Why No Dancing At The Blues Factory ?

About three weeks ago I visited my favourite 'Blues Factory' in Pattaya.

The dance floor, where under the influence of an occasional draught of jungle juice,

I would mimic Chuck Berry's 'Moon Walk' to the rhythmic strains of Lam Morrison's guitar.

The dance floor was covered in tables and chairs !

One of the waiters mumbled something about a change in the law.

About dancing !

Well I have seen crackdowns but banning dancing ! Has the World gone mad ? :o

Yours shocked and disappointed occasionally of Pattaya.

Brother Wolf

You should know, as you come from the UK where it is illegal to dance in a bar without having the correc t licence.

That's exactly what I was told some time ago when I went to a certain bar in Bangkok and there was a sign stating guests couldn't dance in the bar. Not always greed, you know. :o

Edited by LovelyCutie

LC once tried to get me to dance on the bar in BKK, HRC if i recall. :o

It's tradition in there every Friday and Saturday night. :D

Don't recall them asking for licenses either, mind you maybe they should after seeing some of those lot dancing! :D

Bottom line is - the DANCE FLOOR TAX! Give me a break ... taxes on everything that moves, incl. the wiggly bums? :D Sad, but true!

Blues Factory A GO GO??? :D:D

Well... It DOES have a pole.... :o

totster :D

No it does'nt. :D

As Noodles says its because of the law, Basically I did it because of the new inventory laws that were introduced, We were told that we were a Danceclub so we'd have to pay 11% tax on all purchased alcohol! This law was brought in to affect clubs like Hollywoods & Xcyte that sell whiskey etc by the bottle (100 pipers etc), of course by doing this the other alcoholic distributors etc are'nt selling other products like beer etc, The bar buys in Pipers etc at 220ishbht a bottle, sell it for 600-700bht ?? with mixers, make a nice profit easily, thats why the law was introduced.

I was visited by the Eastern Seaboard tax inspectors and tipped off that if we were seen to have a proper dancefloor then we could be liable for this. No problem IMO as we are not a danceclub.

Of course this does'nt stop people from making a spectacle of themselves by air guitaring around the tables.

:D

Bottom line is - the DANCE FLOOR TAX! Give me a break ... taxes on everything that moves, incl. the wiggly bums? :D Sad, but true!

As Noodles says its because of the law, Basically I did it because of the new inventory laws that were introduced, We were told that we were a Danceclub so we'd have to pay 11% tax on all purchased alcohol! This law was brought in to affect clubs like Hollywoods & Xcyte that sell whiskey etc by the bottle (100 pipers etc), of course by doing this the other alcoholic distributors etc are'nt selling other products like beer etc, The bar buys in Pipers etc at 220ishbht a bottle, sell it for 600-700bht ?? with mixers, make a nice profit easily, thats why the law was introduced.

I was visited by the Eastern Seaboard tax inspectors and tipped off that if we were seen to have a proper dancefloor then we could be liable for this. No problem IMO as we are not a danceclub.

Of course this does'nt stop people from making a spectacle of themselves by air guitaring around the tables.

That is a shame ! I thought the dance area added to the club.

Talking of dance there is a tall farang with a shave haircut who

does the most unusual dance I have ever seen. It's sort of a

dance version of John Cleese's Ministry of Silly Walks.

This geezer is well into what he is doing but never seems to

smile. Perhaps the music takes him to another planet.

Now I have been a student of dance since the days of the Jive

and the Twist(I try to revive that one on occasions with any Thai

girl willing for a shilling).

But this chaps rendition is a new one on me.

It's not you is it ?

This geezer is well into what he is doing but never seems to

smile. Perhaps the music takes him to another planet.

Now I have been a student of dance since the days of the Jive

and the Twist(I try to revive that one on occasions with any Thai

girl willing for a shilling).

But this chaps rendition is a new one on me.

It's not you is it ?

Nope its not me. :D

You should know, as you come from the UK where it is illegal to dance in a bar without having the correc t licence.

You must have done something very illegal Noodles. Just noticed your new status :o (not so sagacious member?)

Edited by Old Croc

You must have done something very illegal Noodles. Just noticed your new status :o (not so sagacious member?)

Must have been very nasty to someone about something. Checked his last 25 posts, nothing there.

I imagine he'll be back sooner or later, in one form or another. The fun part will be trying to identify his new knickname ! :D

the dance prohibition is a big drag as I had intended to visit dave's club my next visit to Pattaya...I had anticipated watching with delight the suggestive wiggling of scantily clad young wimmin while abusing myself under the table...

heh, heh... :o

That was probably me trying to walk to the toilet !

:D:o:D

That would be Kurgen just arriving from Jenny's!!!! :o:D

Dave why don't you increase you drinks by 11% and keep the dance floor open. Most bars put there prices up just because its quite season.

A dance floor is a must with live music.

Its impossible as if we did have to pay that tax it would the monthly bills going up by over a million baht. I'd resent giving the bastards the money. :o

Putting my drinks up 11% would mean a beer would cost the customer 145bht and a Vodka 150bht which is too high. :D

Dave why don't you increase you drinks by 11% and keep the dance floor open. Most bars put there prices up just because its quite season.

A dance floor is a must with live music.

Its impossible as if we did have to pay that tax it would the monthly bills going up by over a million baht. I'd resent giving the bastards the money. :o

Putting my drinks up 11% would mean a beer would cost the customer 145bht and a Vodka 150bht which is too high. :D

If it would increase your monthly bills by over 1 million baht you must be buying nearly 10 million bahts worth of booze per month, which with your mark up of over 200 percent would then put your turnover at over 1 million baht per night.

If it would increase your monthly bills by over 1 million baht you must be buying nearly 10 million bahts worth of booze per month, which with your mark up of over 200 percent would then put your turnover at over 1 million baht per night.

Well, it is the low season right now after all............ :o