Tripple Entry 60-day Tourist Visa?

I have a triple entry 60-days tourist visa and Yes upon arrival i receiver 60 days stamp.

and at the airport , I was told that to get another 60 extension I just have to go to Immigration office,

Now i hear that immigration will give me only 30 days  extensionfacepalm.gif(

and i need to leave Thailand and walk across the border and back again and i will have another 60 days stay in Thailand

Can anyone confirm Thank You

You can get a 30 day extension for each of 3-30 days entry at an Immigration office. However, you don't have to get extensions at all -- just cross a border 2 times at the end of the first 2- 60 day entry for a total of 3- 60 day entries.

• Like 1

On entry you will get 60 days.  Each entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration with a completed TM7 form and 1900 baht.  You must make the last entry before the "must enter by" date on the visa.  You will get the 60 days and even if the visa has "expired" you can extend for 30 days more. You get almost 270 days if you use it correctly with two border runs and three 30 day extensions.

On entry you will get 60 days.  Each entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration with a completed TM7 form and 1900 baht.  You must make the last entry before the "must enter by" date on the visa.  You will get the 60 days and even if the visa has "expired" you can extend for 30 days more. You get almost 270 days if you use it correctly with two border runs and three 30 day extensions.

I'm sorry, but could you please explain this in more detail? I'd like to do this but I'm confused about how you get 270 days? I know that a Tourist Visa gives you 60 days and a one time extension of 30 days, so that so far is 90 days. But you are saying since it's a triple-entry Tourist Visa, each entry you can get 30 more days by crossing the border? So that amounts to another 90 for total of 180. Although I'm confused on the timing of how you would do this. Where do you get the other remaining days?

I'm sorry, but could you please explain this in more detail? I'd like to do this but I'm confused about how you get 270 days? I know that a Tourist Visa gives you 60 days and a one time extension of 30 days, so that so far is 90 days. But you are saying since it's a triple-entry Tourist Visa, each entry you can get 30 more days by crossing the border? So that amounts to another 90 for total of 180. Although I'm confused on the timing of how you would do this. Where do you get the other remaining days?

3 * (60 + 30) = 270.
3 60-days entries at a Thailand border,
Each extended for further 30 days at any immigration office for 1,900 Bt.

[quote name="paz" post="8078845" timestamp[/quote]
3 * (60 + 30) = 270.
3 60-days entries at a Thailand border,
Each extended for further 30 days at any immigration office for 1,900 Bt.[/quote]

Ok, I think what I was confused about what I thought a triple-entry Tourist Visa just meant you can re-enter Thailand 3 times, and I thought at border you get 30 days (exempt Visa) each entry, but it sounds like you can actually get 60 days at each entry when you cross border which essentially you are getting another Tourist Visa, correct? and then getting a 30 day extension on it? Am I understanding this right?

Also, from what I read on Thai Consulate website, it says single & double entry Tourist Visa must be used within 90 days of date of issuance - is there a different time frame for triple-entry?

And what particular border is best to do this?

If you are still confused, just read the postings above as they are all very, very clear.

Form what I know, triple entry visa are valid a minimum of 6 months after issue.

There is no "best" border, any will be allow entry with a valid visa. Which one is best in term of ease of travel depends on where the person is located. Edited by paz

Sorry, I've never been to Thailand, and I rarely travel out of country, so this is all new for me.

So when one is actually at the border, what do you say to get the 60 days? Are you actually applying for another Tourist Visa or is 60 day automatic when you cross?

Sorry, I've never been to Thailand, and I rarely travel out of country, so this is all new for me.

So when one is actually at the border, what do you say to get the 60 days? Are you actually applying for another Tourist Visa or is 60 day automatic when you cross?

you go to a border crossing (say cambodia) and exit thailand and they stamp you out. then you get a visa on arrival into cambodia for about 1000 baht. you then go to the exit cambodia window and exit cambodia where they will stamp you out of cambodia (some guards will ask for 300 baht for a same day exit fee which isnt really legal. some pay , some refuse. ). then walk to the thai side again and enter thailand on your existing visa as your 2nd entry. 

Hello bnzgrl

Some good clear answers have already been given by the more experienced members on this Forum. I am not so knowledgeable. I thought though that if I were to set out my personal experience it will help you to see more clearly what the procedure is. Hope it helps anyway :)

I'm on a triple entry visa, which I got from the UK. A triple entry visa does not mean that you have three separate visas. Instead, it means that you have one visa, which you can use three times to enter Thailand.

Mine was issued by the Thai Consulate in Hull on 11th November 2013.

A triple entry visa lasts a maximum of 270 days, which is 9 months. For this calculation, each month lasts 30 days, and so 9 months x 30 days = 270 days.

The clock relating to the 270 days starts ticking from the date of issue, in my case, 11th November, and not from the first day that you arrive in Thailand. For me, that was 21st November - so I had already lost 10 days. I could now only stay in Thailand for a maximum of 260 days, but that was ok, this time, for me.

One very, very important thing to note on the triple entry visa sticker that was put in the passport by the Consulate in the UK is the "Enter Before" date. Mine says: 10th May 2014. This means that I have to activate the third and final entry on my visa by 9th May 2014 at the latest.

Day 1 = 11th November 2013 (date visa issued by Consulate in Hull)
Day 180 = 9th May 2014 (last day left to activate third and final entry to the visa)
Day 270 = 7th August 2014 (triple entry visa expires; I cannot overstay this date; there will be serious consequences if I do).

Although I had already lost 10 days, the first entry on my visa was not activated until I arrived at Bangkok Airport. The stamp is dated 21st November and says; "Admitted until 19th January 2014". If you take 21st November as the first day of the first entry on my visa, and count up to and including 19th January, I have got 60 days.

I do not know where you are thinking of staying if you decide to travel toThailand. I live on Koh Samui. Although it is a small island, being a tourist hot spot, it has a local Immigration Office.

On 15th January, I went to the Immigration Office, filled in their TM7 form, provided a passport size photo, and paid them a fee of 1900 THB plus another 20 baht, which they charge for photocopying the documents for their records, so it's 1920 baht in total. They then gave me a 30 day extension to the first entry on my visa, making 90 days in total.

Do not leave your visit to the Immigration Office until day 60 to apply for the 30 day extension. If you do, Sod's Law will operate, and you will find that day 60 falls on the weekend or on a Public Holiday, when the Immigration Office will be shut.

Always remember to check your passport to ensure that they have given you what you have asked for. In my case, day 60 was 19th January, so day 1, of my next 30 days, started on 20th January, and not from January 15th, when I went to the Immigration Office. Day 30 was, therefore,18th February, which is the date that they stamped in my passport.

On the day I got the 30 day extension, I went to a visa run company to book a trip to the Malaysian border to activate the second entry on my visa. This trip was booked for 18th February.

Strictly speaking, a "visa run" means going to a Thai embassy or Consulate in another country to apply for a visa. That did not apply in my case, because I had my visa already. Strictly speaking, therefore, a trip to the border to activate the next entry on your visa is called a "border bounce" or "border run"; it should not be called a visa run, although you will often hear people refer to it incorrectly as such.

You say that you have never been to Thailand and that you are new to foreign travel generally. I would therefore strongly suggest that if you do come here that you pay a Visa Run company to take you on a "border bounce" to activate the second and third entries on your visa. Don't try to do it yourself; others on this Forum may disagree, but you will, at least, have peace of mind. You'll also be with a group of people. Some of them will have done the trip before and can show you what to do at the border crossing.

For me, I pay 1900 THB for a one day trip from Koh Samui to Khuan Don, which is the Thai immigration post on the Malaysian border. The fee covers the cost of being picked up at 3,30 am, the ferry tickets to and from the mainland, food and drink, and a comfortable trip in a mini van to Khuan Don. We are back in Samui by about 6 pm. The firm also provides the TM6 Departure Card.

At Khuan Don, you are stamped out of Thailand by the Thai border official. You walk about 200 yards to the immigration post on the Malaysian side. At the first window, they stamp you in as having entered Malaysia. You then hand your passport to the official at the window next door. They will then stamp you out to show that you have left Malaysia. You then walk the same 200 yards back to the immigration post on the Thai side. You give them your passport and the completed TM6 Departure Card. The official will staple the Card into your passport. He will then stamp your passport to activate the second entry on your visa..

In my case, the stamp is dated 18th February and says: "Admitted until 18th April." Counting 18th February as day 1, then April 18th is day 60.

To get my extension of 30 days to the second entry on my visa, I go to my local Immigration Office on Samui on 8th April i.e. well before 60th day of 18th April. I fill in their TM7 form, give them another passport photo, and pay their fee of 1920 THB.

I check my passport afterwards. The stamp is dated 8th April, but day 1 of the 30 day extension will start on 19th April. Day 30 would be 18th May 2014, which is the date shown on the stamp.

But ... and this is a big, big BUT! The triple entry visa sticker placed in my passport by the Thai Consulate back in the UK says that I must "Enter Before" 10th May. This means that this time I will not get the full 30 days. Instead, I must activate the third and final entry to my visa by 9th May 2014 at the latest; I would be too late if I tried to do it on 18th May. Although I arrived at Bangkok Airport on 21st November 2013, I had already lost 10 days, because the 270 day clock had started ticking on the day the visa was issued by the Consulate, which was 11th November 2013.

Having got my extension, I went back to the visa run company and booked my next "border bounce". They noted the "enter before" date on my visa was 10th May and so I travelled on 8th May to Khuan Don. Same procedure and so the final entry on my visa was activated.

I checked the passport. Day 1 of the third entry to my visa is 8th May and so day 60 would be 6th July, which is the date stamped in my passport.

To get my 30 day extension on the third entry to my visa, I went to my local Immigration Office on 24th June. Again, same procedure and fee.

Again, I check my passport. If day 60 is 6th July, then day 1 of the 30 day extension will be 7th July, and so day 30 will be 5th August. This is the date stamped in my passport. In fact, my flight back to the UK is booked for 1st August. I have lost a few more days from the original total of 270, but that's ok this time around.

As I say, I feel that it would be best to do your "border bounces" with a recognised company. You will make friends whilst you're in Thailand, and you will soon hear the name of a good company to go with.

You may find this link of interest. It is specific to Samui but it gives you an idea of what happens. I use the company referred to. The owner also owns a massage parlour. So, I guess with him, a safe return to Samui after a successful border bounce is not the only "happy ending" that he has on offer.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/thailand/2012/03/06/visa-runs-from-samui/
  • Like 2

Hello bnzgrl

Some good clear answers have already been given by the more experienced members on this Forum. I am not so knowledgeable. I thought though that if I were to set out my personal experience it will help you to see more clearly what the procedure is. Hope it helps anyway smile.png

I'm on a triple entry visa, which I got from the UK. A triple entry visa does not mean that you have three separate visas. Instead, it means that you have one visa, which you can use three times to enter Thailand.

Mine was issued by the Thai Consulate in Hull on 11th November 2013.

A triple entry visa lasts a maximum of 270 days, which is 9 months. For this calculation, each month lasts 30 days, and so 9 months x 30 days = 270 days.

The clock relating to the 270 days starts ticking from the date of issue, in my case, 11th November, and not from the first day that you arrive in Thailand. For me, that was 21st November - so I had already lost 10 days. I could now only stay in Thailand for a maximum of 260 days, but that was ok, this time, for me.

One very, very important thing to note on the triple entry visa sticker that was put in the passport by the Consulate in the UK is the "Enter Before" date. Mine says: 10th May 2014. This means that I have to activate the third and final entry on my visa by 9th May 2014 at the latest.

Day 1 = 11th November 2013 (date visa issued by Consulate in Hull)
Day 180 = 9th May 2014 (last day left to activate third and final entry to the visa)
Day 270 = 7th August 2014 (triple entry visa expires; I cannot overstay this date; there will be serious consequences if I do).

Although I had already lost 10 days, the first entry on my visa was not activated until I arrived at Bangkok Airport. The stamp is dated 21st November and says; "Admitted until 19th January 2014". If you take 21st November as the first day of the first entry on my visa, and count up to and including 19th January, I have got 60 days.

I do not know where you are thinking of staying if you decide to travel toThailand. I live on Koh Samui. Although it is a small island, being a tourist hot spot, it has a local Immigration Office.

On 15th January, I went to the Immigration Office, filled in their TM7 form, provided a passport size photo, and paid them a fee of 1900 THB plus another 20 baht, which they charge for photocopying the documents for their records, so it's 1920 baht in total. They then gave me a 30 day extension to the first entry on my visa, making 90 days in total.

Do not leave your visit to the Immigration Office until day 60 to apply for the 30 day extension. If you do, Sod's Law will operate, and you will find that day 60 falls on the weekend or on a Public Holiday, when the Immigration Office will be shut.

Always remember to check your passport to ensure that they have given you what you have asked for. In my case, day 60 was 19th January, so day 1, of my next 30 days, started on 20th January, and not from January 15th, when I went to the Immigration Office. Day 30 was, therefore,18th February, which is the date that they stamped in my passport.

On the day I got the 30 day extension, I went to a visa run company to book a trip to the Malaysian border to activate the second entry on my visa. This trip was booked for 18th February.

Strictly speaking, a "visa run" means going to a Thai embassy or Consulate in another country to apply for a visa. That did not apply in my case, because I had my visa already. Strictly speaking, therefore, a trip to the border to activate the next entry on your visa is called a "border bounce" or "border run"; it should not be called a visa run, although you will often hear people refer to it incorrectly as such.

You say that you have never been to Thailand and that you are new to foreign travel generally. I would therefore strongly suggest that if you do come here that you pay a Visa Run company to take you on a "border bounce" to activate the second and third entries on your visa. Don't try to do it yourself; others on this Forum may disagree, but you will, at least, have peace of mind. You'll also be with a group of people. Some of them will have done the trip before and can show you what to do at the border crossing.

For me, I pay 1900 THB for a one day trip from Koh Samui to Khuan Don, which is the Thai immigration post on the Malaysian border. The fee covers the cost of being picked up at 3,30 am, the ferry tickets to and from the mainland, food and drink, and a comfortable trip in a mini van to Khuan Don. We are back in Samui by about 6 pm. The firm also provides the TM6 Departure Card.

At Khuan Don, you are stamped out of Thailand by the Thai border official. You walk about 200 yards to the immigration post on the Malaysian side. At the first window, they stamp you in as having entered Malaysia. You then hand your passport to the official at the window next door. They will then stamp you out to show that you have left Malaysia. You then walk the same 200 yards back to the immigration post on the Thai side. You give them your passport and the completed TM6 Departure Card. The official will staple the Card into your passport. He will then stamp your passport to activate the second entry on your visa..

In my case, the stamp is dated 18th February and says: "Admitted until 18th April." Counting 18th February as day 1, then April 18th is day 60.

To get my extension of 30 days to the second entry on my visa, I go to my local Immigration Office on Samui on 8th April i.e. well before 60th day of 18th April. I fill in their TM7 form, give them another passport photo, and pay their fee of 1920 THB.

I check my passport afterwards. The stamp is dated 8th April, but day 1 of the 30 day extension will start on 19th April. Day 30 would be 18th May 2014, which is the date shown on the stamp.

But ... and this is a big, big BUT! The triple entry visa sticker placed in my passport by the Thai Consulate back in the UK says that I must "Enter Before" 10th May. This means that this time I will not get the full 30 days. Instead, I must activate the third and final entry to my visa by 9th May 2014 at the latest; I would be too late if I tried to do it on 18th May. Although I arrived at Bangkok Airport on 21st November 2013, I had already lost 10 days, because the 270 day clock had started ticking on the day the visa was issued by the Consulate, which was 11th November 2013.

Having got my extension, I went back to the visa run company and booked my next "border bounce". They noted the "enter before" date on my visa was 10th May and so I travelled on 8th May to Khuan Don. Same procedure and so the final entry on my visa was activated.

I checked the passport. Day 1 of the third entry to my visa is 8th May and so day 60 would be 6th July, which is the date stamped in my passport.

To get my 30 day extension on the third entry to my visa, I went to my local Immigration Office on 24th June. Again, same procedure and fee.

Again, I check my passport. If day 60 is 6th July, then day 1 of the 30 day extension will be 7th July, and so day 30 will be 5th August. This is the date stamped in my passport. In fact, my flight back to the UK is booked for 1st August. I have lost a few more days from the original total of 270, but that's ok this time around.

As I say, I feel that it would be best to do your "border bounces" with a recognised company. You will make friends whilst you're in Thailand, and you will soon hear the name of a good company to go with.

You may find this link of interest. It is specific to Samui but it gives you an idea of what happens. I use the company referred to. The owner also owns a massage parlour. So, I guess with him, a safe return to Samui after a successful border bounce is not the only "happy ending" that he has on offer.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/thailand/2012/03/06/visa-runs-from-samui/

great post

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

At Nong Kai an immigration officer look at my visa and asked me if i want 60 days i should fly back to thailand or i will get just 15 day

It was a big shock to me because it was my second entry on triple visa

i paid for Lao visa and went to the airport

when i arrived in BKK they look at my stamp and asked why so short stay in Lao. I told them I forgot papers in thaland 

at the airport i met 2 Russians and they told me that at Friendship bridge they were refused entry to thailand 

Amazing thailnd 

Pay for visa and embasy just to be refused entry 

At Nong Kai an immigration officer look at my visa and asked me if i want 60 days i should fly back to thailand or i will get just 15 day

when i arrived in BKK they look at my stamp and asked why so short stay in Lao. I told them I forgot papers in thaland 

at the airport i met 2 Russians and they told me that at Friendship bridge they were refused entry to thailand 

Amazing thailnd 

Your post is a little confusing. Were you told on departure from Thailand that you would only get 15 days or on entry after crossing the bridge and getting a Lao visa and then returning to Thailand.

I think your problem was a misunderstanding more than anything else.

Amazing thailnd 

Thanks for the update. Experiences like yours are very alarming, and show how arbitrarily the rules are being applied even for people with a valid visa. I've got a similar situation coming up where I have a 3 day trip booked to KL and will reenter on the 3rd entry of my current triple entry visa on the 14th, after the airport crackdown starts. I have two triple entries elsewhere in the passport so quite a lot of entry-exit stamps in the past couple of years. I don't know whether I'd be better trying to do a bus border run before the 12th or to chance this 3 day trip trip, but I'm nervous things could go wrong either way.

Amazing thailnd 

Thanks for the update. Experiences like yours are very alarming, and show how arbitrarily the rules are being applied even for people with a valid visa. I've got a similar situation coming up where I have a 3 day trip booked to KL and will reenter on the 3rd entry of my current triple entry visa on the 14th, after the airport crackdown starts. I have two triple entries elsewhere in the passport so quite a lot of entry-exit stamps in the past couple of years. I don't know whether I'd be better trying to do a bus border run before the 12th or to chance this 3 day trip trip, but I'm nervous things could go wrong either way.

His post is little unclear as to what actually happened.

You should not have a problem making your trip returning by air to use your 3rd entry.

There is no crackdown on tourist visa entries. The only thing official is for visa exempt entries.