Food cart practice causes cancer, Thai health official warns

webfact

A sure example of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

Adding together theoretical risks can produce a frightening hypothetical result.

It is probable that there are far greater risks to health in street food arising from poor hygene, recycled oils, low quality raw materials, ingredients storage at high temperatures, etc.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vendors should therefore only blot food with papers that have been certified by international standards to be safe for customers.

In other words they are being asked to buy specific stuff which will no cost more and be a brand that has the right paperwork ( excuse the pun )

Never eat from food carts, they don't pay tax and someone who does pay tax gets jealous and writes scandalous Bullshizzle to try to diminish their earnings.

Reading a Thai news article is more poisonous than all the swizz they write/print about.

Is it the poor standard of education that leads so many Thais to focus on the most petty and insignificant issues whilst ignoring ( or maybe minimizing in some instances ) the huge and most important issues? I have noticed this time and again. Or maybe it's just more polite and face saving to point out to the murderer the broken fingernail he has caused when the victim collapsed rather than the twenty stab wounds inflicted by the machete.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Lets face it...even if the rte is a grain of truth it this "dictum" - it isn't the reason for this official spouting off.......the person more likely has a chip on his shoulder about street food and is motivated by other reasons than concern for public health.

• Like 1

NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide) is a base which if ingested will be neutralized by the HCL (Hydrocloric Acid) in your stomach. That HCL by the way is produced by your very own stomach. I am pretty sure, there are only trace amounts of NaOH in Paper. You could test this by buying Litmus Paper, soaking paper or tissue in water and testing the water's pH.

There are other things we should worry about. Sanitation is one of them. The use of unsafe preservatives is another. Recycling cooking oil is another. Eating too much fried food, having an unbalance mind diet is another.

I believe the reference to Dioxin is wrong. But if the writer doesn't know his/her chemistry - blunders like this could easily happen and the hapless public will take it at face value.

NaOH tastes extreme strong bitter. Minor traces would spoil the food.

This reminds me of a scary article regarding those horrible "fish spa" treatments.

It said basically you could get any number of diseases from these fishies including HIV.

The article ended by saying there has never been any kind of disease or infection related to fish spas.