Cheap fun in Thailand

thailiketoo

Cheap and fun although I easily tire of it, is when I am waiting for her indoors to finish shopping at the big stores and can have a serious look at the mix of wonderful and varied types of people that congregate there.

Only this morning as it happens I was waiting at Big C Pattaya upstairs in the cafe largely taken over by the French brigade at the range of beautiful girls, ladies and those of the third gender whilst having my banana shake.

I am the same when I am in the Airport main concourse waiting for a flight, just looking and wondering what are the back grounds of all these different folk and where do they come from.

The topic is about cheap fun in Thailand, well it doesn't come any cheaper than free does it but then again as I remember when I was a lad we had a great time in rag arsed trowsers and plimsolls kicking a footie about .

They do say the best things in life are free though but maybe that doesn't apply to Pattaya eh?

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Relatively Thailand is still cheap, hotels are cheap and good value. I've been travelling g the last week, with some holiday and also work.

Domestic flights are still good value other than on my route to Bangkok, but that's as it is a Bangkok Airway only route. Can still eat out cheap, movies cheap, taxis are cheap. I can fill my car up with petrol for just over 2000 baht that's cheap.

I live overlooking the sea and five minutes from a nice beach, can hang out the for next to nothing other tan a few plates of food and a few drinks.

The list goes on to be honest, although you can pay premium prices to in some places.

Interesting that you place food and accommodation in the FUN category.

What a boring life you must have.

I don't concern myself about a relative of my girlfriends, fell off his bike after a dog ran out, so I must be missing out on something.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You could also get one of these for the beach and instead of looking for buried treasures surreptitiously record the girls' conversations.

beach-metal-detecting.jpg

I'd just want the hat, don't need the metal detector thingy.

Wouldn't necessarily need a beach either.........................tongue.png

Having a health check at the hospital is your idea of fun..... oh right yeah, prostate!

I think it is more to do with taking pictures of the nurses without permission than having the doc jam a finger up his bum.

Edited by Spoonman

Having a health check at the hospital is your idea of fun..... oh right yeah, prostate!

I think it is more to do with taking pictures of the nurses without permission than having the doc jam a finger up his bum.

I suggested taking photos at the talat knot or delat not which are temporary markets that anyone living in Thailand would know about and they don't have any prohibitive signs about taking photos. I really don't think taking candid shots of nurses in the hospital would be a good idea without asking them.

Although I'm sure there are those would enjoy almost anything I really had in mind cholesterol screening and heart checks by way of blood pressure or stress tests and things like that.

Taking pictures in shopping malls might be great cheap fun aside from the fact that most shopping malls have a graphic sign at the entrance No Cameras

no-cameras-signs-decals.jpg

Kinda surprising! I personally dont know of of anyone who dont possess a camera phone and dont take it around wherever they go.

If people took this sign seriously, the Mall would get no customers at all.

One of the better and cheaper things to do in Thailand is to Thai watch--sure girls, but also children and adults. I particularly like the ice skating rinks in the new Festival Malls. Good for a few laughs, enjoyed with a beer or coffee.

... rolleyes.gif

P3140273CLR_zps243c873c.jpg

• Like 1

OP, seems to me, you are too much into watching young girls go by.

Yes, this is a cheap way to entertain yourself, the problem is when you get them starts getting expensive,

Anyway, how can I complain, this country gives me so many things I can afford on my measly pension.

Even got a new shirt from Pratunam, the other day.......99Baht.

Let's hope the Baht keeps going down, so I can buy some underwear next time.

Just reverse your underwear a few times & you'll be fine

Yes, this is a cheap way to entertain yourself, the problem is when you get them starts getting expensive,

Anyway, how can I complain, this country gives me so many things I can afford on my measly pension.

Just reverse your underwear a few times & you'll be fine

A great idea, thank you.

I should include it on my thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/739761-some-great-ideas/

Short and tan and young and lovely the girl from Pattaya goes walking and when she passes each one she passes goes ahhh.

If you'd have been to Ipanema I don't think you'd be saying aaah to the girls on Pattaya beach, it's no contest.

The ferries to Koh Larn and Koh Sichang are quite cheap. The one to Koh Sichang can be quite interesting as it makes it way between the oil tankers and container vessels.

In Bangkok you can go a long way on the river for a few baht. Nice bar at pier 10 overlooking the river.

Quite a spectacular Chinese temple at Ang Sila, free to look around, you don't get much cheaper than that.

Where the frig does cheap health care come into it? Something like, "Jeez, I got a clean bill of health but radiation therapy at the university is such a deal that I could not resist going and getting nuked for a couple of sessions!"

Ok. Sorry.

Thats kinda creepy that you like to take vids whilst pretending to be on the phone.

Most of the great photographs taken in the world are candid. Taken by a photographer the captures people doing what they normally do while not being posed. Great photography is a photo or a video that is not posed and phony and staged. I find you creepy for trying to flame me.

Allow to state this much if I caught you clandestinely taking video of me, you would find your telephone inserted very deep into your nether regions

define clandestinely, candid is allowed as long its in public, open places...

Cheap fun;

taking your time with a cop who wants to give you a ticket...

pretending you are misunderstanding him ;-)

walking with your wife and flirting with other girls...

Asking a sales girl, how much items you have to purchase to get an 100% discount...

Tell the sales girl, you'r not really interested to buy, but you are so shy and could not resist to her appearance...

Cheap and fun although I easily tire of it, is when I am waiting for her indoors to finish shopping at the big stores and can have a serious look at the mix of wonderful and varied types of people that congregate there.

Only this morning as it happens I was waiting at Big C Pattaya upstairs in the cafe largely taken over by the French brigade at the range of beautiful girls, ladies and those of the third gender whilst having my banana shake.

I am the same when I am in the Airport main concourse waiting for a flight, just looking and wondering what are the back grounds of all these different folk and where do they come from.

The topic is about cheap fun in Thailand, well it doesn't come any cheaper than free does it but then again as I remember when I was a lad we had a great time in rag arsed trowsers and plimsolls kicking a footie about .

They do say the best things in life are free though but maybe that doesn't apply to Pattaya eh?

You were having your "what" in Big C ?

You were having your "what" in Big C ?

Just for you here is a clue.

Banana-Pineapple-Smoothie.jpg

newbies think its cheap and some things are , but back in the 80s it was seriously cheap and compared with then its not any more

And tomorrow willbe compared to today. Oh how cheap was 8th of July 2014 compared to 9th of July 2014.

Can't keep comparing old times. The world is ever changing and dynamic.

Although I'm sure there are those would enjoy almost anything I really had in mind cholesterol screening and heart checks by way of blood pressure or stress tests and things like that.

Whoop-dee-doo, that sounds like great fun! :D

... rolleyes.gif

P3140273CLR_zps243c873c.jpg

Excellent photo. Almost bankable even.

• Like 1