Mobile tracking

fry30

Hi everyone,

My gf was separate from her son and she got him back few days ago, now the ex bf and the family are trying to localize her and want to stole the son again.

Can they find us from our mobile number? the mobile is the cheapest device on the market, no gps, is it still possible for them to contact AIS and ask where our number is emitting?

I changed my number already but maybe there is a historic of the calls we made to them and they can ask AIS where each calls were made.

Thanks for your very helpful answers, you didn't wast your time by answering...

There is no need for a lawyer for now, if they stole the son again probably she will take one, and yes I will advise my gf, because that's my gf, what kind of person would not?

anyway I haven't ask anyone anything about this, I was asking about the cell phone location possibility.

If it's not a smart phone shouldn't really be a problem. However, your naive if you think this situation might get better. Who has custody of the child? If that has not been decided by a court, you should be getting a lawyer sharpshooter, and filing police reports.

AIS will probably not release the information but yes the phone can be tracked, even it is switched off, if the battery is still inside. Although it can only be tracked to the closet masts, by triangulation it is possible to get an approximate fix. Even if you change the SIM it can be tracked if they know the IMEI number of the phone.

In any other country this would require the Police with a Court order.

If you are genuinely worried and think they have the contacts then charge the phone up, put it on silent and either out it on a train or put it in the post to the other end of the country.

Then go and buy a new phone with a new sim and never call any numbers associated with the people you have a problem with. Not them, their friends, or anyone with a connection.

For historic call they can tell which mast was accessed.

SDM

PS this post will self delete in 15 seconds

Edited by SDM0712

no decision has been made about the custody but Thai law are in favor of the mother. Now we don't want them to know our location anyway, for our own safety. As I said the trial will come in time.

Now could we be back to my question?

no decision has been made about the custody but Thai law are in favor of the mother. Now we don't want them to know our location anyway, for our own safety. As I said the trial will come in time.

Now could we be back to my question?

Answered.

SDM

many calls has been made, now everything is blocked and I can throw the mobile far from here but I guess we are screwed anyway if they can access to the historic

SDM thanks for your answer

No problem, but to do what I have described they would need serious connections and money. Anyone other than the Police doing it would be breaking the Law.

If you're worried remove the battery and the phone will stop sending a maintenance transmission.

SDM

many calls has been made, now everything is blocked and I can throw the mobile far from here but I guess we are screwed anyway if they can access to the historic

Again, I feel we are in the realms of 007, but if you send it somewhere and you really think they can track it, then they will think you are somewhere else. Put it on a bus to Laos or Hat Hai. Just leave it on!

how do the get the IMEI number? I was thinking to go somewhere else, call them with my old sim card, then come back and switch for a new one but if there is any risk I will just throw away the mobile phone.

if some small-fry mafia-like wannabee family has enough punch to be able to locate your exact location, then it would have been a piece of cake for the Infinitely more powerful world govts to be able to find an airliner full of mobiles...

... I don't think you have to much to worry about you little mobile

Bribing neighbours to expose you - well that's a different matter...

• Like 1

how do the get the IMEI number? I was thinking to go somewhere else, call them with my old sim card, then come back and switch for a new one but if there is any risk I will just throw away the mobile phone.

Try entering *#06# on the handset, or look on the box it came in.

When the phone makes a call the handset will declare the SIM card details and the IMEI to the network. It is possible the network will log the association. So don't mix a new sim in the old phone. Keep it all separate.

S

Edited by SDM0712

if some small-fry mafia-like wannabee family has enough punch to be able to locate your exact location, then it would have been a piece of cake for the Infinitely more powerful world govts to be able to find an airliner full of mobiles......

Unfortunately the power of a mobile telephone transmitter is not that different from a flight data recorder beacon (black box). Usually around a maximum of 5 miles. So if they can't pick up one, they won't pick up the other. I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure that multiple signals in close proximity do not lend strength to another.

S

Thanks for your very helpful answers, you didn't wast your time by answering...

There is no need for a lawyer for now, if they stole the son again probably she will take one, and yes I will advise my gf, because that's my gf, what kind of person would not?

anyway I haven't ask anyone anything about this, I was asking about the cell phone location possibility.

well said you beat me to it

if.... ....of mobiles......

Unfortunately the power of a mobile telephone transmitter is not that different from a flight data recorder beacon (black box). Usually around a maximum of 5 miles. So if they can't pick up one, they won't pick up the other. I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure that multiple signals in close proximity do not lend strength to another.

S

now I've never done this myself, but let's say I was stranded in the centre of Australia, way outside any chance of Mobile coverage...

... I can dial 000, and it will get through ( the same goes for 911 / 991 etc - depending what country you're in.

The mobile signal is picked up via satellite. Apparently this algorithm is available if a phone is not connecting with it's Service - whether that be network signal level 0, or the phone is even out of it's Contract.

We had an Army truck accident years ago, way way out of range of any tower network, but the 000 (actually a 991 in malaysia) went through...

if.... ....of mobiles......

S

now I've never done this myself, but let's say I was stranded in the centre of Australia, way outside any chance of Mobile coverage...

... I can dial 000, and it will get through ( the same goes for 911 / 991 etc - depending what country you're in.

The mobile signal is picked up via satellite. Apparently this algorithm is available if a phone is not connecting with it's Service - whether that be network signal level 0, or the phone is even out of it's Contract.

We had an Army truck accident years ago, way way out of range of any tower network, but the 000 (actually a 991 in malaysia) went through...

Never heard of that, but don't doubt you. But I think the point was you actioned the call rather then the 'phone realising there was a problem and attempting to call for help. Mobile 'phones in an aeroplane at the bottom of the sea would still need someone to make the call. Having said that if the 'plane is at the bottom of the sea and the batteries are still in them the circuits on the ' phones would probably be fried anyway.

Also, I'm pretty sure a mobile phone handset can only transmit for about 5 miles, maybe 10. Any satellite would be at an altitude of at least 200 miles. Are you sure these weren't satellite phones ?

I know if you dial 112 on a phone it will connect to the emergency services in any country that you are in, whether the sim is in service or not, on any available network, and even if there is no sim in the phone. But definitely only to terrestrial based cell towers.

S

Edited by SDM0712