Advice On Non - lmmigrant Visa

l do apologise in advance, because l am sure this topic has been covered many times in the past. l am returning to Thailand after an absence to look after my Thai daughter. My Thai wife and l are getting divorced, so does this change any of the financial requirements for the one year non - imm visa ? l understand it is 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account ? i

Would l be correct in saying it is easier to get this visa when married to a Thai national or not ? l did email the Thai embassy in London 5 times to seek some clarification, but without reply, so would really appreciate some help on the matter.

It will be easier to get a non-o single or multiple entry based upon marriage than for having a Thai child. Until you get divorced you will not be able get a multiple entry visa for having a Thai child.

The embassy has not been asking for financial proof of 400k baht for either visa according to recent reports.

To get an extension of stay based upon having a Thai child the financial requirements are the same as marriage.