Do Rapists And Child Killers Suffer in Prison?

bowerboy

It does seem that in the UK or USA or other Western countries that perpetrators of particularly heinous crimes get abused, beaten up and generally targeted by other prisoners.

Do you think the same thing happens in Thailand? Interetsed to know peoples opinion on this.

From my side I very much doubt this happens here for various cultural reasons (basically mai pen rai and nobody caring much unless it will directly affect them in some way).

Any thoughts?

I doubt rapists are- more like a badge of courage.

Child abusers is a different kettle of fish. The Thais love kids and I can't imagine pervs having a nice stay in prison...

Edited by Lancelot
  • Like 1

Why would Thais approach this matter with a Mai Pen Rai attitude, they have children of their own.

Of course nounces get a hard time in Thai prisons, probably more so than in the West as they are not sectioned here.

You only have to look at the newspapers here to notice that often in high profile child abuse cases the reenactment of the crime has to be cancelled in order to protect the criminal from the crowds.

Maybe we will get a first hand report on this matter from Mr. Homo the next time that he tries to enter Thailand. biggrin.png

Quite a few mysteriously expire in Police custody. Some completely disappear. Some never make it to court and some commit "suicide" in their cell or have extremely nasty accidents.

I'm sure Mr.Toad can fill you in. Prison is no different from the outside world you just don't get to go home at night.

Worst is those with underage children.

The ones that groom them.

Get what they deserve the pigs.

Sometimes the grooming starts early and they wait till they get to the age of consent. Thats pretty sick to.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by mrtoad

I also worked for the UK Prison Service and actually worked in a Rule 43 Unit, now Rule 45, though it was later called a Vulnerable Prisoner Unit.

I have to say it was probably the most challenging time of my career, I was dealing with the dregs of society many of them sent a shiver down my spine just by being in their presence, but I had to remain professional at all times.

There was even a pecking order amongst the 43's, with some having to be kept apart from the other 43's, because of the hideousness of their offences.

I never could work out what made these people tick.

• Like 2

It's the same in Thailand, which is why they're supposed to be separated from other prisoners for their own safety under Thai prison regulations.

I'm not sure about how effective the separation measures are though.

Edited by Trembly

Thanks for the thoughts...

I have read a few "farang in prison in Thailand" type books but don't recall any mention of this subject.

I would hope they get a hard time but somehow I just cant see it really.

Thanks for the thoughts...

I have read a few "farang in prison in Thailand" type books but don't recall any mention of this subject.

I would hope they get a hard time but somehow I just cant see it really.

As I said in my post most of them never make it to prison. They are taken care of extra-judicially. Saves a lot of Public Funds.

Beat me to it - was just looking up the thread too :)

Simple facts are - most prisoners have family on the outside, those with kids are not there to protect them, therefore, kiddy diddlers are certainly a target - anywhere!

• Like 1