Scoot,cheap prices

"As for Aussie, Gold coast not bad ,but the rest of it up to Cairns and beyond all over hyped rubbish"

Yeah, depends what you like. If you like built up environments you'll probably like the Gold Coast - think wall-to-wall condos and lots of traffic on a 30km-or-so stretch of beach. It attracts the type of Oz tourist that also go to Kuta beach on Bali. Great for families though, there are several theme parks and plenty of other distractions.

OOL airport is right on the NSW border, at the south end of the Gold Coast - the planes actually touch down in one state and cross the border whilst slowing down. So northern NSW is an option if you prefer the more natural settings. Some nice spots around there - Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Ballina etc..

Edited by moojar
  • Like 1

Flown with them twice. First time the aircraft arrived 5 hours late, missed the Singapore connection, so had to overnight in Singapore, SCOOT could'nt have cared less, many passengers expecting to connect to Europe missed flights. So much for cheap flights !

Second time, after paying extra to get my suitcase forwarded through at Singapore, to save any problems, the airline lost my case at Singapore, i had to wait in Bangkok for 5 days until it was located. Once again, SCOOT could'nt have cared less. So much once again, for cheap flights.

My advice to those using SCOOT is be very careful as they will not give you any assistance. I now realise that "Cheap" really means "Chancy" you may or you may not be lucky, its really a gamble. If you are going on to a European connection, best to go a day early as you might not catch your flight with SCOOT.

Flown with them twice. First time the aircraft arrived 5 hours late, missed the Singapore connection, so had to overnight in Singapore, SCOOT could'nt have cared less, many passengers expecting to connect to Europe missed flights. So much for cheap flights !

Second time, after paying extra to get my suitcase forwarded through at Singapore, to save any problems, the airline lost my case at Singapore, i had to wait in Bangkok for 5 days until it was located. Once again, SCOOT could'nt have cared less. So much once again, for cheap flights.

My advice to those using SCOOT is be very careful as they will not give you any assistance. I now realise that "Cheap" really means "Chancy" you may or you may not be lucky, its really a gamble. If you are going on to a European connection, best to go a day early as you might not catch your flight with SCOOT.

Funny really almost every passenger on the plane stated it was finest airline they have ever flown with....not.

Think I was lucky, delayed the Sing to BKK by an hour to avoid a horde of passengers dossing on Changi floor.

Funny really almost every passenger on the plane stated it was finest airline they have ever flown with....not.

Think I was lucky, delayed the Sing to BKK by an hour to avoid a horde of passengers dossing on Changi floor.

As they say in my local church .........."Up to you" giggle.gif