Ousted Thai ministers meet first time after military takeover

webfact

Ousted ministers meet first time after military takeover
By Digital Content

14044498213565.jpg

BANGKOK, July 4 -- Members of the Pheu Thai Party including former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, ousted in the May 22 military takeover, met for the first time Thursday at the cremation ceremony of a former minister.

Key members of the party and also former ministers who attended the cremation ceremony of ex-minister of Science and Technology Phiraphan Phalusuk, were deputy prime minister Plodprasop Suraswadi, deputy prime minister and commerce minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, and labour minister Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung.

Several ‘red shirt’ members also attended the ceremony. Among them was Nattawut Saikua, former deputy commerce minister.

A number of members of the major opposition Democrat Party also attended the ceremony held at a Buddhist temple on the Bangkok outskirts.

Mr Phiraphan passed away on April 30.

Ms Yingluck declined to answer political questions posed by journalists at the temple.

Several key members and ministers of the Pheu Thai Party met again Thursday night as they attended the US Independence Day Party, held at a Bangkok hotel.

In another development, the National Council for Peace and Order which seized power in the coup issued an order transferring several high ranking civil servants.

Among them was Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongcharoen who was removed from his post as secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board to perform duties only at the Royal Thai Police.

Gen Pongsapat, also deputy national police chief, has a close connection with the Pheu Thai Party. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-04

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the first time they are seen together publically. However given YLs affinity for using skype and FB i doubt it is the first time they have been communicating privately

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Damn it! Chalerm is still walking. sad.png

That's what it says on his favourite bottle.......... "Keep walking"

Cheers! thumbsup.gif

You're right! I should have written 'Chalerm is still Walkering'... but I wouldn't damn that, as the more he does the closer he gets to liver failure... clap2.gifw00t.gif That's his choice.. ;)

Edited by UbonRatch
  • Like 2

That's what it says on his favourite bottle.......... "Keep walking"

Cheers! thumbsup.gif

Here is a new favorite.

As an aside, there's not much logic or deterrent value in that sign. If indeed Johnnie Walked, he obviously wasn't driving, yet he still ends up in a wheelchair. Where's the deterrent value in that?

post-94947-0-37725900-1404465889_thumb.j ?

Edited by fab4

So is suthep. so what?

But....but...Suthep....

When will those reds stop their whining ?

Yet you don't find anything wrong with seemingly every thread some dingbat will be asking "Where's Chalerm"

Just one more thing - what is it you people don't understand about using members of the "opposition" as examples in a reply. Are they exempt for some reason. The above is a perfect example. A post that comes up with a fatuous and unpleasant comment such as "Damn it! Chalerm is still walking" deserves a ripost. One would immediately think of a figure that is relevant to the situation, in this case a political figure of opposite persuasion. He was hardly likely to write "So is Robben. so what". Apart from the ridiculousness of using Robben as an example of a person who is still walking when he obviously has so much trouble staying on his feet, that is

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Yingluck Shinawattra was not ousted by the military. She was ousted by a court for acting illegally for nepotistic reasons.

Thaksin Shinawattra was not the PM or even the lawful caretaker PM when he was ousted following his illegal seizure of power.

Interesting how many chose to say things differently or suggest a different scenario.

There you go again Bb, you big party-pooper. Ruining an otherwise perfectly good story with the truth. clap2.gif

The article does not say that Yingluck was ousted by the military. Brush up on your reading skills before trumpeting about the truth...

So is suthep. so what?

But....but...Suthep....

A LOT of people who are not reds loathe, yes despise and detest, Suthep and the fascism he stands for. When will the yellow tinted glasses come off? There are a LOT of people who do not support Suthep and his yellow shirt elitists -- and they also have no red faith whatsoever.

Yingluck Shinawattra was not ousted by the military. She was ousted by a court for acting illegally for nepotistic reasons.

Thaksin Shinawattra was not the PM or even the lawful caretaker PM when he was ousted following his illegal seizure of power.

Interesting how many chose to say things differently or suggest a different scenario.

There you go again Bb, you big party-pooper. Ruining an otherwise perfectly good story with the truth. clap2.gif

The article does not say that Yingluck was ousted by the military. Brush up on your reading skills before trumpeting about the truth...

Prbkk - please read the first line of the op -

"Members of the Pheu Thai Party including former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, ousted in the May 22 military takeover"

Kinda sounds like Yingluck was ousted by the military, at least to me.

• Like 2

Prbkk post # 17

Prbkk you should take your own advice prior to counselling others

Brush up on your reading and comprehension skills before trumpeting about the truth...

• Like 2

So is suthep. so what?

But....but...Suthep....

A LOT of people who are not reds loathe, yes despise and detest, Suthep and the fascism he stands for. When will the yellow tinted glasses come off? There are a LOT of people who do not support Suthep and his yellow shirt elitists -- and they also have no red faith whatsoever.

Yeah yeah. We know, you keep saying, your whining about that is getting almost as annoying as the reds 'but Suthep' whining.....We know, we get it, we don't need you to keep saying it for no reason....

• Like 1

Members of the Pheu Thai Party including former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, ousted in the May 22 military takeover,

Technically, correct. She appointed a person to office. She then replaced him with her brother's ex wife's brother.. Nepotism..or a bullshit excuse to remove the PM?

Is my Brother's Ex Wife's brother my family? I don't even know their names!! Honestly.

Off topic post with image unrelated to the topic has been removed, along with a reply quoting the removed post.

And a general reminder to everyone posting to keep replies civil, relevant, and avoid flaming other members.

• Like 1

What drivel !

As I recall it Thaksin won 2 elections with an overwhelming majority. In fact he was the first Prime Minister to achieve an overall majority in free elections (in 2001). He would have won a third time had not the Dems decided to they didn't want to play and decided to boycott further elections, thereby helping to precipitate the 2006 coup.

So in what way was Thaksin's seizure of power illegal? Or do you just define free elections as illegal per se?

And before you squawk about me being a Red Shirt, I personally disliked the Thaksin government intensely, but I'm not Thai and it's not up to me to tell them who to vote for.

Certainly, my then girl friend and her neighbours down in Chantaburi province, not up in Isaan, thought he was wonderful, regardless of what the Farang might say!

• Like 1