I'm Going To Sell My Girlfriend.

HeijoshinCool

You need to actually visit a temple before posting rubbish

I simply assumed that you haven't paid much attention when you are INSIDE the temple.

You quite rudely and wrongly assume that I have never actually been anywhere near one.

That's fine. But by the same token that the unfortunate OP's girlfriend's auntie has solicited advice from a monk, Thai womenfolk, by dint of their being forbidden to take on a saffron robe, are religiously seeking advice from the monks on all sorts of stuff from how to get rid of spots or how to stop the husband coming home late at night or what colour should the new car be to... asking for a bloody lucky number.

Saying real monks don't do this is like saying real Thai police don't accept money.

Honestly, I don't know what's worse; self-proclaimed monks or self-proclaimed experts.

Seeking/offering advice and offering future predictions, fortune tellling are 2 very different things, so i do agree with you, i also do not know what is worse, self-proclaimed monks or self proclaimed experts

Edited by Pralaad

I simply assumed that you haven't paid much attention when you are INSIDE the temple.

You quite rudely and wrongly assume that I have never actually been anywhere near one.

That's fine. But by the same token that the unfortunate OP's girlfriend's auntie has solicited advice from a monk, Thai womenfolk, by dint of their being forbidden to take on a saffron robe, are religiously seeking advice from the monks on all sorts of stuff from how to get rid of spots or how to stop the husband coming home late at night or what colour should the new car be to... asking for a bloody lucky number.

Saying real monks don't do this is like saying real Thai police don't accept money.

Honestly, I don't know what's worse; self-proclaimed monks or self-proclaimed experts.

If it makes any difference I have witnessed what you describe - and I was astounded.

I've also witnessed fortune telling in temples and I was equally astounded. There's really nothing you could tell me now about the workings of a Thai temple that would astound me anymore, what with the regular round-up of pedophile monks and the bling-bling helicopter monk that's on the run, among far to many others.

Narrow minded people cling on to their experience grimly - and anything outside of "their experience" has to be derided as "rubbish." It's really quite embarrassing - but they can't see it. They just go muttering away into the corner about how we are all "fools" for not just bowing down to their superior knowledge and intellect.

We would be fools if we did.

So following your extensive knowledge and experience ALL monks are pedophiles and ALL temples are scammerswhistling.gif

You have visited all temples around Thailand and have witnessed all of it and now you know all about itthumbsup.gif

If it makes any difference I have witnessed what you describe - and I was astounded.

I've also witnessed fortune telling in temples and I was equally astounded. There's really nothing you could tell me now about the workings of a Thai temple that would astound me anymore, what with the regular round-up of pedophile monks and the bling-bling helicopter monk that's on the run, among far to many others.

Narrow minded people cling on to their experience grimly - and anything outside of "their experience" has to be derided as "rubbish." It's really quite embarrassing - but they can't see it. They just go muttering away into the corner about how we are all "fools" for not just bowing down to their superior knowledge and intellect.

We would be fools if we did.

So following your extensive knowledge and experience ALL monks are pedophiles and ALL temples are scammerswhistling.gif

You have visited all temples around Thailand and have witnessed all of it and now you know all about itthumbsup.gif

Well you did a similar thing with this

" Real monks in temples do not offer this "service" self proclaimed monks do.

Monks can bless and approve, but they do not offer premonitions.

Ever seen a monk in a temple sitting around chatting to people?"

And yes I have seen monks sitting around chatting to people. Get out into the smaller rural temples and you see it all the time.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And yes I have seen monks sitting around chatting to people. Get out into the smaller rural temples and you see it all the time.

Yes, because i am referring to real monks where real is they key word.

There are real temples and then there are temples.

For example WatChai in Pattaya is a temple, though far from being real, again real being the key word.

Her Aunt was lucky to bump in to the Monk at a Temple - because they are normally all at Tukom ( IT City ) whenever I go there ! All these blessings that take place in the morning and then as soon at IT City open at 11 am you cant move for Monks in there. I don't quite understand how they can afford all these electronic devices, or how they have time to be be playing with them considering all the good will and good work they do for the people ?? To be honest, your post is funny, but on a serious note - you ought to stop all contact with any family members that are in to nonsense beliefs - it's almost impossible to educate them and you will just depress yourself trying.

there's apparently only three Monks-promoted-to-Palm operating around the country.

One of them up North east a bit from DonMuang.

He does the whole Palm-thing full-time, and peoples flock from( that I have met) from as faraway as Amphawa and SiRacha, for his services.

First-Contact and he was able to tell me my life story, including the schizo-Ex &Inever gave him any clues.

My avatar represents what he presented to me on that 1st meeting...

His Links, after his Military service, were linked with Ampawan.

It was only after consultation with him that our marriage hinged upon his read of our numbers

Lucky we matched his what his dhamma outlined...

It would be bad luck for me to sell my missus...

Reminds me of a Huey Lewis song.....

I want a new monk
One that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick

I want a new monk
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

I want a new monk
One that won't spill
One that don't cost too much
Or come in a pill

I want a new monk
One that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day

Wondering what to do
When I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you, baby

I want a new monk
One that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good

I want a new monk
One with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much
Or make my face break out

Wondering what to do
When I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you

Bored... I fold smile.png

I feel a bit like this.

Where did the fun go?

Dunno, shame, isn't it?

Well, I'm touching up a story about my experience here in Rhek Thum with the recently built "coffee shop," and will be posting it after a bit of traveling. Maybe it will be harder to go off topic than something about monks and fortune telling.

Oops, there I go, predicting.

Bidding is closed.

Lots of great comments.

To those who suggested I pay a visit to the monk:

I would, but his name is Khee, and my Thai pronunciation for the word "monk" is often misunderstood, and I feel uncomfortable going to the wat and asking for Monk Khee.

laugh.png

Jokes aside - you don't actually verbal the word 'monk' to the monk.

saying "hello monk" hah - leave that tourists...

you would use the term "hello leung po", or "sawadee (khrap) leung po khee"

or so it has been beaten into me my the missus...

Loungechair experts can please correct me - because this dumb farang always seems to learn only by his mistakes...

I love the fortune teller shenanigans in Thailand. Just keep going to different ones until you get one that foretells what you want them to and BAM every other Thai person will immediately heed your ominous warnings.

I would, but his name is Khee, and my Thai pronunciation for the word "monk" is often misunderstood, and I feel uncomfortable going to the wat and asking for Monk Khee.

nomen est omen = The name is an omen tongue.png

• Like 1

I have taken two Thai girls out of this country. Married both of them, at different times to be sure. Both girls had their families tell them to be careful, I might sell them. Both girls families knew me well and yet both suffered a lot of anxiety over this. I was told its a common cause of concern by older Thai relatives. I guess in the old days this happened occasionally.

There was a popular Thai film about this back in the 1980s - Thai girls being duped into a relationship and then sold abroad in Europe. Can't remember the name, but it's obviously stuck in their consciousness.

Enemy at the gates...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

nomen est omen = The name is an omen tongue.png

Someone got it!

EDIT: The double pun, that is.

Edited by HeijoshinCool
  • Like 1

I have a lazy Bt 5,000 sitting idle in a Bank Account.

But you know that this style Auctions are useless without an attached Media ... whistling.gif

New offer, Sir

David's 5,000 AND my wife as part exchange.

Don't need photo...... I trust your taste.

And don't believe David, he even allows Miss Farm Girl to read his posts on TVF.

She must be a very nice Lady........... still being with him.

Well Costas ... we have an understanding.

She has a rusty fish filleting knife ... and I understand that!

I've been trying to rotate this in the YouTube Editor ... but it hasn't happened.

I'll leave it up for a few days for some fun.

David,

Watching this video, gave me cold shivers down my spine.

I suggest you watch it everyday so you know what will happen to you ......if you deviate.

Unfortunately, my wife watched it also and she said.........for you, my love, It will not be prawns I will be chopping.

We should be declared Martyrs, David,............the things we suffer in their handsw00t.gif

Was the reserve met?

No.

I'll have to try again once in America. Surely I'll get a higher price there.

If she looks anything like the girl in the Post #7 photo, once in the USA she could probably ditch you and get a high price all by herself.

Yes, because i am referring to real monks where real is they key word.

There are real temples and then there are temples.

For example WatChai in Pattaya is a temple, though far from being real, again real being the key word.

Just trying to keep it real here.

And I quote: "South Pattaya’s Wat Chaimongkol has been designated a royal temple, elevating what was once a private monastery in the area’s most important center of worship.

Formally named Wat Chaimongkol Wat Phra Aaramluang, the temple received a royal first-class appointment, denoting it as an honorary royal temple and head institution in the area. Top government and Buddhist officials celebrated the award with the start of a three-day festival Jan. 21 (2013)"
So, there we have it but I guess a first-class royal designation just doesn't hack it for some.
Now, what were you saying about experts and real experts, again real being the key word?

Was the reserve met?

No.

I'll have to try again once in America. Surely I'll get a higher price there.

If she looks anything like the girl in the Post #7 photo, once in the USA she could probably ditch you and get a high price all by herself.

She's looking better too!

post-35874-0-31236500-1404822655_thumb.j

maybe it's higher status was the reason this little farang'n'wifey couldn't get in there in Feb?

wife thought it seemed to be some sort of monastry convention going on, but wasn't sure.

hey! farang had a premonition we weren't going to get to see we wanted to see...

• 2 weeks later...

About 2 years ago I was making plans to meet up with a mate in Phnom Penh.

Having tied down a date that suited both our rotations, I said to my G/F, when I come back next time we go to PP and meet up with Chris.

With a horrified look and an exclamation of " KAMPUCHA ". She says, I not go with you, you SELL me.

She did not go and I never got to the bottom of how she came to the conclusion that I was going to sell her.

Real monks in temples do not offer this "service" self proclaimed monks do.
Oh yes they do.
They do when pressed... I mean how on earth are the going to get rid of the fat old bird worrying about her niece being sold into slavery?
Ever seen a monk in a temple sitting around chatting to people?
Frequently, very frequently. And they give out 'lucky' numbers too.

You need to get out more broaden your temple visit schedule.

Maybe sometimes it would be wise for you to accept what other TV members tell you. My wife and her friend are often told the future by different monks at different temples. Crazy yes, but this is Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand