you have proper protection!

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw this too. Isn't he great? (the guy on the 125cc).

Except that this is a short course with a short straight. The PCX will top out at 110-120 max and with guys like II2 zooming past at 160-180, this would be a sure recipe for disaster. Also, the PCX would have to probably start braking just by where the rectangular repair patch would be :)

• Like 1

if you dare, i think no problems with pcx 150 provided that you have proper protection!

No trouble with protection. I always carry 2 condoms in my wallet! Plus I have a full face, leather gloves, Cordura jacket, Kevlar lined jeans and leather boots.

No trouble with protection. I always carry 2 condoms in my wallet! Plus I have a full face, leather gloves, Cordura jacket, Kevlar lined jeans and leather boots.

Cool. You can come then!

Make sure condoms are big enough to cover and protect your whole body thoughlaugh.png

Edited by ll2

Yeah, I saw this too. Isn't he great? (the guy on the 125cc).

Except that this is a short course with a short straight.

Yes & in this video it is corner speed he is killing the big bikes with

He throws the scooter where he wants & always is able to take a tighter line inside the big bikes.

Acceleration was not shabby either as shown off the line smile.png

The lighter weight was enough given what power he had to get away quicker

at the short start race to 1st turn

But yes tight track with short straights & the big bikes have no advantage as there

is no place to use the higher HP

Edited by mania

greeting from NEPAL, I would like to join this event who should I contact for the detail? thank you

Phone numbers stated at the flyer. Easy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

As it turns out I am still up the village. The wife's dad isn't looking good...and in my opinion not likely to improve. So, I won't get the opportunity to checkout the action! Maybe someone can video it?

Everybody joining?

I'll be there for sure

I'll be there too. Rob / KD - we need to have better arrangements for dinner this time smile.png

yess. i booked a room closer to pattaya this time!

and what abour wrey? where is he? are you back?

Do they rent bikes at the track? ...ones that vendors expect to be raced around (and have properly insured them).

Yes, all i know some rent bikes for track.

Do they rent bikes at the track? ...ones that vendors expect to be raced around (and have properly insured them).

Thanks, there is lots of info here https://www.facebook.com/PirelliThailandFanPage

...but not much in English.

Does anyone have a link that shows specifics in English...

--schedules for the academy

--fees for courses

--bike rental options

--do the instructors speak English

Thanks, there is lots of info here https://www.facebook.com/PirelliThailandFanPage

--fees for courses

--bike rental options

Actually, you can all the number in the flyer in the first post. They girls there speaks proper English.

But for me the schedule is, it starts at 08:00 on Saturday and finishes around 17:00. First day is training day.

For Sunday, the second day, again, it starts at 08:00 and track day and practice ends at 15:00 and races start at 15:00 and finishes at 18:00.

Two instructors are farang.

--fees for courses

--bike rental options

Actually, you can all the number in the flyer in the first post. They girls there speaks proper English.

But for me the schedule is, it starts at 08:00 on Saturday and finishes around 17:00. First day is training day.

For Sunday, the second day, again, it starts at 08:00 and track day and practice ends at 15:00 and races start at 15:00 and finishes at 18:00.

Two instructors are farang.

Thanks, I'll do that. This page has a full, detailed schedule. It's in Thai, but if you translate it with Google Chrome it's easy to see what's going on.

http://pirelli.in.th/trackday/#RidersGroup

Edited by ryanwiley
  • Like 1

Nice event! Less bikes this time which is good. This time had some good progress and many of us here. Great fun with buddies.

Now raining though:( but still fine. Made around 300 km on the track.

Not many accidents this time. Organization is also good as usual.

I am getting two sessions. One for intermediate and one for honda bigwing! Bigwing has its own track session. Again right brand:)

Overall, thanks for pirelli and lotus for doing the event.

post-184955-14088562570179_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088562771104_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088563031115_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088563230285_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088563418013_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088564070078_thumb.jpg

post-184955-140885642745_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088564519929_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088564966203_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088565149545_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088565318376_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14088565507714_thumb.jpg