Air milage from credit card - where to spend it?

vento

Hello

I have about about 100k milage which can be transfered from my CC provider to almost any major airline. As i have no experience with shopping tickets and/or other things for airline milage in this part of the world, i would hope that someone could give me some ideas/tips on where to use it.

I also have about 50k miles (i think) on Thai Aiways, but lost my pincode and it cant re sent to my email and customer representation tells me to use webpage to get a new pincode and after some calls to the airline company i more or less gave up on it.

Is it easy to book tickets, last time i successfully logged into TG system (1y back) i could see that there was a lot of limits to which tickets i could book, and was impossible to upgrade existing orders (at least online)

So... which airline should i transfer my milage to, and where should i go? smile.png Is it possible to book tickets to nearby destinations, like KL, singapore, maybe Tokyo or even Australia?

Any hints/ideas would be highly appriciated.

Cheers

I used Thai miles to fly to Tokyo, I booked in January originally intending to fly in March, the earliest availability was May. The extras, taxes and fuel surcharges, were 16,000 Baht for the two of us.

Thai are increasing the miles required for reward flights from 1 September.

50,000 miles is a lot to lose, I couldn't log in I sent them an email and they reset the pin.

I used Thai miles to fly to Tokyo, I booked in January originally intending to fly in March, the earliest availability was May. The extras, taxes and fuel surcharges, were 16,000 Baht for the two of us.

Thai are increasing the miles required for reward flights from 1 September.

50,000 miles is a lot to lose, I couldn't log in I sent them an email and they reset the pin.

anyone have some examples about how many "miles" they need to use to get to HK, Tokyo or other places? Just to get an idea about it?

For several years i have flown Bangkok-Brisbane-Bangkok and then used my FF points to get home to Koh Samui. However my last two flights to oz has been with SCOOT and both were disasters. First flight 5 hours late arriving so missed my Singapore-Bangkok connection, had to find hotel overnight. Bang goes the cheap flight benefit. Next flight, they lost my suitcase for 5 days in Singapore. More hotel expense whilst waiting for my suitcase. I now realise that i should have stuck with Thai , over the years they have been reliable and in the end, no more expensive.

As my Pommie mate told me "Serves you right for flying 'Yorkshire Airways' lololol

Edited by oldsailor35