Bad rice and loss of stock discovered

Lite Beer

Rice has been stolen. A crime has been committed. Apologists move aside - justice needs to be done.

There is no "justice" without equality in front of the law. revenge can be done, not justice.

You are assuming the law is justice. Not so it is legal.

You may go to court and be assured legal with all it's loop holes will be done.

But not necessarily justice. Two different animals.

Correct. And it's exactly the point I'm making. Justice and the law are two different things.

If both me and my neighbor built houses on encroached land, mine is tore down while his is allowed to stand Dru2 can come in and say "land has been encroached - justice is done". It sure as hell hasn't if my officer's neighbor house not only wasn't torned but allowed to grow and expand.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rice has been stolen. A crime has been committed. Apologists move aside - justice needs to be done.

There is no "justice" without equality in front of the law. revenge can be done, not justice.

cheesy.gif

Like the justice the enemies of the PTP got when they talked about the losses in this scheme.. Prosecution ?

Damm there was even a minister of finance who thought it was ok to lie and you worry about the media now

Just remember.. all of this could have been avoided.. if not for a certain person who wanted amnesty.

But I am confident much will be found with the rice scheme.. I am confident the losses will be even greater.. the rice market destroyed.. why .. we know why.. Shins.

Prosecution? Please provide a link of the prosecution and condemnation of people who talked about the rice scheme. I however, can show you links of people arrested for wearing a t-shirt while going to temple.

As for amnesty, the junta awards itself amnesty, not only didn't it go through parliament, the senate or the courts but you aren't allowed to oppose it.

Doesn't bother you? Can you spell Double Standards ?

Edited by firestar

cheesy.gif

Like the justice the enemies of the PTP got when they talked about the losses in this scheme.. Prosecution ?

Damm there was even a minister of finance who thought it was ok to lie and you worry about the media now

Just remember.. all of this could have been avoided.. if not for a certain person who wanted amnesty.

But I am confident much will be found with the rice scheme.. I am confident the losses will be even greater.. the rice market destroyed.. why .. we know why.. Shins.

Prosecution? Please provide a link of the prosecution and condemnation of people who talked about the rice scheme. I however, can show you links of people arrested for wearing a t-shirt while going to temple.

As for amnesty, the junta awards itself amnesty, not only didn't it go through parliament, the senate or the courts but you aren't allowed to oppose it.

Torned? Tut-tut. Don't lecture others on spelling.

Ah, if this sort of corruption was only considered a capital offence, I for one would buy tickets to the execution, popcorn in hand.

Fair enough. as long as equal corruption is considered a capital offense. if we look at rice warehouses can we please also look at warehouses in military bases?

Ah, if this sort of corruption was only considered a capital offence, I for one would buy tickets to the execution, popcorn in hand.

Fair enough. as long as equal corruption is considered a capital offense. if we look at rice warehouses can we please also look at warehouses in military bases?

At it again? Attacks on the Royal Thai Army aren't too bright, genius.

why is that? Weren't you fighting tooth and nail for your democratic right to voice you opinion?

Now somewhat threatening me. unlike you I'm happy to hear anybody's opinion.

And it isn't an attack when I'm asking for an audit and they have nothing to hide right?

Edited by firestar

My dear sir Dru the second, you're sadly mistaken.

This is not an attack on the military. This is only an attempt to divert from an embarrassing scam which lost the country 700++ billion Baht and which Ms. Yingluck didn't know anything about much to her annoyance. She hadn't even had a report back to her on how successful the scheme was, not even a single A4 with the clear accounting "so much paid, so much returned".

• Like 2

why is that? Weren't you fighting tooth and nail for your democratic right to voice you opinion?

And it isn't an attack when I'm asking for an audit and they have nothing to hide right?

Quite wrong. And I am not threatening you at all - just warning you, for your own good, that these things can be, and probably are, monitored.

Edited by dru2

This is not an attack on the military. This is only an attempt to divert from an embarrassing scam which lost the country 700++ billion Baht and which Ms. Yingluck didn't know anything about much to her annoyance. She hadn't even had a report back to her on how successful the scheme was, not even a single A4 with the clear accounting "so much paid, so much returned".

Ah Mr Rubl, is wouldn't be a proper "news" thread without at least a post from you.

Maybe we can meet @ the Thaivisa lounge, there is no doubt you are one of the most articulate and well informed posters here yet sometimes so infuriatingly one-sided it seems like a waste of your talents.

I have yet to figure out if it is out of ignorance of underlying issues and power struggles or real political conviction.

Then why ask for the audit?

You can see it all. That is justice. Of course in a court of law it might not be justice it might be some mickey mouse law making it illegal.

Edited by northernjohn

Then why ask for the audit?

You can see it all. That is justice. Of course in a court of law it might not be justice it might be some mickey mouse law making it illegal.

Why not ask for an audit?

It's between 7% and 9% of the country's GDP, if you want to eradicate corruption you should start there. Our current leader, his closest ally and Thaksin himself all come from the same Armed Forces Prep School.Have you ever met the middle-men who sell to them?

I'll probably have to get this post deleted, as Dru2 said it is not safe in this environment.

Edited by firestar

Ah Mr Rubl, is wouldn't be a proper "news" thread without at least a post from you.

Maybe we can meet @ the Thaivisa lounge, there is no doubt you are one of the most articulate and well informed posters here yet sometimes so infuriatingly one-sided it seems like a waste of your talents.

I have yet to figure out if it is out of ignorance of underlying issues and power struggles or real political conviction.

Actually not only did I join the TFV Lounge fun on Friday, but much to my surprise I even found myself on one of the photo's posted, or at least (most of) my face and one side, the 'right' side as well rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

in the bangkok post yesterday article states that on 235000 tons already inspected, they have found 22 tons missing, that's some 0.009%

some more of a political propaganda, than anything of substance.

keep digging those empty boxes which beforehand you hided under the full sacks of rice, it looks good on camera, when inspectors know exactly where those empty boxes are. The story goes they use gt 200 bomb detectors fitted with rice card, that's why

Aren't they forgetting the 91 tons found missing the other day? It may have slipped somebody's mind? Give it a little more time and the real percentage of missing rice will be revealed.

Who is spreading propaganda, and who was responsible for those "empty boxes(?)... hided under full sacks" ?

You really think 91 tonnes is a lot of rice?

They are trying to count 19,000,000 tonnes

91 tons of rice is quite some rice (when you doubt it, I'd invite you to move that quantity by yourself over a distance of 100m. using a shovel and a wheelbarrow...), but only a tiny part of what has already been confirmed missing after the inspection of a just a few warehouses, but you chose to ignore the facts, and prefer to support 'londonthai' in his efforts to minimize the discovered losses, no need to ask what his (and your?) political 'opinions' are, but are you a liar like him, spreading misleading propaganda too?

What?

I will promise you that in this entire crop there will have been at 100,000 Mt damaged by rain, at least 100,000 Mt damaged by beetles and probably 1,000,000 Mt mould damaged.

And you think 100 Mt makes a story?

Hmmm according to figures reported by BP that I can't unfortunately link to :

In Ayutthaya, where 200,000 tonnes were kept, no irregularities found

Nakhon Si Thammarat all 16,320 tonnes of rice was in place

only in Nakhon Ratchasima did they find 22 tonnes missing out of 9,859 tonnes

So basically less than 0.008 of the rice missing so far which if you ran any kind of stock take for any business is way below the 2% usually expected.

But hey, you keep on fighting the good fight *cough and republish @pravda @nationmultimedia articles.

Never think of reading the posts above yours heay?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740082-bad-rice-and-loss-of-stock-discovered/?p=8058816

Have a read and get back to me….

What a joke ! Sounds like the military guys want to collect their tea money

as well ! And whoever doe snot pay up (enough) gets blamed ...

Nothing new, just different players ....

luudee

• Like 1

Hmmm according to figures reported by BP that I can't unfortunately link to :

In Ayutthaya, where 200,000 tonnes were kept, no irregularities found

Nakhon Si Thammarat all 16,320 tonnes of rice was in place

only in Nakhon Ratchasima did they find 22 tonnes missing out of 9,859 tonnes

So basically less than 0.008 of the rice missing so far which if you ran any kind of stock take for any business is way below the 2% usually expected.

But hey, you keep on fighting the good fight *cough and republish @pravda @nationmultimedia articles.

Never think of reading the posts above yours heay?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740082-bad-rice-and-loss-of-stock-discovered/?p=8058816

Have a read and get back to me.

You would do very well as an internal auditor.

We went through one in the operation in Thailand conducted by Pinkerton's.

At a cost of the trip of about 50k USD, they found 8mt of product mislabelled out of 5,000

That was the last time they used Pinkerton's to find stuff. You guys screaming about 100 tons here and 100 tons there whilst they are counting 19,000,000 tons as some kind of proof of horrendous fraud are actually quite comical.

The odds that the paper numbers match the actual is actually zero. I can guarantee.

• Like 1

hope they check the rice in the market too. There's something very wrong from my experience. Never had this crap before, a time when you could trust a brand. I'm almost certain that some rice sold here as Thai rice is not from Thailand.

Some checking in warehouses have been stalled because of so many irregularities in an attempt to obstruct

cheesy.gif

I will look for a link but I will ask the help of other Thaivisa members as it is sometimes hard to dig op old news links.

This is about the lady who was transferred after she stated that there were losses in the program. Now she is part of the NACC she was the first to state about losses and was quickly silenced saying there are no losses or not so high.

The junta was forced into this its only normal they get amnesty.. Taksin did it out of greed and was convicted in a court of law with far more cases waiting (why they don't prosecute them with him away is beyond me) Two totally different things.

Double standards.. i can spell it and raise it they were invented and taken to new heights by the PTP remember how they said all the attacks on the protesters were self inflicted and how they could never find any one that did it while if a redshirt got hurt they found the people doing it quickly.

• Like 1

I will look for a link but I will ask the help of other Thaivisa members as it is sometimes hard to dig op old news links.

cheesy.gif

This is about the lady who was transferred after she stated that there were losses in the program. Now she is part of the NACC she was the first to state about losses and was quickly silenced saying there are no losses or not so high.

The junta was forced into this its only normal they get amnesty.. Taksin did it out of greed and was convicted in a court of law with far more cases waiting (why they don't prosecute them with him away is beyond me) Two totally different things.

Double standards.. i can spell it and raise it they were invented and taken to new heights by the PTP remember how they said all the attacks on the protesters were self inflicted and how they could never find any one that did it while if a redshirt got hurt they found the people doing it quickly.

The lady you refer to was certainly persecuted by PTP for daring to reveal what she saw as the truth. It was inconvenient to them. As I recall, Tarit as DSI DG threatened her that she may have broken some rule he was still trying to dream up and he would be forced to investigate and report his findings to the AG.

PTP also tried to delay her appointment to the NACC.

Still, at least she wasn't murdered or had her house machine gunned, like some who dared challenge the democratically elected PTP administration.

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

The lady you refer to was certainly persecuted by PTP for daring to reveal what she saw as the truth. It was inconvenient to them. As I recall, Tarit as DSI DG threatened her that she may have broken some rule he was still trying to dream up and he would be forced to investigate and report his findings to the AG.

PTP also tried to delay her appointment to the NACC.

Still, at least she wasn't murdered or had her house machine gunned, like some who dared challenge the democratically elected PTP administration.

..................."murdered or had her house machine gunned"....................???????

You mean a democratically elected government would do such a thing ? sad.png

in the bangkok post yesterday article states that on 235000 tons already inspected, they have found 22 tons missing, that's some 0.009%

some more of a political propaganda, than anything of substance.

keep digging those empty boxes which beforehand you hided under the full sacks of rice, it looks good on camera, when inspectors know exactly where those empty boxes are. The story goes they use gt 200 bomb detectors fitted with rice card, that's why

Aren't they forgetting the 91 tons found missing the other day? It may have slipped somebody's mind? Give it a little more time and the real percentage of missing rice will be revealed.

Who is spreading propaganda, and who was responsible for those "empty boxes(?)... hided under full sacks" ?

those 90t were stolen by army

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Army-staff-implicated-in-missing-rice-30238527.html