Language-Learning App Opportunity

BenTR

Hi all,

4 weeks ago I was approached by a foreigner living in Thailand with a language-learning app-idea for South-east asian countries, based on monthly subscription and live voice chatting. He employed me and my team of programmers to look into the server-side requirements and start developing the iOS app.

However, when time came to pay me for work done, he suddenly stopped communicating. Through a friend of mine who also knows this guy, he claimed that his Thai partner in the project stole all the money in the bankaccount and that he is now unable to pay me. (typical...)

Of course, I didn't give him the nearly-finished iOS app nor any of the coding we did, he just saw it working on my iPhone and he was actually excited about it working so well.

Now the thing is; the business idea itself was actually quite good and I think it will work. Since I don't trust the foreigner who employed me to follow up on his commitments to me, I am looking for the following:

- somebody with contacts in the teacher-training or language-learning business to help give the project an initial boost and momentum in south-east asian countries

- somebody looking to make an investment to get this project off the ground. Most initial expenses would be for the server, and finishing up the iOS app and to promote and make the first sales.

Myself, I am from Europe. An IT project manager with a few programmers that I employ. I already manage a range of iOS and Android apps. So I have some projects already that I am running myself and I am not looking for a full-time new project. I am able to finish this project and explain the business idea to those interested - for a minority share. I actually haven't spent too much time in this myself, I'm just seeing the potential here for future growth and I am naturally annoyed with the foreigner for just cutting off contact with me and not explaining himself and his situation honestly.

So feel free to PM me for more info. As I said I can demonstrate the iOS app and explain the essence of this business idea to people willing and able to develop the business.

Edited by BenTR

Just a thought...There are already a ton of free language apps, so it's unlikely that a lot of people in developing SE Asian countries are going to download and pay for it enough to make a sizable profit from the money invested.

Have you considered contacting other language centers to see if they have an interest in this product? B2B.

Perhaps you could present this as add-on product or as a lead generator for an existing language learning center.

Of course you would need to white label it so that it looks like its their own app.

You could rent it to them to complement their existing products. You could stay on the development end and earn recurring profits from renting the app. They would have more faith in a developer EU than having to work with a Thai or Indian developer. At the very least could make a small income from in-app advertising.

• 2 weeks later...

"They would have more faith in a developer EU than having to work with a Thai or Indian developer"

Plain utter bullsh*t !

A lot of "European" software is actually developed and written in India. The customers may have more faith in Europeans, that's why the sales offices are in Europe.

No, I don't know anything about that industry. I am just speculating.

Why am I replying to this troll... Anyhow..

1) Do you actually believe that investors would PREFER Indian or Thai developer over this EU developer? Really? Why don't you get some code written by them? See how far that will get you.

It's not that complicated.

Just read the post before making comments that makes you look like you have no idea about what you're commenting on.

"They would have more faith in a developer EU than having to work with a Thai or Indian developer"

Plain utter bullsh*t !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by rakshell

• 5 months later...