Best Tailor In Pattaya? - update

Farang0tang

Hi

Have read old posts for "Best Tailor In Pattaya", and hope some posters can update any tailor recommendations (Pattaya area) from recent experience.

Usual stuff - Suit and Shirts.

Material Quality?

Fitting?

Further fittings required?

Costs? - Indications of prices paid would also be appreciated.

Cheers

If you are stock size or near I would recommend going to Zara and buying off the rack. Having been involved in the business and having had several suits made here (including one I wrote about recently) I just dont think the tailors here are up to the job. On the other hand the suit I bought from Zara for 5K baht a couple of years ago is still in as new condition. It travels well and everything works. The stitching is good but most of all the cut is excellent and keeps its shape.

Thai suits start out good but very quickly lose their shape. Don't bother. Just cause its hand made don't make it savlle row.

If you go to Europe or the States buy in the sale there and get any alterations done here.

Classic Tailors across from Royal Garden. Actually on a small soi off the hotel entrance.

They have been doing stuff for me for years shirts-slacks-tropical wool shorts (for the US)-sportscoats.

I suggest you bring an old suit that fits you well, then they can copy with alterations in waistline, etc. to fit the new you.

Prices are reasonable. Monogrammed shirt B900, wool slacks B1500 and all their stuff wears like iron. Never had a seam rip.

After a few years here, I have come to the same conclusion as Sigurris. They are all bad. The best of the Indian ones was Grovers but they seem to have closed now. From the Thai ones O Tailor is not too bad (next to Tukcom) but Thai style with no clue about shirt collars. Burbas (sp?) opposite Friendship, same same.

All of the Indian ones take their stuff behind Tukcom where your items are made in the sweatshop. No real point comparing them as the shops actually have little impact except for getting the sizing correct. The fit should come from the tailor, but none of the Indians are tailors, so if you want a correct fit you need to send the item back and forth as many times as it takes or you give up.

suits - off the peg if you can, or get them made somewhere else. Shirts, same, or buy the material you want, take a picture of the design you want and go tothe tukcom lanes yourself and save 50% of the cost.

Edited by boldface
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot.

I will check out Zara, Amigo, and Classic Tailors.

Cheers

I once had to struggle w/ Classic to get the right fit out of them. Suit had to be sent back several times--which I had expected, but the attitude quickly changed from the rosy sales attitude to tired, put upon, and reluctant. Also, be sure to get the price quotation in writing. I won't go back.

After a few years here, I have come to the same conclusion as Sigurris. They are all bad. The best of the Indian ones was Grovers but they seem to have closed now. From the Thai ones O Tailor is not too bad (next to Tukcom) but Thai style with no clue about shirt collars. Burbas (sp?) opposite Friendship, same same.

All of the Indian ones take their stuff behind Tukcom where your items are made in the sweatshop. No real point comparing them as the shops actually have little impact except for getting the sizing correct. The fit should come from the tailor, but none of the Indians are tailors, so if you want a correct fit you need to send the item back and forth as many times as it takes or you give up.

suits - off the peg if you can, or get them made somewhere else. Shirts, same, or buy the material you want, take a picture of the design you want and go tothe tukcom lanes yourself and save 50% of the cost.

Where exactly behind Tukcom are these sweatshops?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand