What are the best things to do in Thailand ?

Thailand is the most popular tourist destinations in the world and I know some of the best Sukhumvit Shopping attractions in Bangkok such as :

MBK

Rain Hill Plaza
The Sukhumvit Market
The Emporium
K Village
Toms Fashion

but i want to visit famous travel destinations that could be big advneture in my life. Pleas share your kinds respons with us.

Thailand is the most popular tourist destination in the world???? Apparently you didn't read this article from page 1 of TVF:

Bangkok loses from list of world's top 10 best cities for travel

http://www.thaivisa....ies-for-travel/

"...loses from list...?"

Popularity is seldom a constant among all populations or across all time periods, but Thailand remains a very popular tourist destination. I know that rubs the malcontents the wrong way since nothing in Thailand is ever good, let alone best, in their small-minded view, but pretending that one survey makes or breaks the reality for all times is somewhat petty. It's popular. Despite all that has happened, it remains popular. It was in the past, is now and probably will remain so despite all the cranky naysayers on TV.

Bangkok, Thailand will be the number one destination for tourists in 2013, according to MasterCard's new Global Destination Cities Index.

It beat out major destinations like London, Paris, New York, and Dubai with an anticipated 15.98 million international arrivals in 2013.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-tourist-destinations-2013-2013-6?op=1

In the Asia/Pacific region, Bangkok leads in the total number of visitors and visitor spending and is expected to displace Paris as the third-ranking city by visitor spending. Dubai retains its rank as #1 of the top 10 destination cities in the Middle East and Africa.

thailand is not just a supermarket

every country in thailand is different and amazing

the people the food the view

the south for the beach the north for the mountain

rent a motorbike and go everywhere

• Like 2

You need to cue off Vonnegut:

We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodley do, What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must; Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust.

thailand is not just a supermarket

every country in thailand is different and amazing

the people the food the view

the south for the beach the north for the mountain

rent a motorbike and go everywhere

We just got back from my first trip to Mae Hong Son, and Pai. It was very nice. The mountain views were fantastic. We stopped by at a friend's house and were amazed at his setup, just outside of Mae Hong Son. He built a wonderful hillside, rustic abode out in the wilderness. Very comfortable and secluded. My girl owns a resort nearby, but it is not quite what I had in mind for a living situation. However, she has another lot nearby, at the top of the hill, and that my become a 5 year project. The first thing will be the jacuzzi, bathroom and outside kitchen. Now we just relocated to Chiang Mai. The best thing about Thailand is the diversity. Farms, Mountains, beaches, Rivers, Racous Pattaya, Islands and the Hustling Cities. When you get tired of one, you can get to another, within an hour or two..

I treaty enjoyed the petroglyphs at the furthest point east in Thailand. I do not recall the name but I am sure you could google "Thailand petroglyphs" and receive a website.

The Jade Buddha temple next to the Grand palace in Bangkok is also very spectacular. My Thai wife has been present when the king changes the gold clothing of the Buddha 3 times/year. I believe this site should be a world heritage site. I found it more beautiful than some of the sites I have enjoyed.The mural that is several hundred meters long deserves closer investigation and attention.

Some things I have enjoyed more than the sites have been people centered such as

1. A real spirit dance without any fancy dress in a small village the local shaman presiding - no monks.

2. Funerals in small villages including the prayers for a week in advance and the offerings made to the family prior to the actual cremation.

3. A wedding in a small village - I hope to experience this again so I can observe with more experienced eyes.

4. The blessing of new homes. The sword hanging on the wall and the bouncing of money on the couples bed. Again a shaman but no monks.

• Like 1

Things I have done and recommend

BKK.

Chatachuk weekend market

Muy Thai fight night at lumpini

Dusit Zoo

Ride the BTS skytrain around Bangkok

Wat Po with giant buddha is good. Grand Palace is good. Several other Wat Thais are nice.

I recommend the national museum.

For completeness and story telling spend some time at NEP. Take sky train to Soi Cowboy.

Take bus from Mo Chit to Sukhothai old ruins. Incredibly calm and peaceful. Very scenic bus ride with rice paddies and water buffalo.

Khon Kan outdoor zoo is worth the time if you are heading into Isaan

Bell bus from BKK to Pattaya. In Pattaya, Nong nooch, crocodile farm. Just walking around and stopping to eat, get a foot massage, get a thai massage, get a foot massage. Get a soapy massage. Pretty good german food. Decent Full English Breakfasts all over. Decent night life for all types and interests. easy town to walk around in, no car, take baht bus or motorbike taxi. Jomtien beach is OK for swimming. Decent food and water overlooks

Fly to Phuket and stay at karon beach. Good clean water, big white buddha overlooking the cliff is awe inspiring yet tranquil and gives you the feeling you really are in a unique part of the world. Visit patong for completeness.

From Phuket take ferry to Ao nang. Island scenery is great.

Ao nang. Incredible island views. Decent little nightlife. Nice little outdoor cafes and eateries

Ko Samet from Pattaya is worth a visit. relatively quiet, good swimming, pretty beaches. Great night time sea food barbecues outside of the hotels. Fun and easy snorkeling trips around the island.

Most of the Thai people. Very friendly and wonderful people.