How early can I visit immigration for extension stamp?

I currently have a double entry visa and I'm still on my first one.

I need to get my first 30-day extension stamp at immigration by 9th August, so was just wondering when I could go to get the stamp.

Also, if I went on something like the 15th July would my visa still be vaild until 9th September so the 30 days is added onto the end of the 2 months?

Thanks

You can do it up to 30 days before your permit to stay ends (not visa).

The extension will start at the end of your permit to stay,

Remember that you must use the 2nd prior to the use before date on your visa.

• Like 2

Thank you for the feedback.

Just to clarify (because I'm kind of stupid) I could:

Get my extension stamp any time after 9th July even though it's due 9th August and it would be dated 9th September.

I'd then need to leave and come back in before 9th September to activate second entry?

(I just put 9th to make it easier to understand and I know it might drop to 8th then 7th, but I will do everything a week early to stay on the safe side.)

The extension is added to the original 60 days, so ou don't lose any days by applying early.

But you have to keep the validity of the visa itself in mind. Your second entry must be made before the end of the validity of the visa itself! That is often 3 months or 6 months from applying for the visa itself and depends on the consulate where you apply. In Laos you only get a validity of 3 months!

• Like 1