Yingluck's lawyer petitions for justice again

webfact

That is of scant relevance to the interest of the international community in the way the Yingluck matter is handled. Thailand wants to avoid more bad press ....it needs to be seen to do the right thing, regardless of any criticism of Yingluck's performance as an administrator.

Sorry but you just did hit a nerve when you spoke about transparency and fairness, when we did not get it during her government why would we feel she deserves it now? but the fact is she has had the time, look up the events leading up to this.

The topic is not about Yingluck going international, it's about her stalling for time, only a few on TVF have your view, why not most ???

Frankly, I would be paying more attention to the views of the international community , in some ways made clear already, rather than the (majority) of posters on TVF . Many on this forum appear to live in self-imposed exile/vacuum , without the remotest understanding of how the rest of the world views events such as these.

Oh sure, most of us reside out here, and the heat has sent us silly in the head ??? your few it has not affected.

Quite possibly, yes. There might be other explanations. I'm open-minded

I am afraid prbk you are too open minded.

That last remaining brain cell escaped!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like a lot of you don't got a clue

We get only one way information from the dictators

And she was under pressure from Suthep and the army for more than 6 month

She was properly unable of checking many things incl the rice under these terms

As far as I can se the army fool only do himself honer pay rice farmers before he knows the facts of who actually did place the right amount of rice as they said and then he can paid

It could be why they didn't get paid in the first place difficult to get the money back

Anyway he do many things to gain nothing but many don't see this and blame taksin regime

Since they refuse election maybe they should work with them maybe the last election was not to much cheating

One thing is for sure taking pebbles right to debate things only gonna make problems

So maybe the justice system is not to much justice under these terms

justice work under democracy only

Every one have the right for a fair treatment incl the junta they must be trailed too under the low for treason and then we can se where we are

Thanks to the army it's a big mess now running out of control

But I hope they solve it but go after taksin only is not to clever there is good and bad in every thing

And cooperation is the only way so they have to get it back on track so they can use the law now there are no law it can chance for every situation as needed and that's not justice

She had the rice checked before the protests. I can't find the threads mentioning it but maybe someone else can.

• Like 2

As far as I can se the army fool only do himself honer pay rice farmers before he knows the facts of who actually did place the right amount of rice as they said and then he can paid

It could be why they didn't get paid in the first place difficult to get the money back

Anyway he do many things to gain nothing but many don't see this and blame taksin regime

Since they refuse election maybe they should work with them maybe the last election was not to much cheating

One thing is for sure taking pebbles right to debate things only gonna make problems

Every one have the right for a fair treatment incl the junta they must be trailed too under the low for treason and then we can se where we are

But I hope they solve it but go after taksin only is not to clever there is good and bad in every thing

And cooperation is the only way so they have to get it back on track so they can use the law now there are no law it can chance for every situation as needed and that's not justice

She had the rice checked before the protests. I can't find the threads mentioning it but maybe someone else can.

She announced that the rice had been checked. I think it took all of 24 hours. QED.

• Like 1

You won't get anywhere with this lot, Yingluck. Take them to the international Court of Justice and see how much they like that.

Hello PBRKK - you still here, eh? Perhaps you can advise us how citizen Yingluck, no longer PM, can take anyone to the International Court of Justice. But then again she can't, and you obviously are as full of nonsense as before.

Of course she can lodge a case and with other international bodies. She is being denied natural justice and has every right to be heard and to present her case, in full, and with transparency. You wouldn't like that but the rest of the world would like to see it. The last thing Thailand needs now is a scapegoat.

Well, I don't see anyone stopping her? Maybe she and her lawyers just have not thought about that option, so perhaps you should contact her team with your excellent advice? :-)

• Like 1

If these eight witnesses are so important why did she not have these eight give testimony first? What the hell where Chalerm (known criminal) and Kittirat (admitted lyre) going to testify to that anybody would believe. Not to mention the rest of the scoundrels (criminals) that testified on her behalf.

Clearly this is a stalling tactic, one of two things this women is truly good at. Yes the other is shopping.

Talk about stalling, what happen to the 7 outstanding cases involving Suthep and Ahbisit which are at least 4-5 years old. Why the hurry for this case?

The "yeh but Suthep" Red worship squad is out. Where you guys been the last month or so?

But to answer your question that is on topic.

The hurry in this case came about because 800+ billion baht has been spent on a rice scam and Yinglucks govt could not find enough money to pay farmers for one crop season. Not to mention all the allegations of fraud and corruption from said govt. about this BS scheme.

I do believe that it what the hurry is about.

You mean to say that the +800 B Baht perceived and not yet proven rice subsidy loss is far more important for the NACC to pursue than the 90+ deaths following Rajaprasong? That's your moral stand?

A large part of Thailand have no problem with the army killing a bunch of terrorists, even if there was some collateral damage. A large part of Thailand does however have a problem with the economy being ruined.

You may not like it, but that is how it is, at least in the eyes of many of those who did not wear red shirts.

It doesn't seem fair that the accused is denied the right to produce more witnesses but then again given the way her brother's soi dog Chalerm was able to rustle up witnesses at the drop of a brown envelope in his son's case the authorities might be justified in their belief that the evidence already presented is sufficient.

• Like 1

Yingluck already has a gaggle of witnesses. What's wrong with them, and why does she want more ? She is now trying to defend the indefensible. Not a clever move, and as one who used to have some sympathy for her, I hope she gets held accountable to the full extent of the law.

Witneses can be bought very cheaply in Thailand.They will say anything, do anything, for relatively small renumeration even in murder trials as we have seen many times.

If the event there is a conviction its simple a matter of doing a runner to a friendly country. I would like to see a list of convicted felons and those awaiting trial living abroad.

" to not rush to conclude its finding by basing on the figures released by the auditing committee."

Please ignore what ever is being found ? While asking for a complete inventory check? Does sound a bit contradictory.

Anyway, how much does the Thai government owe the BAAC thanks to the Yingluck government guaranteeing the originally only 500 billion 'revolving' funds which somehow needed some addition a few times to 'grow' to 700++ only because some rice was sold.

They should let her call her witnesses, any good lawyer will be able to tear them to shreds. When someone is guilty, the less said the better. Therefore, these extra witnesses should provide discrepancies in their stories under tough questioning.

Maybe Yingluck is confident that they won't be allowed and then she can call the process unfair. She might S**t herself if they actually allow them to testify. In fact an opportunity has been lost already by the prosecution because they've had longer to practise their lines.

Maybe the prosecutors could allow her witnesses to perjure themselves and then prosecute the witnesses.

• Like 1

If these eight witnesses are so important why did she not have these eight give testimony first? What the hell where Chalerm (known criminal) and Kittirat (admitted lyre) going to testify to that anybody would believe. Not to mention the rest of the scoundrels (criminals) that testified on her behalf.

Clearly this is a stalling tactic, one of two things this women is truly good at. Yes the other is shopping.

Talk about stalling, what happen to the 7 outstanding cases involving Suthep and Ahbisit which are at least 4-5 years old. Why the hurry for this case?

Perhaps this case is more relevant at the moment as the circumstances are current but the cases you mentioned should be dealt with as soon as possible as 4 to 5 years is a long time. It would help if reasons were given for the delay.

4-5 years would precede the riots of 2010 from which the charges stem. Don't you know by now that Eric Loh is a propagandist and his 'facts' are not facts? Abhisit became PM of Thailand 5 years and 2 months ago; so that '4-5 years' could almost predate his term as PM.

Edited by rametindallas

does this woman not read the news and the daily updates regarding the rice

missing - good rice replaced by rejects from the millers - old rice that should not be in stock - G2G deals that never existed - fabricated figures - 800 billion missing - Lies - corruption - rice from unknown sources - no money to pay the farmers

It would be much easier to list what is right with the rice scheme than list what is wrong

_ There is some rice in storage - that's about it right there

Who was in charge ? you were you daft cow

More witnesses to say what ? you were shopping that day <deleted>

This is nothing more than Thaksin trying to stir the pot and getting her into more trouble

This woman is truly getting giddy

What else are they allowed to write?

There is a big line behind Ms Y. Reporters and auditors are trying to stay off this particular line. They know where it goes.

Perhaps this case is more relevant at the moment as the circumstances are current but the cases you mentioned should be dealt with as soon as possible as 4 to 5 years is a long time. It would help if reasons were given for the delay.

4-5 years would precede the riots of 2010 from which the charges stem. Don't you know by now that Eric Loh is a propagandist and his 'facts' are not facts? Abhisit became PM of Thailand 5 years and 2 months ago; so that '4-5 years' could almost predate his term as PM.

I must admit I don't know which cases Eric is talking about but I was talking more about the current case against Yingluck. I have heard mention on here about corruption cases against Suthep and Abhisit but I don't know anything about them. If Eric or anyone else could direct us to more information that would be helpful.

Obviously I do know about the case involving the deaths in 2010 and I've mentioned that and the PTP's apparent failure to abide by international law as stated by Robert Amsterdam in my post #89

Yingluck already has a gaggle of witnesses. What's wrong with them, and why does she want more ? She is now trying to defend the indefensible. Not a clever move, and as one who used to have some sympathy for her, I hope she gets held accountable to the full extent of the law.

why then you had some sympathy and not now may I ask? I an interested to know what changed your mind?

I met her once before she was elected to PM. As a person she was friendly, easy to talk to, very presentable and someone who was used to being at business meetings and public events. But as a politician she seemed very naive, someone who could be manipulated, and would always agree with the Party line, - which is what has happened. I had hoped she might be a bit more independent than she has been.

Now she is trying to separate herself from her roles as Prime Minister and Head of the rice scheme by appealing to public sympathy. She is not accepting any responsibility for what has happened, and presumably will claim she didn't know what was going on. There may even be some truth in that, but ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, and the buck stops with her.

• Like 1

You won't get anywhere with this lot, Yingluck. Take them to the international Court of Justice and see how much they like that.

Do you really think the ICJ would have any interest in a has-been clone who can't even tie her own shoe laces unless instructed by her caddie.

To deal with these matters in a way that lacks transparency and fairness is asking for trouble. Thailand doesn't need trouble anymore than it needs gratuitous advice from you and your kangaroo court cronies

Kangaroo court, is that something like a war on drugs - what was the total number killed, 2500, that's what we know about?

Yes Artisi, it does seem that poor old Prbkk is a tad confused. What is happening to Yingluck right now is completely legal and above board, transparent and fair.

Now, what happened to those 2500 people who were "allegedly" involved with drugs and subsequently executed, now that was a kangaroo court.

I have noticed there are not nearly as many trolls posters waving the red flag lately, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in the ability to annoy.

Mind you, I must admit I do enjoy reading their pathetic and mindless attempts at re-floating the S.S. Titanic. clap2.gif

Do you really think the ICJ would have any interest in a has-been clone who can't even tie her own shoe laces unless instructed by her caddie.

To deal with these matters in a way that lacks transparency and fairness is asking for trouble. Thailand doesn't need trouble anymore than it needs gratuitous advice from you and your kangaroo court cronies

Kangaroo court, is that something like a war on drugs - what was the total number killed, 2500, that's what we know about?

Yes Artisi, it does seem that poor old Prbkk is a tad confused. What is happening to Yingluck right now is completely legal and above board, transparent and fair.

Now, what happened to those 2500 people who were "allegedly" involved with drugs and subsequently executed, now that was a kangaroo court.

I have noticed there are not nearly as many trolls posters waving the red flag lately, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in the ability to annoy.

Mind you, I must admit I do enjoy reading their pathetic and mindless attempts at re-floating the S.S. Titanic. clap2.gif

They are more like pregnant pole - vaulter's ops didn't quite make it.

why then you had some sympathy and not now may I ask? I an interested to know what changed your mind?

I met her once before she was elected to PM. As a person she was friendly, easy to talk to, very presentable and someone who was used to being at business meetings and public events. But as a politician she seemed very naive, someone who could be manipulated, and would always agree with the Party line, - which is what has happened. I had hoped she might be a bit more independent than she has been.

Now she is trying to separate herself from her roles as Prime Minister and Head of the rice scheme by appealing to public sympathy. She is not accepting any responsibility for what has happened, and presumably will claim she didn't know what was going on. There may even be some truth in that, but ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, and the buck stops with her.

True. Her duties would have been better fit leaving her as a show pony; which is her character. Never fit for a politician. Gotta be a lot tougher than she could manage; especially being handled by her ruthless brother!

Perhaps she can take the case of the illegally issued replacement passport her criminal fugitive brother received from her cousin the former foreign minister? You know, the one she has refused to answer question on to the Ombudsman for nearly 3 years?

I doubt whether any international body will give the Shins the time of day. They can all see through them, past the continuous lies and whines of innocence.

Yingluck would be advised to keep away from any courts if she can.

Justice works under democracy only - well not if you have a democratically elected government that lies, cheats, acts illegally and refuses to obey the law if they don't like it it doesn't.

And when they turn a blind eye to violent attack and murders against any who oppose them you're on the road to anarchy.

You think there is good and bad in everything - an old paradox. So what good do you see in Thaksin? He launched a war on drugs and 2,500 plus were executed without trial, and no one knows who was innocent or guilty. Justice - not on Thaksin proxy parties' agenda unless it favors them.

You really think Yinggy was on the ball up until the attempt at cheating an amnesty for her criminal brother blew up? Could you provide some evidence to support your opinion on this?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems like the last thing she could possibly want would be justice. At any rate, won't she just flee the country when everything finally boils over?

I think her passport has already been confiscated, along with chalerm and surapong. Can anybody confirm this?

Kangaroo court followed by firing squad.

No need for witness, we already know the verdict!

The reality is Thaksin will campaign against any verdict on the basis that the government has been replaced by a Junta - he will claim the trial is biased.

Extra-Judicial killings arising from his war on drugs and his own convictions will of course be forgotten about while he portrays himself a man of judicial process.

Especially by the USA and EU. two other corrupt organizations.