Why you should wear Leather Boots

brfsa2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a short boot I love my Alpinestars SMX-1 boots (there's a new version, and you can still find the excellent previous version at great prices).

For a full boot, the SMX-6 are nice but might be overkill for you- Panda Rider has some TCX boots at decent prices (many less than 10K)- I haven't owned a pair, but the reviews are very good.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm looking for Water-resistant boots. I think Panda-Rider must have some.

With steal around of course will be good. This boot is ditched already.

The guy stopped, I called him to come look at the results, he said sorry, then I just left to continue the journey, nothing else to say. his bike was probably worth 5K.

just another experience learned. cant trust bad gear, and other drivers. I got saved by this amazingly thick leather boots.

dont trust blind spot in stopped traffic, in Thailand this is so common.

cheers

Edited by brfsa2
  • Like 2

sorry for it. still, fortunately, you were wearing leather boots!

it is erawan waterfall i think.

brfsa, i seen some discounted Dainese boots - gore tex and not hardcore spaceship trooper ones - 5900 thb. really good. not many left so hurry on.

also Panda rider always has some discount on boots. seen some nice TCX casual boots for good price as well.

Edited by ll2

Nice waterfalls!

I bought some CAT boots just like those last month.

3k from Robinsons in one of the malls, and they had size 12US in stock.

I wear CAT boots when I'm not riding with my track gear. The steel caps are great for no bruised toes from slung up rocks & debris (amongst other scenarios) from vehicles going in the opposite direction. :)

Many years ago when I was into big bikes I found cowboy boots did the job. Regular applications of Dubbin kept them reasonably waterproof and no zips constantly failing where your ankle flexes.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A good leather shop could probably mend that rip for you. A "scar" would add to the rugged beauty and utility of your otherwise still serviceable, broke-in, paid-for boots.

Good thing you weren't traveling in the preferred Thai cycle footwear---flip flops.

• Like 1

You buy boots that are just as durable without enslaving, torturing and murdering animals.

How do you know that the boots werent made from a cow that died from natural causes, like a terible desease and it suffered teribly before it died ...... naturaly

Pathetic

• Like 1

You buy boots that are just as durable without enslaving, torturing and murdering animals.

before that you can advice people not to eat meat maybe?

and advise it to the lions in the wild to be vegan as well by not murdering other animals!

> before that you can advice people not to eat meat maybe?

Guess kenny would like you to stop eating animals as well smile.png

> and advise it to the lions in the wild to be vegan as well by not murdering other animals!

Next time i see lions in the wild i will tell them. But this may take a while sad.png

ll2, thinking about the ethical aspects of our daily living and doing cannot be wrong. Kenny has a good point. I like that.

I agree with him too wantan.

But just saying, before coming to the leather of boots, there are more important things starting by not eating meat. If you eat a steak for lunch and then coming here complaining about the leather of boots, it is not good.

Also i believe vegetables have a soul too!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

At the end of the day I'm against slavery, torture and murder. I don't agree with inflicting pain on sentient beings. If you guys are, then cool. I'm just saying, there is a way to still have great food and clothing without being a part of the cruelty and brutality.

So what should I wear instead of leathers when riding?

• Like 1

For a short boot I love my Alpinestars SMX-1 boots (there's a new version, and you can still find the excellent previous version at great prices).

For a full boot, the SMX-6 are nice but might be overkill for you- Panda Rider has some TCX boots at decent prices (many less than 10K)- I haven't owned a pair, but the reviews are very good.

Where are these purchased?

Where are these purchased?

As I noted, Panda Rider in BKK has the TCX line- The Paddock carries Alpinestars. I actually got my SMX-1 boots via eBay from the States (even with shipping to LOS they were a good deal), but you can find them locally.

Here's the link to the Panda Rider website:

http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_Boots_TCX.htm

Wow- I can't recall another thread where we were trolled by a tree-hugger- nice!wink.png

My Sidi Vortice boots are made of Lorica, which is synthetic leather.smile.png

Does anyone else detect a whiff of patchouli in the air...?

What's the chances of something like this eh?

A biking forum....discussing boots....A vegan somehow finds the topic

& goes off on a rant facepalm.gif

Not unlike the cage drivers who show up every so often to tell us we will shoot our eye

out if we ride bikes in LOS

• Like 2

I wear caterpillar style work boots with steel toe caps, I've seen many people in hospital that lost toes and it looks horrifically painful

I don't wear gloves though, I tried it once and don't like the feeling of them unless it's a few hundred km journey where sunburned hands would hurt like hell tomorrow