Bad expirience with Mondeal insurance kicked me out after 10 years!

Sandman77

Since over 10 years I was customer on momdeal insurance , mostly for 10 month a year!

And also my family!

In this time I only got 3 cases , one hometransport and last year malaria in total payed around 18 k € within 10 years!

Now my sister called me today, send a letter at home , and kicked me out , without any reason, is this against the eu law ?

Anyone here that happen in same way?

After accident claimed for payment,

In first case my insurance man must investigate , in 2 case last year did not get any reply!

No I want sign up on Bupha , in my country not easy to find a insurance that cover one year one time!

• Like 1

Insurance companies like you as a customer when you present little risk and make no claims. If you start to present more of a risk (for heath insurance because you are older, for example) or you start to make claims then they are quite likely to dump you or increase your premiums hugely.

I consider this a very good reason to self-insure, or at least to choose policies with a high excess and lower premiums.

From the way your write it sounds as though you do not have Health Insurance but Travel Insurance ?

If that is the case then Travel policies are individual and one needs to apply every time you need the cover. Health polices are different as they are renewed and unlike Thailand in Europe companies cannot cancel the Health policy by law.

It's health insurance in my country the name travel insurance is use for but meaning the same, I allready have the most expensive high risk insurance

Calling Mondeal in Bangkok , not let farang sign up , only Thais,

Also when you have citicenship impossible!

I want bring this now to the high court in my home country!

Excluding without telling any reason is against eu law, waiting about other response from people having similar problem with Mondeal?

Travel Insurance and Health Insurance is not the same - in any country.

From the Mondial website FAQ :

Who can buy travel insurance?

Thai nationals resident in Thailand and ex-patriates of Thailand provide you hold one of the following:-

• Current and valid work permit
  • Retirement Visa
  • Annual multiple entry Visa
  • Like 1

It's health insurance in my country the name travel insurance is use for but meaning the same, I allready have the most expensive high risk insurance

Calling Mondeal in Bangkok , not let farang sign up , only Thais,

Also when you have citicenship impossible!

I want bring this now to the high court in my home country!

Excluding without telling any reason is against eu law, waiting about other response from people having similar problem with Mondeal?

Oiiii Sandman... another one to either laugh out loud or shake the head... going to the Austria high court... I don't know where you get your information or thoughts from...

- the only insurances that are non-canceable by the insurance company are government-mandated basic health insurances in the majority of European countries...

- every other insurance - including traveller insurance or upgrades for world-wide coverage - are NOT mandatory and can be cancelled by the insurance company

=> either after a case had to be paid by them

=> or at the end of the current (normally yearly) term

It might help you to read the GTC (general terms & conditions = Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen) before spending your money on lawyers and getting nowhere but broke...

Thx for this detailed information read all information in agb but not found something that give the insurance the right without any reason to kick me out, when your information Is true

What I belive, I was right that is not allowed to block a customer for apply service!

I suggest considering self insuring. Every year, you take your annual premium, and put the cash in a safe. Increase this amount by at least 15% each year, as that is what the crime lord insurance guys would have done anyway. If you get sick, use this money. If not, do not touch it. If you stay well, you will have a lot of cash to show for this effort. This plan only works in Thailand, as medical cost are manageable for self paying individuals. And it presumes your health is good. But, there is a lot of satisfaction in depriving these insurance companies their premiums.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Sandman, i know its a crazy thought, but

1. Why are you calling Bangkok when your policy is in Austria. Should you not call Austria and why do you not call Austria

2. You say your wife, i am confused. You have a Thai wife and she got a letter from Austria? clearly the letter is in German, you do not think she has no clue what the letter says?

3. If you wife received the letter in Thailand, where are you? I am assuming Thailand, as you are calling Bangkok

4. Does your cover has an age limit? You may have reached that age

5. Why would you go to high court? when you can go to local court?

6. Why would you want to go to court when there are ombudsman office to deal with complaints about insurance for free

7. Why would you want to go to court and not take out a different policy from another company?

Edited by Pralaad

I suggest considering self insuring. Every year, you take your annual premium, and put the cash in a safe. Increase this amount by at least 15% each year, as that is what the crime lord insurance guys would have done anyway. If you get sick, use this money. If not, do not touch it. If you stay well, you will have a lot of cash to show for this effort. This plan only works in Thailand, as medical cost are manageable for self paying individuals. And it presumes your health is good. But, there is a lot of satisfaction in depriving these insurance companies their premiums.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yep as the parrot would say"THATS THE WAY TO DO IT,THATS THE WAY TO DO IT"

Sandman, i know its a crazy thought, but

1. Why are you calling Bangkok when your policy is in Austria. Should you not call Austria and why do you not call Austria

2. You say your wife, i am confused. You have a Thai wife and she got a letter from Austria? clearly the letter is in German, you do not think she has no clue what the letter says?

3. If you wife received the letter in Thailand, where are you? I am assuming Thailand, as you are calling Bangkok

4. Does your cover has an age limit? You may have reached that age

5. Why would you go to high court? when you can go to local court?

6. Why would you want to go to court when there are ombudsman office to deal with complaints about insurance for free

7. Why would you want to go to court and not take out a different policy from another company?

He wrote that his sister called him... for the rest... too much logic in your post tongue.png

Thx for this detailed information read all information in agb but not found something that give the insurance the right without any reason to kick me out, when your information Is true

What I belive, I was right that is not allowed to block a customer for apply service!

Sandman, when I have a company and sell services, then it is my decision and only my decision to whom I will offer that service and it is also my and only my decision whether I want to cancel or not renew the contract with customers. The only exception to that in European countries is the basic health insurance cover where companies must take any customer as per government mandate. As I said before, out-of-country health-insurance or travel-insurance is NOT mandatory and therefore, insurance companies are free to offer, renew or cancel those policies when ever they feel to do so

That's a completely wrong thinking !

The only money optimizing winnig strategy of company's that not see the human in the middle . This is how I call it

A company make advertising saleing a product for everyone, and wants money for, does not have the right!

To make a first or 2. Class policy !

Everybody pai for the service must have the same rights when service is payed!

May the law in swiss diffrent but eu plans a law that nobody can exclude of a service !

Edited by Sandman77

... when I have a company and sell services, then it is my decision and only my decision to whom I will offer that service and it is also my and only my decision whether I want to cancel or not renew the contract with customers. The only exception to that in European countries is the basic health insurance cover where companies must take any customer as per government mandate.

This is not so. EU rules affect your right to sell or not sell your service to all sorts of different people for all sorts of different reasons, and these rules vary by country also. Try not selling your service in the EU to someone because they are black or disabled or a woman and see how far you get. Try charging them extra also.

... when I have a company and sell services, then it is my decision and only my decision to whom I will offer that service and it is also my and only my decision whether I want to cancel or not renew the contract with customers. The only exception to that in European countries is the basic health insurance cover where companies must take any customer as per government mandate.

This is not so. EU rules affect your right to sell or not sell your service to all sorts of different people for all sorts of different reasons, and these rules vary by country also. Try not selling your service in the EU to someone because they are black or disabled or a woman and see how far you get. Try charging them extra also.

Sorry, but this is BS. Every single application for services that I know of has a sentence in the fine print that says "the company reserves the right to decline your application without further explanation".

- we do it when we see credit card applications as a possible future credit risk for us

- health insurances will not accept your application for premium care based on your previous diseases

- car insurance companies charge extra for special groups of people based on risk profiles (i.e. people from Eastern Europe)

- insurance companies in general reserve the right to cancel / not renew your contracts after each single incident they had to pay for

- party clubs reserve the right to not let you in, because "you don't fit the clientelle"...

All above is in compliance with EU rules and has been protected by the hightest European courts. No (bigger) company will tell you that they decline you based on your skin colour or based on your sex or give you any other reason that gives you the chance to sue them for discrimination, but the CAN and they DO decline without reason and that is completely legal.

The self-insure route (really reserve route) works for the 90+% of persons who will never experience a serious or catastrophic illness. Probably close to 100% of those who have experienced a serious or catastrophic thought that it would never happen to them.

Sorry, but this is BS. Every single application for services that I know of has a sentence in the fine print that says "the company reserves the right to decline your application without further explanation".

- we do it when we see credit card applications as a possible future credit risk for us

- health insurances will not accept your application for premium care based on your previous diseases

- car insurance companies charge extra for special groups of people based on risk profiles (i.e. people from Eastern Europe)

- insurance companies in general reserve the right to cancel / not renew your contracts after each single incident they had to pay for

- party clubs reserve the right to not let you in, because "you don't fit the clientelle"...

All above is in compliance with EU rules and has been protected by the hightest European courts. No (bigger) company will tell you that they decline you based on your skin colour or based on your sex or give you any other reason that gives you the chance to sue them for discrimination, but the CAN and they DO decline without reason and that is completely legal.

Reread what I wrote.

The self-insure route (really reserve route) works for the 90+% of persons who will never experience a serious or catastrophic illness.

It works for people who have the money.

I am inclined to complement my self-insurance with some catastrophic medical cover, and this can be relatively cheap due to the fairly small chance of there being a claim as you mention.

I am not inclined to pay premiums that serve only to cover the expenses of other people who go to the doctor every time they have a headache or a hangnail, or who insist on getting 20 different tests and medicines when only an aspirin is actually needed. As a single person I also dont see the point of subsidising the huge medical bills that can be run up by pregnancy, childbirth and children.