Yingluck's lawyer petitions for justice again

webfact

She can call all the witnesses she wishes, if/when the case goes to trial in court, which it hasn't yet. wink.png

Meanwhile more evidence emerges daily, that rice really has disappeared or been replaced with lower-quality stuff, which means that she was indeed negligent in not bothering to attend her committee's meetings, and that her denials of any problem were totally wrong ! facepalm.gif

The lady, and her lawyer, protest too much ! laugh.png

Perhaps she should have sent-in the 'lunch-boxes' sooner, like her clone brother ? whistling.gif

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"NACC’s suspension of all witnesses in the rice-pledging scheme is unfair to her and will only mislead the public into believing that widespread corruption prevailed in the scheme as the ongoing stockpile checks are still underway and not yet finished."

I see they are still trying to use the argument, that if something is not yet finished, then we do not know anything, and nothing should be done . She postponed the rice scam balance sheet for years for that same reason, and now she tries with the corruption investigation as well. She must think the rest of Thailand are as ignorant as her supporters.

Edited by monkeycountry

Yingluck's days of herding sheep are over. She is the fruit of the poisoned tree and should be jailed for her malfeasance, and the structured corruption ,arrogance and vanity that accompanies all potentates.

• Like 2

Do I see some similarities with Junta appointed AEC taking legal action against Taksin who also refused to hear 300 witnesses and re-consider 100 additional pieces of evidence? Got to find the reason to justify an action.

And you, Eric, apparently have to find a reason to justify the Shin Clan.

Whereas in fact the Shin Clan justify the junta ? wink.png

I myself don't think, that the money-trails will lead back to the fragrant former-PM, but hey I might be wrong ? It might explain her lawyer's apparent increasing-desperation !

Time for a 'Red Bull moment' ? whistling.gif

Do I see some similarities with Junta appointed AEC taking legal action against Taksin who also refused to hear 300 witnesses and re-consider 100 additional pieces of evidence? Got to find the reason to justify an action.

I myself don't think, that the money-trails will lead back to the fragrant former-PM, but hey I might be wrong ? It might explain her lawyer's apparent increasing-desperation !

I do think that the arrogance and corruption of the Shin Clan justified military action. I'm not usuallly pro-military - I have never supported a coup anywhere before - but in this instance Thailand was spinning out of control, and I am glad the military stepped in. I hope they can clean things up, eliminate the Shinawatra influence permanently, and then step out of the picture as soon as the job is done. But I readily acknowledge this may be wishful thinking.

• Like 2

You won't get anywhere with this lot, Yingluck. Take them to the international Court of Justice and see how much they like that.

Maybe you could wrap her in some cotton wool. until the armies trial comes up ??

• Like 1

If these eight witnesses are so important why did she not have these eight give testimony first? What the hell where Chalerm (known criminal) and Kittirat (admitted lyre) going to testify to that anybody would believe. Not to mention the rest of the scoundrels (criminals) that testified on her behalf.

Clearly this is a stalling tactic, one of two things this women is truly good at. Yes the other is shopping.

Talk about stalling, what happen to the 7 outstanding cases involving Suthep and Ahbisit which are at least 4-5 years old. Why the hurry for this case?

If these eight witnesses are so important why did she not have these eight give testimony first? What the hell where Chalerm (known criminal) and Kittirat (admitted lyre) going to testify to that anybody would believe. Not to mention the rest of the scoundrels (criminals) that testified on her behalf.

Clearly this is a stalling tactic, one of two things this women is truly good at. Yes the other is shopping.

Talk about stalling, what happen to the 7 outstanding cases involving Suthep and Ahbisit which are at least 4-5 years old. Why the hurry for this case?

Perhaps this case is more relevant at the moment as the circumstances are current but the cases you mentioned should be dealt with as soon as possible as 4 to 5 years is a long time. It would help if reasons were given for the delay.

with the hudge amount of money she put in her bank account during her duty time speak for herself.

what an attitude!!!!

bah.gif

Eh?

Thought the latest asset review didn't show a massive increase in her finances.

Not saying she's not involved in any corruption and graft, just nothing showed up in her accounts, yet.

For what it's worth, although a god-almighty waste of the courts time hearing these irrelevant character witnesses, they might be better off allowing their testimony. It's not as if there is a cat in hell's chance of her proving she was not head of the rice committee. It's a cold, hard fact that she was the head, at least in name. Allowing their testimony might slow the shin lovers monotonous drone of "politically motivated, unfair trial, kangaroo court" etc etc

This is a momentous and quite thrilling period in Thai history. A big fish, after losing her megabucks PR team, unable to flee the borders, will actually face trial, and Allah Inshallah will get the justice she so deserves.

Totally agree. wonder if any of the witnesses were involved in the inspections carried out during her term that found little or no irregularities.

I'm pretty certain she can prove she wasn't directly involved in allowing corruption due to her lack of attendance at meetings and ordering the previously mentioned inspections. Whether her lack of attendance is able to be used to prove negligence I don't know.

I can understand that she wasn't going to be able to do a good job as PM due to her lack of experience but she was CEO of at least one Shin company which I would have thought involved attending meetings and arguing the case for your proposed actions and standing up and explaining those actions. Bearing in mind her habit of not being at meetings or parliament it makes me wonder how real the CEO position was as well.

When she left that position she wasn't replaced so can't have been contributing too much to the enterprise.

A request for more witnesses can only be stalling for time.

It would be nice to see another PTP government with a new PM just to see how many overseas trips they have to go on.

I do think that the arrogance and corruption of the Shin Clan justified military action. I'm not usuallly pro-military - I have never supported a coup anywhere before - but in this instance Thailand was spinning out of control, and I am glad the military stepped in. I hope they can clean things up, eliminate the Shinawatra influence permanently, and then step out of the picture as soon as the job is done. But I readily acknowledge this may be wishful thinking.

I think a general dislike of coups, but acceptance that this situation might well justify one, sums up the view of many other posters/farangs on ThaiVisa, as well as ourselves. This is often decried by pro-Red posters as being fascistic or coup-loving, wrongly IMO.

Some people also take the view that military intervention is never justified, and I respect their idealistic principles, others agree that it might be justified, to prevent something which they perceived to be even worse.

Whether it's wishful thinking that Thailand will return once more to democracy, after a year or two of military rule, one can only point out that this did happen last time in 2006, and hope that the same is true again this time. Which I'm confident the vast majority of posters would support, regardless of their colour of T-shirt.

• Like 2

If they have nothing to worry about, why not let her have her witnesses, surely this would be a fair way to find out the truth. Rather than to suppress any evidence whatsoever. coffee1.gif

Truth, think the truth is slowly becoming evident and together with the records of the non-attendance at the rice scam scheme meetings it's pretty obvious nothing is being supressed. But guess if it makes you and your red brothers happy them maybe they should allow more witnesses if just to shut the red farangs up - that's until they can find something else to whinge about .

You won't get anywhere with this lot, Yingluck. Take them to the international Court of Justice and see how much they like that.

Hello PBRKK - you still here, eh? Perhaps you can advise us how citizen Yingluck, no longer PM, can take anyone to the International Court of Justice. But then again she can't, and you obviously are as full of nonsense as before.

Of course she can lodge a case and with other international bodies. She is being denied natural justice and has every right to be heard and to present her case, in full, and with transparency. You wouldn't like that but the rest of the world would like to see it. The last thing Thailand needs now is a scapegoat.

Do you really think the ICJ would have any interest in a has-been clone who can't even tie her own shoe laces unless instructed by her caddie.

• Like 1

The "yeh but Suthep" Red worship squad is out. Where you guys been the last month or so?

But to answer your question that is on topic.

The hurry in this case came about because 800+ billion baht has been spent on a rice scam and Yinglucks govt could not find enough money to pay farmers for one crop season. Not to mention all the allegations of fraud and corruption from said govt. about this BS scheme.

I do believe that it what the hurry is about.

You mean to say that the +800 B Baht perceived and not yet proven rice subsidy loss is far more important for the NACC to pursue than the 90+ deaths following Rajaprasong? That's your moral stand?

Do you really think the ICJ would have any interest in a has-been clone who can't even tie her own shoe laces unless instructed by her caddie.

To deal with these matters in a way that lacks transparency and fairness is asking for trouble. Thailand doesn't need trouble anymore than it needs gratuitous advice from you and your kangaroo court cronies