Nok Air evacuates passengers from flight after one throws a tantrum

webfact

Hats off to nok air in these times it is great to think they think of passenger safety and not profit.im sure any inconvenienced passengers would rather fly safe then have some jumped up. Do something at 30000 ft

• Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think Nok Air’s cabin crew showed a lack of experience by making that decision,” Warong wrote on Facebook

I think any grown man that posts his whining on Facebook is a silly, self-centered boy, and it's great he is no longer in the senate.

True but don't tell him. He still thinks he is a special person.

Here in Chiang Mai we have a hospital dedicated to people who think incorrectly persistently.

• Like 1

If the passenger who refused to show his boarding pass was considered a legitimate threat to security, then I can understand Nok Air's actions; however, I often read stories of airlines over-reacting to a rude or grumpy customer. Certainly there are customers who are not pleasant to deal with, but unless it is a legitmiate security threat - the staff needs to deal with them without evacuating a plane full of customers who want to get to their destinations.

Who is to say what is a legitimate security threat? A passenger refusing to show a boarding pass is a security threat. Nok Air and its staff did the right thing and well done.

Exactly. How do you know whether it's a 'legitmate' security threat. If his name is Somchai you let him through but if it's Mohammed you don't?

Airport security nowadays is a big enough nightmare as it is without idiot passengers adding to it.

Edited by bigbamboo

If the passenger who refused to show his boarding pass was considered a legitimate threat to security, then I can understand Nok Air's actions; however, I often read stories of airlines over-reacting to a rude or grumpy customer. Certainly there are customers who are not pleasant to deal with, but unless it is a legitmiate security threat - the staff needs to deal with them without evacuating a plane full of customers who want to get to their destinations.

I agree! Why inconvenience everyone for one stupid, obnoxious passenger? Like a previous poster said, just open a cabin door that has no stairs attached and throw the bum out. Problem solved, take off as scheduled.

Even before getting to the end of the story I thought, "Surely sounds like some spoiled local bigwig who isn't used to abide by the rules, a politician perhaps."

And voila!... Warong, a former senator.

Surprise, surprise!

Well done, Nok Air! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

When I started to read the story I thought it must have been about one of those darn hi-so people I have been hearing all about. Apparently they carry on like spoilt brats. biggrin.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now I'm wondering why such an esteemed man as Warong Dechgitvigrom, a member of the former senate, was on a budget flight?

Maybe he got on the "warong" plane ...

Only budget airlines fly in/out of NST.

Don't let a good Thai bashing get away...lol

No. Because they constantly and stupidly earn it !

"I think Nok Air’s cabin crew showed a lack of experience by making that decision,” Warong wrote on Facebook

I think any grown man that posts his whining on Facebook is a silly, self-centered boy, and it's great he is no longer in the senate.

True but don't tell him. He still thinks he is a special person.

Here in Chiang Mai we have a hospital dedicated to people who think incorrectly persistently.

.................."Here in Chiang Mai we have a hospital dedicated to people who think incorrectly persistently"........................."

I wonder if fabio and the rest of the red fan club know about this joint ? cheesy.gif

I can see it now.....

"Don't you know who I am???"

I heard the perect answer to that one a few years ago - a guy at a check in desk tried the same stunt trying to jump the queue. The check in girl smiled sweetly and announced over the Tannoy to announce to everyone "Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a gentleman at Gate xx who seems to have forgotten who he is. If anyone knows of a gentleman with amnesia, please come to Gate xx" The "gentleman" in question shouted "F*** you" at the check in girl who, quite unabashed replied "I'm afraid you'll have to take your place in the queue for that as well, sir!"

"The incident was criticised online after Phitsanulok Warong Dechgitvigrom, a member of the former senate on board the flight, complained about it online.

"I think Nok Air’s cabin crew showed a lack of experience by making that decision,” Warong wrote on Facebook."

Just another critic without a viable solution! The world is full of them!

As a former airline captain who once threw a rather prominent personage off my aircraft I have every sympathy with the Nok Air crew. I'm not sure though, why it was necessary to evacuate all the pax. Not difficult for security to remove only Khun Warong; that's what they're there for.

Agreed but at the moment it's happening you don't know what's in his possession. And if he has dropped/stowed anything. You don't know who he is, it might have been a deliberate distraction.

Send from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Now I'm wondering why such an esteemed man as Warong Dechgitvigrom, a member of the former senate, was on a budget flight?

Maybe he got on the "warong" plane ...

Can't get those freebies from Thai any more perhaps.

What a brat!

Agree. Being asked to show one's boarding pass when boarding a plane might appear to be 'standard procedure' but how many times have you boarded a flight and never been asked or there is no FA at the door or the FA is busy doing something else in the galley? It all seems rather hit and miss. What are they checking for? If you already know exactly where your seat is you do not require the help of the FA. And before you have even arrived at the aircraft your boarding pass will have already been checked if not once but twice if not three times! With all the hassle, security, immigration and time hanging around in just getting to your flight the last thing one needs just before one can plant their butt down in their aircraft seat and relax is for a FA to demand to see your boarding pass for no real good reason.

• Like 1

$#ck!ng wannabe VIP HiSo lunatics who act like that should not only be detained, but sentenced to pay compensation to airline and all passengers for the wasted time and troubles.

Edited by catweazle

Agree. Being asked to show one's boarding pass when boarding a plane might appear to be 'standard procedure' but how many times have you boarded a flight and never been asked or there is no FA at the door or the FA is busy doing something else in the galley? It all seems rather hit and miss. What are they checking for? If you already know exactly where your seat is you do not require the help of the FA. And before you have even arrived at the aircraft your boarding pass will have already been checked if not once but twice if not three times! With all the hassle, security, immigration and time hanging around in just getting to your flight the last thing one needs just before one can plant their butt down in their aircraft seat and relax is for a FA to demand to see your boarding pass for no real good reason.

And yet when that kid sneaked on a plane a few months back without a boarding pass (was that Nok air as well?) everyone was slagging off the crew for not checking for a boarding pass.

• Like 1

First of all The crew what was correct in doing How could they know if passenger could have gone crazy while in flight causing the plane to crash? I worked for Homeland security in the states I personally removed 2 passenger's who interfered with the crew those people are now on the no fly list. Kudo's to Nok air they care about your safety.

• Like 1