Cheap fun in Thailand

thailiketoo

Thats kinda creepy that you like to take vids whilst pretending to be on the phone.

Most of the great photographs taken in the world are candid. Taken by a photographer the captures people doing what they normally do while not being posed. Great photography is a photo or a video that is not posed and phony and staged. I find you creepy for trying to flame me.

Many of the greatest photographers in the world did not do candids. What is candid about a Weston or Ansel Adams? great surrealist photos from Max Ernst and Bill Brandt, totally staged. Yousef Karsh, famous portraitist, totally staged. Many more examples. I'm not flaming, don't know what your imagery is like, just pointing

out the use of the word "most" in your post makes it an arguable statement.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheap fun?

Grabbing a couple of badminton racquets and playing with the moo baan kids.

Hopping on the scooter and heading up some road I haven't been on with cameras in tow.

Sitting in the shade with a novel and heading into the house for a beer every 30 pages or so.

Making some food from scratch because you either can't get it here or it's too expensive.(especially Mexican)

newbies think its cheap and some things are , but back in the 80s it was seriously cheap and compared with then its not any more

Newbies think it was cheap in the 80's but back in the 60's it was seriously cheap. I mean like I got beer and liquor and wine and cigarettes free (Military).

Thats kinda creepy that you like to take vids whilst pretending to be on the phone.

Most of the great photographs taken in the world are candid. Taken by a photographer the captures people doing what they normally do while not being posed. Great photography is a photo or a video that is not posed and phony and staged. I find you creepy for trying to flame me.

Many of the greatest photographers in the world did not do candids. What is candid about a Weston or Ansel Adams? great surrealist photos from Max Ernst and Bill Brandt, totally staged. Yousef Karsh, famous portraitist, totally staged. Many more examples. I'm not flaming, don't know what your imagery is like, just pointing

When I was a kid I worked at a busy photography shop. We checked every photo we processed (looking for good ones biggrin.png). It was about 99 to 1 candid as opposed to staged. We did a lot of pros to and they would shoot 100 to get one good one. Most of the military ones were candid. Except for the generals and those guys who act out landings three or four times to get good shots. When I think of a great photograph I think of ones that changed the world. Monks immolating and things like that. Google, "Worlds most famous photograph" 90% candid?

When I was a kid I worked at a busy photography shop. We checked every photo we processed (looking for good ones biggrin.png). It was about 99 to 1 candid as opposed to staged. We did a lot of pros to and they would shoot 100 to get one good one. Most of the military ones were candid. Except for the generals and those guys who act out landings three or four times to get good shots. When I think of a great photograph I think of ones that changed the world. Monks immolating and things like that. Google, "Worlds most famous photograph" 90% candid?

Both of us are getting off topic but...

I'm only suggesting that dismissing artists who pose or stage photos is wrong. Many fine works are set up.

If your idea is a great photo must be photojournalism and 100% truth then you'll have your view. You'll think the greats like Henri Bresson are better than the greats like Ansel Adams. I think they are both stunning artists.

Modern photographic art has many conceptual and posed, staged etc fantastic images.

This is so subjective. I am a huge admirer of the photojournalistic approach,. I was only suggesting you were dismissing another valid segment. Even landscapes are staged.

Edited by duanebigsby

Both of us are getting off topic but...

I'm only suggesting that dismissing artists who pose or stage photos is wrong. Many fine works are set up.

If your idea is a great photo must be photojournalism and 100% truth then you'll have your view. You'll think the greats like Henri Bresson are better than the greats like Ansel Adams. I think they are both stunning artists.

Modern photographic art has many conceptual and posed, staged etc fantastic images.

This is so subjective. I am a huge admirer of the photojournalistic approach,. I was only suggesting you were dismissing another valid segment. Even landscapes are staged.

I was suggesting taking photos of people for free and not using staged models. Last I checked models charged a bunch of money. Thailand has few professional models anyway checking the on line modeling sites.

Edited by thailiketoo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP, seems to me, you are too much into watching young girls go by.
Yes, this is a cheap way to entertain yourself, the problem is when you get them starts getting expensive,
Anyway, how can I complain, this country gives me so many things I can afford on my measly pension.
Even got a new shirt from Pratunam, the other day.......99Baht.
Let's hope the Baht keeps going down, so I can buy some underwear next time.

Just reverse your underwear a few times & you'll be fine

And if you turn them inside out you can start the whole process again. Should last you at least a couple of weeks

OOPS I forgot to add to the discussion. I like to grab a couple of cans or bottles of beverage and head over to beach road and watch the antics of the fat German thong wearing men and women strutting their stuff. Most amusing. Yes I’m certifiable and proud of it. 555555.

After that of course you have quite an amazing sunset to look forward to.

Den

Edited by denby45

OOPS I forgot to add to the discussion. I like to grab a couple of cans or bottles of beverage and head over to beach road and watch the antics of the fat German thong wearing men and women strutting their stuff. Most amusing. Yes I’m certifiable and proud of it. 555555.

After that of course you have quite an amazing sunset to look forward to.

Den

Wading/swimming/picnicking alongside a waterfall. Very cheap if the rest of your family is Thai, and/or you have a Thai driver's license (considering that most waterfalls are in national parks).