Honda Click or Yamaha Nouvo?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Honda scooter and if I was buying a new one, from those 2 bikes then I would choose the Nouvo. No problems with my Honda at all, it's great. Two rear shocks on the Nouvo can help a lot or the larger 'farang'. I've read the click seems a little faster but I doubt there's much difference. Nouvo looks nicer for sure. At that level of bike it should really come down to which one you like the look of the best.

Rent them both and see which you prefer.

• Like 1

Go test ride both of them and decide for yourself, maybe you want a smaller nimbler Click but the Nouvo is a bigger and better bike IMO.

Bigger wheels make a big difference in potholed Thailand.

All Hondas (cars or bikes) are overpriced compared to other Japanese brands.

All the Japanese brands make solid and reliable bikes, but the other brands are often a better value because they get less love in Thailand.

If you want a decent deal get a Suzuki; they really get no love here but I'm sure the bikes perform just as well as a Honda or Yamaha.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

Honda is very over-rated by some. Yamaha has the quality , looks , size , good susspension and good resale value

i think you are stating the facts about Honda not yamaha as Yamaha has the opposite of these.

less resale value, various problems, etc. looks are subjective too.

honda click 125 has that shuddering problem though but if you ride it fast a bit, it disappears people suggest here.

• Like 2

The shudering / jerking problem with Hondas may be drive belt dust in the variator drum , or on the rollers. As you say a quick blast - or a good clean out with an airline will sort it. Looks wise , yes , depends what you like , but i was more refering to the lower general quality and value of the Honda.

I stopped buying Honda's because of the crap warranty that would not rectify the faults. Noisy valves, noisy clutch, sticking gears, after 6 months.. The dealer (s) said they all have the same problems, even showed me others with the same problems to get rid of me.

Haven't had any problems with my Yamaha Mio-110 , or 125 in 2 years.

stubuzz , some people claim that Honda often has better dealers than others , but when the problems are the result of the poor quality of the bike components (from China ? ) and poor assembely standards in India / Brazil etc then the problems arent as easy to fix - other than buying the Yamaha.

stubuzz , some people claim that Honda often has better dealers than others , but when the problems are the result of the poor quality of the bike components (from China ? ) and poor assembely standards in India / Brazil etc then the problems arent as easy to fix - other than buying the Yamaha.

It is not some people. Around 70 percent of motorbike buyers in Thailand and majority around the world!

So you assume, you are one of the clever 30 percent which Yamaha holds maybe 20 percent of it?laugh.png

That poor quality you mention? Where?

But check that mio and finos from couple of years before. They go for 15 k thb!

And thread is about recommendations. You are free to buy a Yamaha nuovo if you find Honda lesser quality.

Let the OP decide it by himself.

Edited by ll2

They are two different class of bikes with the YNE much better for two people. I've had both and the YNE is simply a better bike. YNE relegated to the back-up bike with a new PCX . Click sold.

• Like 1

If the OP is still reading this? Carburetor versions of the Nuovo 135 seem to have problems starting after being left for a few days. There have been a couple of threads on here about that.

• Like 1

jackcorbett , that is about the most accurate write-up i have had the pleasure to read.You summed up the "extensive cheapening of Honda"as the root of Hondas fall from grace , and this is due (and has been for about 7 years) to "Honda" making very few "Hondas" nowadays , as most are made in India and Brazil - using components from China etc.Such a shame as they were so good but i couldnt recomend anyone buying them now. EDIT - any starting problems with any bike will be helped by using good fresh fuel such as Shell E10 or Nitro.No E20.

Edited by nigel jeffrey

Its not just that the Nouvo is better than the Click - its that Yamaha's in general (and many other makes) are better than Honda's. Honda still has the most dealers , due to them selling their bikes for sale longer than anyone else , and it knows how to woe potential customers with its open days and its very convincing PR machine. Other companies need to do the same and attract new buyers into their showrooms. Once there , they will see how much better than Honda they are.

Now that the gloves are off, I also confirm the Nouvo is a different tier above a Click.

I've ridden both and it is a noticable difference how much better the Nouvo feels going over big ruts and bumps and at high speed.

I've ridden the NE135 at 90-110kmh from Pattaya to BKK; you would never do that on a Click, its too sketchy at high speed.

I know this because I had to constantly slow down as my friend was following me on his Click.

It's true, the carb model NE135 takes many tries to flush out the old gas and start.

I've owned several bikes and cars that were carb'ed and they were harder to start if left for many days.

I would definitely buy fuel injection unless the used carb'ed bike is a really great deal.

In the last 5 years I've grown to hate Honda as a company because they are too proud.

The MSRP for a Ruckus 49cc was $2200 in the US 5 years ago!

Still, I will defend their products to an extent.

I've had a CBR600F4i, Ruckus49, CT70, and Z50.

They were all great bikes with great build quality, but they were all made in Japan.

I've also had Thai made DTX250, NE135, and now Tricity and find the quality similar.

I pretty much lump all modern Japanese cars and bikes into 1 reliable category; it's just that Honda tends to charge more and offer less which annoys me.

My Tricity costs the same as a PCX, but it has 30% more bike IMO.

The majority follows the crowd, and the crowd here loves Honda.

Honda does make great cars (although priced higher than other Japanese) and that reputation probably helps them sell bikes.

If BMW or Mercedes sold 60,000THB bikes, Honda would not be #1 anymore.

• Like 1

this looks like a pissing on honda thread!

and looks funny toolaugh.png

funny comments:

1- Honda will be selling a lot less bike within 7 years!!! ( that is why Honda's market share is climbing every years in a row!)

2- Honda is charging more but delivers less!!!

3- Yamaha offers a better value!!!

blah blah blah!

That is why 7 out of 10 bikes you see on roads here are Honda! SO you guys say, all these people are stupid? You think they dont realize the quality between these brands? guys, Thai people are riding scooters and small bikes when your moms were changing your pampers! Sure they know some about bikes.

again that is why honda is the biggest motorcycle manufacturer on Earth!

That is why even my 11 years old Honda wave 125 is going for a higher price than a two years old fino or nuovo!

Braces in chassis means maybe a poor metallurgy or design so that is why braces are needed for yamaha?

Please be objective guys, you might mislead people here just bc you guys own a yamaha that cannot start in the mornings after a weekwhistling.gif

i rode a yamaha nuovo 135 and click 125 too so can write my opinions. click is better on engine, brakes, chassis, dynamics.

and yes, i owned many other brands in my life including yamaha. Actually my first geared bike was a yamaha!

man, c'mon. what are you defending here? yamaha or kawasaki or whatever is better than Honda? if you feel that way, in a free market and world, you can go buy whatever brand you like.

is ninja 250 is a better bike than honda cbr250? sure it is as it is 60 k more expensive than honda. but is it any better in city or at inclines?

yeah, sure just bc you are a farang and where you come from has a space program - like you worked on that! - are you smarter than Thais? your mom was changing your pampers when Thai were riding small cubs so sure they know a thing or two about bikes especially the small ones.

and why did you come here to the land of no space or military program and full of stupid people/customers with your terms at the first place? What are you looking for here? To enlighten Thai people about how shit Honda is or to start a space program?

People buy Honda here and elsewhere bc they last longer, they are reliable, lots of dealers everywhere therefore it is a good value.

yes, corollo is the best car for some as it is cheap to buy and repair and last forever but a Ferrari?

yes, TESCO can be the best place to go shopping if it is 500 meters away from your home, same as McDonald.

There are many factor for a product to be the best or worst, not only spec sheet, numbers or your hard feelings my friend!

"Honda has the longest history here and the most dealers and the highest reputation; but that doesn't mean they are the best"

​so, why do you think Honda has the highest reputation and dealers around?

because, their bikes are sh.t?

ll2, are you Thai?; sorry if I offended you.

The only things I am defending is a Nouvo is better than a Click (opinion) and independent thinking.

No I have never worked in a space program so please feel free to call me an idiot.

• Like 2

The reason some people bought Hondas (when "Honda made them) years ago was because its all that was available ! Other manufactrers came to sell bikes in Thailand much later on , and didnt produce them here , when Honda did. That is why there are more Hondas. If the first bike sold in Thailand , years before anything else , was a Lifan , then everyone would be riding around on Lifans. Would you then try to claim Lifans are the best ?.Just because there are lots of Hondas running only means they sold more before other companies started selling their bikes. As you say , if Tesco is 500 around the corner , you shop there - its whats available . ttakata wasnt calling Thais stupid - if you are Thai may i say your English language skill is superb , im still strugling with Thai (and English).As a engineer of many years , I still believe any "Honda" (made by who-ever , using parts from where-ever) made in the last 7 or 8 years is about 30-40% overpriced for the quality they now offer.